: has anyone flashed a cts with only stock parts?

KLX
05-11-13, 09:21 AM
Like the title says just wondering if there is a canned tune just to work with the stock vehicle and later on can be upgraded at you mod it IE intake and exhaust??? If so what stock gains or drive-ability did you get thanks.

Tbbt
05-11-13, 10:03 AM
KLX,

First let me say welcome to the forum! I see this is your first post after joining today.

There are no silver bullets for our cars. No one tune fixes everything. I suggest that you read the posts here and learn about your car, including tuning. There are many threads about tuning and very good posts from vendors on tuning. That would be the place to start.

Again, Welcome!

btlfedcts
05-11-13, 11:45 AM
I will have my CTS 3.6L Coupe - Performance on the dyno before the end of May when I can squeeze a free weekend. I am a HPTuners calibrator and will see what I can get from the session. I am working with a MagnaFlow Exhaust and K&N drop in panel filter.

Some of my objectives (depending on the level of table decoding the guys at HPT have done) will be:

More differentiated shifting in the selected sport mode (quicker / firmer)
Reduction of torque management
Advancing Spark for premium fuel use only
Adjusting fuel for optimal performance over warranty performance
Cam Phase adjustment (if unlocked)

Tbbt
05-11-13, 12:21 PM
btlfedcts,

Very much looking forward to your results! Keep us informed.

Thanks, Marv

KLX
05-11-13, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys I plan on doing an intake and exhaust b4 the ecu tune so I am interested also in your results

----------

Thanks for the info guys I plan on doing an intake and exhaust b4 the ecu tune so I am interested also in your results

C "T" ess
05-12-13, 10:56 AM
Just a question. Wouldn't the addition of a K&N filter in addition to a cat back exhaust be limited by the ECM which will adjust for certain parameters.

KLX
05-13-13, 06:01 PM
From what I remember you would let the "tuner" know what mods you have done to the vehicle and they would build or send you a tune to take advantage of said mods.

btlfedcts
05-13-13, 11:13 PM
Mail order tuning is so "hit and miss" ... it is honestly the primary reason I went into tuning my self, that and I have access to a dyno any time I need.

KLX
05-19-13, 05:09 PM
I have a company not to far from my place that's willing to play ball with their dyno so if I get a ecu tune at least I can post a before and after.

tinman
05-21-13, 08:52 AM
http://http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/251844-my-trifecta-ecm-tcm-tuning-experience.html (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/251844-my-trifecta-ecm-tcm-tuning-experience.html)

KLX
05-23-13, 09:13 PM
Thanks.

----------

I will have my CTS 3.6L Coupe - Performance on the dyno before the end of May when I can squeeze a free weekend. I am a HPTuners calibrator and will see what I can get from the session. I am working with a MagnaFlow Exhaust and K&N drop in panel filter.

Some of my objectives (depending on the level of table decoding the guys at HPT have done) will be:

More differentiated shifting in the selected sport mode (quicker / firmer)
Reduction of torque management
Advancing Spark for premium fuel use only
Adjusting fuel for optimal performance over warranty performance
Cam Phase adjustment (if unlocked)

Awesome the local shop uses that tuning software and I am planning to follow your upgrade path so I will be standing by on your results.

CTSCHICK
05-24-13, 03:31 AM
Man you guys had me excited reading Hp tuners software here until I seen the year of your CTS's now I want to cry still no support for 08-11 3.6's :mad::crybaby:

KLX
05-24-13, 06:36 AM
Man you guys had me excited reading Hp tuners software here until I seen the year of your CTS's now I want to cry still no support for 08-11 3.6's :mad::crybaby:

I have a 13 I can only assume the company will support the model year, not sure if the ecu changed between the 12 and 13.

rfdude
07-11-13, 08:19 PM
I just got my 2008 stock cts4 base 3.6 tuned today at this guys garage http://mgscustomtune.com/. I am happy with the changes. It seems to have a bunch more punch from around 3k through 6k. The shifts are much more responsive /quicker without the lag and the downshifts are also more responsive and quicker. He owns a 2007 ctv himself and when I asked if a cai would help with the tuning he said no as they have more than enough for the engine with the stock one.

For the $450 I would say it was well worth it. Hope this helps.

KPE
08-13-13, 02:29 PM
CTSCHICK - we've got a tune for the 08-11 3.6's! No need to cry! Just shoot me an email at ben@kpe-products.com and I will most definitely help you out!

----------

KLX - Hey Andy and I have both tried to send you a response to your PM but it seems that your inbox is full! Shoot me an email at ben@kpe-products.com and I will be able to answer all of your questions!

-Ben

KLX
08-18-13, 08:49 PM
CTSCHICK - we've got a tune for the 08-11 3.6's! No need to cry! Just shoot me an email at ben@kpe-products.com and I will most definitely help you out!

----------

KLX - Hey Andy and I have both tried to send you a response to your PM but it seems that your inbox is full! Shoot me an email at ben@kpe-products.com and I will be able to answer all of your questions!

-Ben

Yeah they r pretty strict on the pm's I assume. I will drop you guys an email.