: Need tips please

odla
05-10-13, 06:03 PM
How do you guys get under the car to change the diff fluid? My car is on gc. Its to low for me to crawl under. I was thinking it would need to be on 4 jack stands so it will be level. I'm not sure how to do this. I've done two but never 4. Any tips? I've got stands and ramps. I did a search and only found that people have done it but don't say how.

Any help would be appreciated.

darkman
05-10-13, 06:28 PM
I put mine on ramps. For the rear I jack up the car and place the ramps underneath as opposed to driving onto the ramps as I do to work under the front. The car does not need to be absolutely level to change the differential fluid - you can just overfill it a bit and put the plug in before it spills out.

odthetruth
05-10-13, 08:31 PM
Put it up on stands. At the rears, there's little arrows that show where you can jack it up at. Start by doing the fronts with ebrake on, and then go to the rears. I normally drive up 2 ramps, and then put 2 jack stands in the back, but you may not be able to do that because of the GC clearance.

Either way, just make sure the diff is warmed up before you do it, and do it in a well ventilated area. The last time I changed diff fluid, it smelled like ass. LOL

I also found it easier to do with the rear wheels off the car.

odla
05-10-13, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys!

thebigjimsho
05-10-13, 11:14 PM
I just use ramps and back the V onto them. If you need it level, jack up the front after. I have a decently steep driveway, so I didn't need to...

odla
05-11-13, 08:34 PM
Got it done guys. Easy.

thebigjimsho
05-11-13, 11:49 PM
Indeed.