: Automatic Car Wash Bad For XTS

Caddy Daddy.com
05-10-13, 04:02 PM
I'm now told by my dealer that Cadillac says some high pressure car washes can harm my car and they don't want there cars going through them as it knocks out electronics. More info soon as my car is out of service. Now entering it's 4th day at the service department. DADDY

nstar
05-10-13, 07:38 PM
The XTS may only be able to be driven in Arizona or other dry climate areas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

Caddy Daddy.com
05-10-13, 08:45 PM
The XTS may only be able to be driven in Arizona or other dry climate areas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

There working on my 4 page list. I must admit I used font size 14. DADDY

----------

I'm now told by my dealer that Cadillac says some high pressure car washes can harm my car and they don't want there cars going through them as it knocks out electronics. More info soon as my car is out of service. Now entering it's 4th day at the service department. DADDY

Update. Cadillac says some car wash systems with high pressure washers that are closer than 30 CM or 12 inches from the surface of the vehicle , with power exceeding 1200 PSI can result in damage or removal of paint and or decals. DADDY

DG2
05-12-13, 11:59 PM
There working on my 4 page list. I must admit I used font size 14. DADDY

----------

Update. Cadillac says some car wash systems with high pressure washers that are closer than 30 CM or 12 inches from the surface of the vehicle , with power exceeding 1200 PSI can result in damage or removal of paint and or decals. DADDY

Decals ?

Caddy Daddy.com
05-13-13, 12:39 AM
Decals ?

I know. I think some of what they GM says does not make sense. Parked under a tree today and sap. Must get my car had washed till GM figures out why some of my electronics gets wiped out after going through the automatic car wash. DADDY

pkadanec
05-13-13, 09:27 AM
OMG, seriously? I have paint issues as well, but I can tell you it is not from washing the car it is from crappy quality paint and non-existent quality control.... Next they will tell us that we can only get fuel on Tuesdays....

Caddy Daddy.com
05-13-13, 02:31 PM
OMG, seriously? I have paint issues as well, but I can tell you it is not from washing the car it is from crappy quality paint and non-existent quality control.... Next they will tell us that we can only get fuel on Tuesdays....

Had it hand washed today. Knocked out my speed limit information sign again. Who knows when my adoptive cruise will not work again. DADDY

TimTown
05-21-13, 08:59 PM
The head of the Butts service dept in Monterey doesn't know anything about this - not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

Caddy Daddy.com
05-21-13, 09:13 PM
The head of the Butts service dept in Monterey doesn't know anything about this - not sure if this is a good or bad sign.

Hope they get it this time. One should have thought they would have checked it after being washed and I'm sure not going to have a car that leeks in a low pressure wash. More concerned about it knocking out my adoptive cruise twice. DADDY

Caddy Daddy.com
05-25-13, 12:00 AM
Hope they get it this time. One should have thought they would have checked it after being washed and I'm sure not going to have a car that leeks in a low pressure wash. More concerned about it knocking out my adoptive cruise twice. DADDY

Turns out that with the heads up display water making my speed sign go away was not the problem. The owner of the car wash let myself and a Cadillac tech sit in the car as it went through the automatic car wash. All was good until the interior was cleaned. Nothing other than a damp rag is used. When wiping down the HUD it knocked off my speed limit sign function. It took about 20 minutes for it to work again. Cadillac and the dealer have no solution at this time. Still have not figured out why my adoptive cruise control gave me an not available at this time for 24 hours after going through the automatic car wash. DADDY