: Do anyone have Cadillac Escalade 07-12 Console MTX Thunderform Subwoofer installed...

Dfost
05-11-13, 09:21 PM
Can you post a few pics? Do it take away from center console space?

shore
05-11-13, 11:22 PM
I've been asking this and searching, wondering if it even truly fits, can't find any info on it.

I really want to try it but a $500 gamble is what it's looking like.

----------

It's actually supposed to sit up under the dash, you would think it goes under your armrest area but if you look at the install direction(Tahoe) you'll see it id far more forward.

I don't see anything modified to the console/cupholder area.

shore
05-13-13, 12:44 PM
well, I called them and asked and they said it will fit. I went ahead and ordered it, I'll report back when I get it and install it.

36dbldz
05-13-13, 02:16 PM
well, I called them and asked and they said it will fit. I went ahead and ordered it, I'll report back when I get it and install it.

Post pics if you can too please

shore
05-16-13, 12:48 PM
well, that pretty quick shipping, unfortunately, it arrived damaged. Shipping box looked fine but the enclosure was cracked about 2' long down the side. They are scheduling to pick it back up and ship me another one out.

shore
05-23-13, 03:26 PM
ok, gonna go ahead say take your chances ordering anything from Onlinecarstereo. They got it to me quick but it was defective. The shipping box was in perfect condition but the enclosure was cracked/split. Customer service is right there but they do not do what they say.

I have been given nothing but the run around. I've called 6 times in the last 8 days and talked to 4 different people who all said they would have a call tag emailed and a manager call within 24hrs to get this handled. Not one email or call. I called 3 times yesterday and left messages, talked to two different people, one twice and they never got back to me.

shore
05-23-13, 07:46 PM
I'm waist deep installing this enclosure. I'll start by saying this. This enclosure does not fit straight forward like the Tahoe. There is a good deal of cutting involved to fit the non-amped version. The amp version provides more issues with clearance. We shall see.....

shore
05-25-13, 10:11 AM
ok, so if you want to install this enclosure I hope you have some patience. It will fit but not 100%. There is a main wire harness that will make the right side panel bulge. It's in between the seat and console but still, it won't be flush. The wire harness connection is just too thick.

I spent a good 10hrs doing this. It's 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

That being said, it sound pretty dang good. Plenty of bass and enough to make you track down rattles in the dash. I still need to break the sub in but it's pretty decent.

John B
05-25-13, 12:56 PM
Any pic's to share?

shore
05-25-13, 09:49 PM
I started taking a couple pics and then got to concerned with it to take anymore. It's a lot of cutting but it's cool to have it hidden. The Gf was not expecting it to be completely stock looking.

The lower portion of the dash under the radio needs to be cut off. The front section of the console has to be cut off. Then the trick was to trim the plastic trim that covers the HVAC ducting that runs under the glovebox. That corner stops the enclosure from sliding forward enough to clear the cupholders.

The dang thing is still too wide. The console has to be forced down over the end of the enclosure. Not necessarily a bad thing.

John B
05-26-13, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the update. Could you please take some pic's of where the current intefereces are that you can physically see as the fisnished product and point out where the cutting is needed?

shore
05-26-13, 02:03 PM
I'll have to pop the center portion off and take a pic. It's pretty obvious once you get the box what needs to be cut. It's just trimming from there on.

What I did was remove both side kick panels on the dash. Unbolt the center console and it flips up on it's rear out of the way. 2 screws on either side of the console in between the seats. The MTX instruction said to unscrew the rear cupholder but I don't think that's needed. I never took my rear cupholder out. I did unscrew it. Don't think it did anything like it would on the Tahoes. It's a little different.

I took the speaker out of the box so it was easier to handle and no chance of damaging the sub. There is a metal brace by the gas pedal, unbolt that and remove it.

Once you slide the box in it'll be obvious what's in the way. You really can't over cut the dash portion.

The console is about the same. Once you cut the dash slide the box in and let the console down. You'll see how much needs to be cut.

If you get the none powered version, you're done. If you get the powered version, you'll need to trim the HVAC trim cover under the dash a little to allow the box to slide forward a couple inches.

BTW, never did get a call back or email from onlinecarstereo. Not good. I fixed the box from inside. It was not so much a crack as it was a seam that got pushed. The enclosure is a two piece design. Top and bottom. That side got split apart. I removed the sub and pushed it back in place and sealed the split section with some 5200 fast cure sealant.

Here's something important and would be frustrating to track down. The box comes with mounting brackets. These brackets screw to the enclosure. That screw boss is a open hole. YOu won't be able to bolt this enclosure down to the floor but you have to put the screw in the box. If you don't it will whistle when the sub moves. Fortunately, I found this out before installing. I thought the sub was leaking air around it's gasket.

Dfost
05-26-13, 08:21 PM
When installed MTX did you remove Bose amp in the console also??

shore
05-26-13, 08:44 PM
No, Bose amp stayed. I got the input signal from the Bose subwoofer leads after the amp. The only thing removed was the Bose enclosure. Matter of fact, I think I'll sell that.

Joe Santiago
06-13-13, 10:41 AM
Thanks shore!
I've got the MTX thunderform here now and I'm going to take the plunge.. I'll watch out for the problems you noted, and try to post pics of full install as well- just an fyi for those reviewing this post- I've got an 2007 escalade with navigation system- keeping the OEM headunit, and replacing speakers (ive picked the best set to work with the bose system based on their low Ohm rating..)
I'll keep all posted

shore
06-20-13, 10:45 PM
well, I sold the escalade. I removed the powered MTX enclosure so.......I have it listed in the sticky thread if anyone wants it.

shore
06-25-13, 10:56 PM
Hmm.

Joe Santiago
06-27-13, 12:30 PM
Update:

I was able to make everything work/fit and is looks and sounds great! With original headunit all looks completetly factory, but sounds beyond amazing! Well worth the effort (but it did take the better part of a weekend) This install is definitely a project- be ready to spend at least 10-12 hours, an extra set of hands you trust might make it go faster too

I have all the pics, haven't uploaded them yet- I'll try to when I have the time or if someone else picks up on this thread and requests the full write-up sooner.

Final install used all speakers from 'infinity' (With the appropriate Ohm ratings that matched all the original Ohm factory Bose outputs), and the powered MTX sub sounds awesome!

If you're game, get ready to really enjoy your ride again!

2007XTSDub
06-27-13, 03:03 PM
Pics please

blackex
06-27-13, 03:05 PM
Whoah 10-12 hours would not be fun for this.

Alpha.Romeo
06-27-13, 09:51 PM
Great job...

Could you write us a detailed part list?
I would definitely like to change my soundsystem... The stock one sucks totally... Both of my former BMWs had a better sound quality and that without HARMAN/Kardon...
Pics would be nice too
Thx

shore
06-28-13, 11:23 AM
I do still have mine for sale.

2007XTSDub
06-30-13, 07:18 AM
Pm sent

shore
07-01-13, 10:48 AM
10-12 hours?

ugh, no. I spent maybe 3 hours of actual work. That was figuring out what to remove and how to.
I removed this enclosure in 10 minutes.

shore
07-11-13, 01:19 PM
can't believe no one wants this enclosure. lol

FlipEXT
07-11-13, 08:52 PM
Pics please...

shore
07-11-13, 08:56 PM
I hope you're not asking me, it's the same enclosure that we are talking about in here but it's the powered version.