: Radio Install.... NEed a few pointers

aggierichie
05-10-13, 04:28 PM
Hey Guys, I have read a ton of threads on here about aftermarket install but I ended up getting a smokin deal on an Appradio 2 and am just putting that in. I have everything and have installed a ton of radios before, but need a few pointers on the install if anyone can help out.

It wants me to "connect the parking break wire to the aftermarket radio." I would like to bypass this so that all my stuff doesn't stop working when i move. Should i just tap that wire into a constant power? Like the ignition to the radio?

Is there a way to tie the Microphone into the microphone for the Onstar? I bought the kit that allows onstar to stay active but would like to use the hidden mike if possible. I will not use onstar at all so if i need to disconnect it or just splice into it, that would be fine.

The Box that i bought off of ebay to restory RAP and Chimes provides a wire to "connect to the Reverse wire on teh App Radio" Does this mean that when i install a camera, it will detect when i put it into reverse? So, Is the reverse notification already wired into the Facctory console? If this is not the case what do i need to wire into to ensure the reverse camera will work?

heavymetals
05-10-13, 05:55 PM
The reverse light trigger is off the trans mounted switch which goes to the rear deck on the passenger side (light green wire).

The reverse light indicator is driven by Class II info as is the passenger mirror.

Scott2012
05-10-13, 10:53 PM
Here's what you need for the parking brake bypass:

http://www.amazon.com/Override-Automatic-AppRadio2-SPH-DA100-APPRADIO/dp/B008NQL00W

I'd use the microphone that comes with the unit- it's small, wire up to the rear view mirror, it'll work we'll there and about out of sight.

mackey
05-11-13, 04:30 AM
It wants me to "connect the parking break wire to the aftermarket radio." I would like to bypass this so that all my stuff doesn't stop working when i move. Should i just tap that wire into a constant power? Like the ignition to the radio? if it's like the parrot asteroid smart, just ground the parking brake wire.

aggierichie
05-11-13, 11:28 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the help! Doing it tonight and will have it done soon.

bjazz69
05-13-13, 06:09 PM
You can use a relay that is triggered off the remote output of the radio to bypass the brake sensor