Cadillac Owners Forum banner

stealth blue wagon

7K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  09SRT8 
#1 ·
my stealth blue V wagon made it to the dealership. I saw it today and took a couple of horrible iphone pics. My favorite part is the enormous silver front brake calipers. i hope to get better pics outside when I actually get it tomorrow.

#11 ·
here are some real pics at home, but it's a rainy day.
the blue color is similar to the sonic blue corvettes. it looks nice. i really do think the silver calipers are just the right color for this combo - blue with black and silver accents. red or yellow might clash.
anyway, after driving a total of about 10 miles in the rain, it seems like a really super car. hard to keep it below 4000rpm. the owner's manual says for all engines, not just the V, to stay below 4000 rpm for 1500 miles. i wonder how much of that is really necessary?

#14 ·
The blue interior was not an option on the wagon. Gm told me not enough volume to cover the cost of setting up. The wagon has unique rear seat and door panels so can't just use sedan or coupe parts.
I wanted the blue interior just to add some color but I am not so sure the solid blue seats were the best designing decision. In my opinion they should have just used blue seat inserts, like with the saffron in coupe. But just my opinion

#15 ·
I must say I like it better in that light than before. As for the engine break-in, there are (no surprise) two schools of thought. Some say baby it, some say rip it up. If for nothing more than helping avoid rear diff issues later I'd make sure that you give it at least 500 miles. My thoughts...

#17 ·
That is a sharp car LOVE that color.

#19 ·
here is a final pic - got one in the sun with the phone camera. thanks for all the positive comments. the car is just a blast to drive, even while staying below 4000rpm for break-in. I think the stealth blue is pretty nice, and given that i have only seen one other CTS wagon ever, I doubt I will ever come across another stealth blue V wagon with manual trans. If anyone else out there has the same thing, let me know - we can make an owners association!

#24 ·
I really like that color and I am happy to see that you do too! Probably will never come across another you're right. Glad to see your dealership was cooperative (unlike some others I've read about) and I indeed agree that the silver calipers look totally phenomenal behind those black wheels. I love my silver calipers. Enjoy!

Oh and by the way, my opinion about the 1500 mile thing is that you should follow very closely up to that number and treat it like they suggest. Reason behind that is because the cylinder walls need time to "form a seal" with the piston rings, you'll have better compression (more power) and also the pistons have their own break in/settle time or they could warp shapes. Not sure about that or not but my mechanic friend told me that. I would at least believe the piston ring/seal reasoning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.