: Air conditioning only cold on one side

08SRX
05-11-13, 04:05 PM
Suddenly my passenger side A/C is not working. Driver side gets ice-cold, but passenger side is just recirculating air. The blend door appears to work okay ( I tried with 90 degrees one side and 60 degrees on the other and then reverse), but the passenger side never gets colder than ambient air. Is this just low Freon or what else could be wrong? It seems to be that since the driver side gets really cold, the compressor etc must be working correctly.

glake89
05-11-13, 05:35 PM
Well, there are about 20 DTCs associated with the HVAC system. Still, sounds like the rt. side door isn't working properly.

08SRX
05-11-13, 07:56 PM
Thanks Glake,

Do you or anyone have any idea how to check or access the passenger side door? Is it from under the dash? What would I check for? I will also see if I can get any DTC's.

Thanks!

n7don_srx
05-11-13, 09:46 PM
Try feeling the suction line to see how cold it is. On the V6 it runs across the driver's side spring tower and returns to the compressor. If the refrigerant charge is low this line will not be too cool. If you have access to another vehicle with a working ac you can get an idea of how cool it should be. A low charge can cause a temperature differential like you are experiencing. You might have someone run the engine a couple thousand rpm.

glake89
05-12-13, 11:02 AM
Look here-
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=842503&ukey_make=1085&ukey_model=15862&modelYear=2008&ukey_category=22480

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 06:28 PM
Suddenly my passenger side A/C is not working. Driver side gets ice-cold, but passenger side is just recirculating air. The blend door appears to work okay ( I tried with 90 degrees one side and 60 degrees on the other and then reverse), but the passenger side never gets colder than ambient air. Is this just low Freon or what else could be wrong? It seems to be that since the driver side gets really cold, the compressor etc must be working correctly.

Hello 08SRX,

I see other forum members have offered some great advice. Let us know if you are able to solve your air conditioning issue. I don't know if you want to take your vehicle to a dealership, but I can assist you throughout that process if you would like. If additional concerns arise please reach out to us via private message!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service