: Steering Wheel has Slight Movement..

austin
05-10-13, 08:56 PM
I noticed that every now and then when I grab onto the steering wheel I can push/pull it ever so slightly in and out before it stops doing this... Is this normal behavior?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 05:33 PM
I noticed that every now and then when I grab onto the steering wheel I can push/pull it ever so slightly in and out before it stops doing this... Is this normal behavior?

Hi austin,

I am unable to provide technical advice for you. However, if you would like assistance with setting up a dealership appointment for them to check this issue out for you, please let me know. If you private message me with contact information, VIN and dealership name and location which you would take your vehicle to, I am more than happy to help.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

RapidRob
05-12-13, 05:44 PM

Not normal on my copy - I'd get it checked out, soon!

Rob

austin
05-15-13, 08:21 AM
Not normal on my copy - I'd get it checked out, soon!

Rob

Ok, looks like this is not a common or normal issue. I will set up a service appointment. Tnx

cjwolverine
05-25-13, 07:55 AM
Curious if you had the steering wheel checked out. Mine has done this as well. I asked dealer to check and they "couldn't replicate" it. It's not a huge move, but it's almost as if it is between settings or something. Happens to me usually in parking lots. It's annoying for sure. Would love to know if you had some resolution to it. Thanks

Chris

austin
05-25-13, 10:25 AM
Curious if you had the steering wheel checked out. Mine has done this as well. I asked dealer to check and they "couldn't replicate" it. It's not a huge move, but it's almost as if it is between settings or something. Happens to me usually in parking lots. It's annoying for sure. Would love to know if you had some resolution to it. Thanks

Chris

Not yet, i will have it looked at when I take it in for my next oil change.. I will post back the findings. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-25-13, 09:12 PM

Chris

Hello Chris,

I apologize that the dealership wasn’t able to duplicate your concern when you took it in. If you would like me to assist you in setting up a second opinion with another dealership I would be more than happy to do that for you. If that is the route you would like to pursue just send me a private message. Thank you for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Not yet, i will have it looked at when I take it in for my next oil change.. I will post back the findings. :)

Hello Austin,

Thanks for keeping us updated! We will be looking forward to your response.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

austin
06-05-13, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I dropped the car off at the dealership last night.. They just called me a little while ago today.. They found that the bolts were loose to the motor that that moves the steering wheel in/out up/down. All fixed. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-13, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I dropped the car off at the dealership last night.. They just called me a little while ago today.. They found that the bolts were loose to the motor that that moves the steering wheel in/out up/down. All fixed. :)

Hi austin,

Thanks for the update and sharing this information. I am happy to hear the dealership was able to diagnose and fix your vehicle concern! Enjoy driving your V around :) Reach out to us if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service