: 06 v6 repair list for dealer on Monday :(

repnatl
05-11-13, 04:09 PM
3rd set of lower control arms
Power steering leak
Cd's not playing and constantly shuffling
Also shuffle when pressing the middle row forward button
High pitched power steering or pulley squeal on start up
Rattling noise on cold start up (timing chains done last November)
Hopefully engine replacement due to oil consumption
2nd new key fob dead again
Clunk in reverse after backing up a few feet (nt the u joints)
Fan clutch has some play
Left rear tire pressure sensor dead again

If my warranty doesn't cover these items even though they are on the list of covered repairs this truck is going to the junkyard lol

pilot188
05-12-13, 10:37 AM
OK, I am looking for a used head lamp (right side) Model 2005 / 2007
So, I interested for this part

repnatl
05-12-13, 11:23 AM
I got a used one for my truck off ebay for 250

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 05:24 PM
3rd set of lower control arms
Power steering leak
Cd's not playing and constantly shuffling
Also shuffle when pressing the middle row forward button
High pitched power steering or pulley squeal on start up
Rattling noise on cold start up (timing chains done last November)
Hopefully engine replacement due to oil consumption
2nd new key fob dead again
Clunk in reverse after backing up a few feet (nt the u joints)
Fan clutch has some play
Left rear tire pressure sensor dead again

If my warranty doesn't cover these items even though they are on the list of covered repairs this truck is going to the junkyard lol

Hello repnatl,

I am sorry for these issues with your vehicle you are experiencing. I hope your dealership visit goes well. Let us know; we will be sad to hear if you get rid of your vehicle.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

repnatl
05-21-13, 12:49 PM
Awesome news :( warranty will only repair the radio and Ac tensioner and will cost me $400 outside of my deductible. Won't touch the leak or control arms even though they are covered. This is my last straw im getting rid of this truck.

glake89
05-21-13, 01:02 PM
Or have your lawyer send a nice letter-

repnatl
05-21-13, 03:23 PM
I doubt know if a lawyer would help cause bottom line is the truck needs an engine and they won't touch it due to the previous owners negligence so im pretty much screwed either way. All the warranty company (mercury insurance) is gonna do is point to the fine print about sludge which there isn't any anymore. Engine is perfectly clean but either way you know they like to nit pick.

glake89
05-21-13, 04:05 PM
That's what lawyers do......nit pick!

repnatl
05-21-13, 04:15 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point ill definitely have to look into that cause this is beyond ridiculous that's why we buy extended warranties because we don't know how well or lack thereof it was maintained previously and they are hiding behind their sludge and neglect clause

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-22-13, 08:32 AM
Awesome news :( warranty will only repair the radio and Ac tensioner and will cost me $400 outside of my deductible. Won't touch the leak or control arms even though they are covered. This is my last straw im getting rid of this truck.

Hello repnatl,

Sorry about your dealer experience. I would like to hear more about this. If you would like to discuss your concerns, can you please private message me the details in addition to your contact information, VIN and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

repnatl
05-23-13, 02:02 AM
Thanks Laura but nothing ever comes of it. I appreciate your help. But too many issues in such a short time that I've had to eat the bill for. I'm going to my finance company who recommended the extended warranty company to see what they can do about it but ultimately I'm getting rid of this and staying as far away from purchasing another Cadillac/GM as I can. My next vehicle when I decide to finance again will be a brand new one with a full dealer warranty so that I never have to go through this again.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-13, 08:38 AM
Thanks Laura but nothing ever comes of it. I appreciate your help. But too many issues in such a short time that I've had to eat the bill for. I'm going to my finance company who recommended the extended warranty company to see what they can do about it but ultimately I'm getting rid of this and staying as far away from purchasing another Cadillac/GM as I can. My next vehicle when I decide to finance again will be a brand new one with a full dealer warranty so that I never have to go through this again.

Hi repnatl,

You're welcome. I am sorry you feel this way based on your current situation. You know where to reach out to us if you ever need additional help!

Regards,

Laura M.

repnatl
05-23-13, 11:06 PM
OK so after the truck has been sitting at the dealer for a week I go up there to see if they heard the control arm noise and come to find out they never even drove it to verify WOW. Its sad that the techs there even told the warranty adjuster that I've done an awesome job at the repairs and they weren't a hack job and further said that I know more about the srx than they do. Also that all repairs I've done look professional :) at least I know I'm very competent in my work.

08SRX
05-24-13, 12:35 PM
This thread brings up an important point about extended warranties. The term 'extended warranty' implies that it is an extension of the original manufacturer's warranty. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I think the term "extended warranty" should not be used at all. Instead, it should be called what it is, a "partial post-coverage warranty". Extended warranties do NOT cover half of what the original warranty does. While they costs thousands of dollars, they expire only a couple of years later or when a certain mileage is reached. Everyone should read the fine-print in these warranties. For instance, they may cover a light socket, but not the bulb. From my experience, I may not ever get another extended warranty, because they simply haven't paid off. I would love to hear from other drivers who have found great benefit in extended warranties.

repnatl
05-24-13, 06:03 PM
Yeah just saw you post from the other irrate owner. And your very right unless its an actually a manufacturer warranty its worthless.

repnatl
05-28-13, 04:17 PM
So the update is after 2 weeks at the dealer all the warranty covered was the radio and AC tensioner. The dealership never test drive the truck after i made them ride with me to hear the control arms. Total incompetence on thwir part. So I'm picking it up with very few issues fixed and I'm selling this truck in the very near future. I actually no longer plan on driving it after I get it home its too much of a risk for another major failure that more than likely I would have to come out of pocket to fix. I have 13k miles left on this useless warranty and don't want to risk it.

repnatl
06-13-13, 08:05 AM
Even better news the noise from the power steering pump is back. I told them when I took it in that was the problem and the control arms got even worse. Going to try a different gm dealer since the other 2 didn't know what they were doing. After this last gm dealerbin the area I'm going to other repair shops outside of the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-13, 03:21 PM
Even better news the noise from the power steering pump is back. I told them when I took it in that was the problem and the control arms got even worse. Going to try a different gm dealer since the other 2 didn't know what they were doing. After this last gm dealerbin the area I'm going to other repair shops outside of the dealer.

Hello repnatl,

I apologize for these issues you are experiencing. I know I reached out to you on the forum thread before with your concerns. If there is anything you would like to discuss, please let me know and we can continue our interactions via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.