: 2007+ FWD EXT Purchase

Gndude
05-10-13, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking about a migration from a 2005 Tahoe 5.3 to a Escalade EXT, are the changes signifigant enough to recommend a upgrade? I like my Tahoe, but would like to get into a Escalade for the extra options/power. Been thinking about a trade/$ deal or just sell mine outright and buy on Craigslist. What items should I watching for - lifter issue, piston slap, leaks, air leaks - what else?

What price range for a 2007 with say 100k on it?

shore
05-10-13, 05:19 PM
$25k is a safe bet for an 07 with 100k

----------

I had an 05 escalade and these nnbs are totally a different vehicle.

adamjeeps
05-10-13, 11:55 PM
My advice is do not spend that much money on a used Cadillac without a good warranty, especially the first year of a new design,which was 2007.

That 25 large could quickly turn into a lot more if you buy somebody else's problems.

Banshee8732
05-11-13, 12:29 PM
My advice is do not spend that much money on a used Cadillac without a good warranty, especially the first year of a new design,which was 2007.

That 25 large could quickly turn into a lot more if you buy somebody else's problems.

+1. Here's what I've had replaced.

Headlight (top was hazy)
2 interior handles (peeling)
LR door latch (dome light wouldn't come on)
A pillar molding (fabric was lifting up)
RR axle (bent)

I have issues with my power seat not always working, engine ticking after a cold start, and an occasional hard shift from 2-3. These haven't been verified by the dealer because neither issue acts up when I take it in (naturally). I love my Escalade but I'm sure glad I have a warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 04:12 PM
+1. Here's what I've had replaced.

Headlight (top was hazy)
2 interior handles (peeling)
LR door latch (dome light wouldn't come on)
A pillar molding (fabric was lifting up)
RR axle (bent)

I have issues with my power seat not always working, engine ticking after a cold start, and an occasional hard shift from 2-3. These haven't been verified by the dealer because neither issue acts up when I take it in (naturally). I love my Escalade but I'm sure glad I have a warranty.

Hello Banshee8732,

I am sorry for these issues you have with your vehicle. I am happy to hear you do love your Escalade though! I think they are awesome as well :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

RichieRich
05-12-13, 07:43 PM
I have an 07 with 235,000 miles in it. Never rebuilt the motor, trans or rear. Runs strong as a bull. Take care of them and they are bullet proof. I change the oil every 2500-3000 with synthetic.

Hemmissey
05-12-13, 10:56 PM
I have an 07 with 235,000 miles in it. Never rebuilt the motor, trans or rear. Runs strong as a bull. Take care of them and they are bullet proof. I change the oil every 2500-3000 with synthetic.

That sir, is good to hear :-)

LowNslow
05-13-13, 10:11 AM

+1, I dont have anywhere near 235k but take care of the 6.2L & they should last forever. Honestly all the minor "stupid" issues with 07+ Escalades doesnt bother me. Lots of complaints about broken handles, peeling handles, dash crack, suspension, etc. I'll take a broken handle allllll day vs buying a Rover or BMW & having the thing turn ape shit crazy maintenance wise at 50k. I really do love my Esky, I know any air suspension will fail sooner or later...thats a given. Minor accessories will tarnish/crack over time. Engine rebuild, transmission replace, drivetrain are solid if taken care of.

I had a 07 335i coupe with 75k mi, a while back. That car was a piece of junk!!! Replaced entire trans 60k, replace BOTH turbos, water pump, about 10 gaskets due to a oil leak, coil packs, coolant tank, etc. Was a minor engine rebuild honestly & was one thing after another. NEVER will I buy another bmw, the shop I took it to had 3 other 335's while mine was there with same issues & near same mileage. If a dealer keeps 8 turbos in stock, that ought to tell ya something(the break alllll the time). Thats a nightmare, Cadillac now allows me to sleep at night. lol

Gndude
05-16-13, 10:55 PM
All good comments. Still debating if I want to dump 25K into one with 100K miles, my 05 Tahoe is at the same wear level - just thought it would be nice to get into a nicer ride. To me it seems like the expensive items like transmissions, engines are good but tons of other little items go bad on the Escalades. Still looking for the right one..

blackex
05-17-13, 07:37 AM
+1, I dont have anywhere near 235k but take care of the 6.2L & they should last forever. Honestly all the minor "stupid" issues with 07+ Escalades doesnt bother me. Lots of complaints about broken handles, peeling handles, dash crack, suspension, etc. I'll take a broken handle allllll day vs buying a Rover or BMW & having the thing turn ape shit crazy maintenance wise at 50k. I really do love my Esky, I know any air suspension will fail sooner or later...thats a given. Minor accessories will tarnish/crack over time. Engine rebuild, transmission replace, drivetrain are solid if taken care of.

I had a 07 335i coupe with 75k mi, a while back. That car was a piece of junk!!! Replaced entire trans 60k, replace BOTH turbos, water pump, about 10 gaskets due to a oil leak, coil packs, coolant tank, etc. Was a minor engine rebuild honestly & was one thing after another. NEVER will I buy another bmw, the shop I took it to had 3 other 335's while mine was there with same issues & near same mileage. If a dealer keeps 8 turbos in stock, that ought to tell ya something(the break alllll the time). Thats a nightmare, Cadillac now allows me to sleep at night. lol

Felt the same way when I got a deal on my 07'. I knew there was issues with the 07 and decided to take a chance anyways. Besides fixing the rear air shocks and compressor which is common on all escalades I really haven't had any issues that bother me besides the dreaded wind noise coming from the doors on the highway which I will hopefully have corrected when I have time to go to the dealer. Overall couldn't be happier and escalades definitely last if you take care of them. Parents have an 03' with well over 220k miles on it and it drives just as strong as ever with little maintenance.