: Need help with a part number

codewize
05-11-13, 12:57 PM
I'm looking for the proper part number for the headlight switch on a 91 Brougham. When I search around I get an array of numbers. The thing that concerns me is when I check Rock Auto they don't list the switch by browsing the vehicle, but when I put in any of the part numbers I find, they have that switch.

If it matters, the VIN is
1G6DW5474MR703786

1980coupe
05-12-13, 02:22 AM
Why not just go to pep boys or autozone or o reillys, they should have it there. Just take yours with you and when they bring to you the part you need, you can compare the both to make sure it's what you need. Otherwise, once you take it, lets say without bring in yours and it doesnt work or not the same, you're screwed with it because it is an electrical part and cannot be returned...so make sure to take yours...

codewize
05-12-13, 08:31 AM
Well one reason is that I don't put second rate parts in my cars so I'm looking for a pull from a parts car, eBay, etc OR to buy a GM part from an online supplier.

1980coupe
05-12-13, 10:34 AM
Second rate? LOL. I've never had any issues with parts from these places..there's a used car sitting in the yard, I'll check to see if the switch is there. What other functions does the light have? Auto dimming, twilight sentinel?

brougham
05-12-13, 01:54 PM
I agree on the second rate parts. There is some pretty shitty stuff out there. Luckily my local parts store is a delco distributor and their prices are on par with the aftermarket stuff.
Part #s are D1511A and D1516A. Im guessing one is regular and one is with twilight.

cadillac kevin
05-12-13, 02:08 PM
I agree on the second rate parts. There is some pretty shitty stuff out there. Luckily my local parts store is a delco distributor and their prices are on par with the aftermarket stuff.
Part #s are D1511A and D1516A. Im guessing one is regular and one is with twilight.

Wouldn't there be one for guidematic too?

brougham
05-12-13, 05:06 PM
Those are the part numbers for the 1990-1992 switches.
Yeah I think guidematic would have another switch again because from what I remember it had a second adjuster ring like the sentinal uses.

codewize
05-13-13, 10:05 PM
Thank you