: Iphone 5 adaptor

ShawneeJohn
05-09-13, 03:51 PM
Will an 8 to 30 pin adapter allow me to listen to Pandora from my Iphone 5 with the Ipod connection cable? This is on a 2011 coupe.

Pdabs
05-09-13, 04:25 PM
Can't answer that question but...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10827&cs_id=1082704&p_id=7364&seq=1&format=2

Bluetooth music receiver. Plays music via Bluetooth. It as been about 3 months maybe longer I'm very happy with it. Bluetooth connects automatically. I have aux/usb connections in the armrest so everything is neatly hidden.
If you don't have an aux input then this box is not for you. If you don't have a USB input then you'd have to run a cable to front where the cigarette lighter is located for power. So it wouldn't look very clean.

OMG
05-10-13, 12:50 PM
Can't answer that question but...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10827&cs_id=1082704&p_id=7364&seq=1&format=2

Bluetooth music receiver. Plays music via Bluetooth. It as been about 3 months maybe longer I'm very happy with it. Bluetooth connects automatically. I have aux/usb connections in the armrest so everything is neatly hidden.
If you don't have an aux input then this box is not for you. If you don't have a USB input then you'd have to run a cable to front where the cigarette lighter is located for power. So it wouldn't look very clean.

I have the USB and AUX inputs but there is also a second cig lighter in my glove box right next to that. I would think this is standard on all of them no?

mkelch
05-14-13, 10:06 AM
Will an 8 to 30 pin adapter allow me to listen to Pandora from my Iphone 5 with the Ipod connection cable? This is on a 2011 coupe.

You need to get the Thunderbolt-to-ipod-connector thingie from Apple, around $25. You connect this adaptor to your ipod connector cable that came with your coupe, then snap the iphone 5 onto the exposed Thunderbolt connector on the adaptor.

With this setup, anything that is playing on your phone will be played on your sound system and the contents will display on your radio display screen.

If you use Bluetooth instead, I don't believe you would get the informational display on the radio screen.

I have a 2011 coupe, and it works great for me...also charges your phone while connected.

ShawneeJohn
05-14-13, 05:03 PM
Thanks for info.I purchased adapter,and it works as described above.I got the one without the cable though and it makes Iphone pretty long.I should probably get adapter with cable in middle so I can close console cover.

mkelch
05-14-13, 08:45 PM
I know...it is a pretty tight fit getting the iPhone and the adaptor AND the cable to slide into the console, but mine just barely fits in so all is well. It does take a little more effort but I DO really like the new Thunderbolt connector so it does not matter which side of the connector you insert into the iPhone. Either way, it just works.

ajazolino
05-14-13, 09:03 PM
Lightning connector. Not thunderbolt. Lol

mkelch
05-14-13, 09:03 PM
Of course!!! I got my storm terminology mixed up.