: Tear in driver seat

Dadillac
05-11-13, 08:03 PM
Bought my DTS two years ago (May 4, 2011) and it has been a great experience. I detailed the interior today and while conditioning the driver seat I noticed some small tears on the outside of the seat cushion. Not sure why or how that happened. Anyway, since I am keeping this car, until one of us dies, I ordered a new seat cushion, seat back cover, and seat pad today. Not cheap but I will not be happy with the seat like it is. Hopefully with me taking care of the seat from scratch it will fare better than this one. Not sure if the previous owner did anything with the seats when they had the car. It was a lease car.

Don

ral1960
05-12-13, 12:09 AM
If you'd stop crying, you wouldn't get tears on the seat.

My first Cadillac had a dime sized hole in the seatback when I bought it. But I was 19 and didn't care.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 03:07 PM
Bought my DTS two years ago (May 4, 2011) and it has been a great experience. I detailed the interior today and while conditioning the driver seat I noticed some small tears on the outside of the seat cushion. Not sure why or how that happened. Anyway, since I am keeping this car, until one of us dies, I ordered a new seat cushion, seat back cover, and seat pad today. Not cheap but I will not be happy with the seat like it is. Hopefully with me taking care of the seat from scratch it will fare better than this one. Not sure if the previous owner did anything with the seats when they had the car. It was a lease car.

Don

Hello Dadillac,

Glad to hear you are still having a great experience with your DTS two years later. After you replace your seat, I am sure the vehicle will look brand new! Enjoy driving it around.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service