: Weather Warning Cdn Style

daacon
01-12-05, 10:18 AM
Well we have no hurricanes or tsunami's, earthquakes and just a few isolated Tornado's (a couple that cost live's in the last 25 years .....) so can't complian too much (albiet human nature and all ......)

What we do excel at is Winter : Outside today right now -25 Celcius and dropping to -30 ish - winds and blowing snow - with windchill we hit the magic -40 where the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales meet - no conversion required ....brrrrrrrrrr - may not see the outside world today .......

airbalancer
01-12-05, 10:37 AM
We have freezing rain at the moment going to 5C today , 10C tomorrow then to -7 for Friday.
When was the last time you saw the sun?
My last time was I think was I was in Mexico in Novomber :banghead:
Been checking the last minute trips south ,mite be time to caught a flight south

daacon
01-12-05, 10:59 AM
Nice ....the gig I have now I work from the 'home office" so the Sun can seen through my office Window. I have spent many winters though as I am sure you have (and many others) driving to work in the dark and comming home in the dark where the the Sun was a vicious rumor :rolleyes:

We are planning a weekend getway to Laughlin (Baby Vegas) in Feb - my Dad is a snowbird (AZ) so he will meet us there - hoping to "feel" the Sun for a few days then with a couple of rounds of golf. Just gotta get through this week .....gonna be a balmy -16 on Sunday ......really not that bad (pretty dry here - with Humidity the freeking air would freeze)

Ralph
01-12-05, 07:18 PM
We have freezing rain at the moment going to 5C today , 10C tomorrow then to -7 for Friday.
When was the last time you saw the sun?
My last time was I think was I was in Mexico in Novomber :banghead:
Been checking the last minute trips south ,mite be time to caught a flight south

That's summer weather! I'd be wearing shorts!

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?yxe

Also, they NEVER shut down businesses here when it's cold or a little ice on the streets. Currently it's -40 with wind and I have to walk tomorrow! :helpless:

Spock
01-13-05, 02:00 AM
Yeah it was deathly cold today. And plus 8 out in the east coast! *shakes fist in their general direction* AH well I guess they deserve it after all the natural disasters they've been through.

This is Gods revenge for our December though eh?

Ralph
01-13-05, 02:06 AM
Yeah it was deathly cold today. And plus 8 out in the east coast! *shakes fist in their general direction* AH well I guess they deserve it after all the natural disasters they've been through.

This is Gods revenge for our December though eh?

Ya, we had it good up until then. It's always coldest in Jan/Feb. and it doesn't let-up on the Prairies!

davesdeville
01-13-05, 04:29 AM
Living where it gets that cold is insane. I get angry and freeze my ass off when it's 25F here.

danbuc
01-13-05, 04:47 AM
Damn, that is cold. It's supposed to 68 degrees here in West Chester, PA today. I could have sworn it was January and not April. :hmm: . Crazy ass weather we have here. :cookoo:

FishOn
01-13-05, 11:10 AM
We have about -13 but the wind chill is supose to get down to a min, of -50 tonight that's even to cold to fish!

airbalancer
01-13-05, 11:41 AM
We have about -13 but the wind chill is supose to get down to a min, of -50 tonight that's even to cold to fish!
I never heard anyone say it to cold for Ice fishing,
What the wife wouldn't get wood for the wood stove?LOL

Ralph
01-13-05, 02:43 PM
Currently -45 with the wind while you are +12 in southern Ontario AB. :mad:

airbalancer
01-13-05, 03:28 PM
But by Saturday -18C remember I am south of the 49

Ralph
01-13-05, 03:32 PM
But by Saturday -18C remember I am south of the 49

I think the thing you guys forget, is that we stay this temp for weeks, if not months! Your temp will fluctuate while ours doesn't. You have become spoiled. :canttalk: ;)

I can't even go out today, I'm worried I'll crack the rad!

I'm not sure how being south of 49 affects the weather?

airbalancer
01-13-05, 03:36 PM
I use to live in Thunder BAy were it would stay could for a while.
You would also dress for the cold weather. HAve electric battery warmers.
Also you have dry cold :bonkers: And we have a damp cold :bonkers:
But is really the fed goverment fault because you did not vote for them :hide:

Ralph
01-13-05, 03:39 PM
But is really the fed goverment fault because you did not vote for them :hide:

That makes sense! ;) Now I know why we have higher gas prices (81.9 up from 76.9 yesterday!) and colder weather, IT'S THE LIBERALS FAULT!!! :lildevil:

Spock
01-13-05, 08:05 PM
We got screwed with the NEP now the weather! And Duceppe visited the U of A to speak. WHAT NEXT?!

Ralph
01-13-05, 09:08 PM
We got screwed with the NEP

NDP??

We have a provincial NDP government and they actually are worse than the Liberals!

Spock
01-13-05, 11:59 PM
National Energy Policy, when Trudeau slapped the west in the face then gave us the finger!

Ralph
01-14-05, 12:34 AM
National Energy Policy, when Trudeau slapped the west in the face then gave us the finger!

He gave the West the "finger" while on the train going back east, and if i recall correctly, it was over the grain farmers protesting the fact that down east the farmers get more per bushell.

Spock
01-14-05, 12:47 AM
Yes you're right, but I'm talking about the divisions created. Join together! Invade PEI! *shrugs*

Ralph
01-14-05, 01:32 AM
Currently -50 with the windchill and my deck window keeps making cracking sounds!!! :helpless:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 01:36 AM
right now were getting 56mph winds and thunderstorms , gotta run out and toos lawn chairs in the pool to keep em from blowing into the neibors house ....

gonna be a fun night with our brand new weather station . measures windchill ,wind speed , baro press,humid. litterally everything but radar

still laughing at dad when he read off the windchill ....told him that it was acutally hot out there not cold ...the caddy did register 81f today

Ralph
01-14-05, 01:39 AM
right now were getting 56mph winds and thunderstorms , gotta run out and toos lawn chairs in the pool to keep em from blowing into the neibors house ....

gonna be a fun night with our brand new weather station . measures windchill ,wind speed , baro press,humid. litterally everything but radar

still laughing at dad when he read off the windchill ....told him that it was acutally hot out there not cold ...the caddy did register 81f today

Man, I hope you guys don't get another bad storm! It's all you need. :helpless:

God I'm so sick of this weather, it's getting to me this year. I get these major sinus pressure headaches EVERYTIME the barometer changes, plus arthritis from this crap.

daacon
01-14-05, 11:55 AM
Yep - it's Deep freeze time .....I get weekly updates from my 'SnowBird' Dad in Az and his daily golf scores. Cold enough I almost lost two fingers pluggin in the Caddy (time outside without gloves < 5 mins) for a couple hours before I crankerd her over - she cranked and whined just like her driver , but stared ......

This is not unprecedented or unexpected. I can now tell you every window in the house that needs to be re-sealed (my keen eye can detect the 3 inches of ice on the inside !)

We usually get a few weeks of this scattered over a couple of months - it is amazing though to listen and watch the 'cabin fever' take over most people after 3 or 4 days in a row ...(see the not unprecedented or unexpected comment) .....2 deer hit this morning on a major comuter route (YellowHead) -even the animals are running for cover !

Ralph
01-14-05, 11:48 PM
I think it's getting to me (cabin fever) because my fiance is away! :crybaby: Then again, I guess I should enjoy the peace and quiet for a change.

daacon
01-15-05, 12:11 AM
You've lost your FiancÚ poor baby he's lost his FiancÚ ........The dingo ate your Baby :histeric: :histeric:

Yep I hear ya .....I went outside today just to be outside - 3 minutes later I went back inside - gonna break soon

Ralph
01-15-05, 12:16 AM
You've lost your FiancÚ poor baby he's lost his FiancÚ ........The dingo ate your Baby :histeric: :histeric:

Yep I hear ya .....I went outside today just to be outside - 3 minutes later I went back inside - gonna break soon

you watch too much Seinfeld.. :D

I ran across the street to Macs today and it was hard to get my breath because of the air temp!