: Busted...

ShadowLvr400
01-12-05, 01:54 AM
102 in a 55 zone. $302.50. Whooops :P

illumina
01-12-05, 01:57 AM
102 in a 55 zone. $302.50. Whooops :P

no jail time?

well, i hope you have learned your lesson young man. next time, look in the rear view mirror :D.

that said, i have no right to laugh: i was busted for speeding right in front of a doughnut shop :helpless:

Ralph
01-12-05, 02:00 AM
Worse I ever got was a 115 in a 70 (kms) and it was a 125 buck fine. The guy beside me was going faster but because I was on the side where the police were pulling people over, he got away and I was the lucky one! :rolleyes:

klebrun
01-12-05, 03:00 AM
85 in a 55 for me. Not bad compared to a lot of others, except that I almost hit a Missouri trooper in the process. They had one sitting at the top of a bridge with radar, and he would radio to a few sitting just around the turn of the highway what color, make, lane, and speed. I came barreling around that curve in my 1969 Sedan Deville and there he was, a Missouri Trooper standing right smack in the middle of my lane with his hat tipped down forward and his hand out. My ***hole sucked up about 6 inches of seat! I couldn't believe how stupid that was. I'll be the first to admit that I was driving dangerous and being stupid and deserved the ticket, but putting troopers in the middle of a lane with speeding traffic was the most assanine thing I had ever seen. If you ever watch "The Cannonball Run", check out the scene with Sammy and Dean getting stopped and you'll know what I'm talking about.

davesdeville
01-12-05, 03:09 AM
I wonder what a 155 in a 50 would get me.. Ah doesn't matter the road I'm planning this on will be checked for cops by a forward vehicle in radio contact for the duration of the run.

ShadowLvr400
01-12-05, 03:19 AM
It wasnt too bad. But still stinks. And lesson? bah. I just want my Valentine 1 again.

danbuc
01-12-05, 03:30 AM
klebrun , I got you beat by 1mph. 86 in a 55. On the New Jersey Turnpike none the less. This one is $220. :suspense: . I gotta lay off the gas pedal. :D . I wouldn't have gotten the ticket, had the batteries not died as I went around hte turn under the overpass.

Playdrv4me
01-12-05, 06:14 AM
120/55... fortunately, there wasnt shit out there, including cops.

RBraczyk
01-12-05, 06:56 AM
Never been pulled over, but my fastest is 145 in a 65.

AirJigga25
01-12-05, 09:56 AM
138 in a 65... but I've only been caught at 97 in a 65 way back in 99. ha! :lildevil:

daacon
01-12-05, 10:07 AM
Most recent I was only doing 47kph .......unfortunatley it was a school zone (but a freeking high school those kids are limber !! (30kph) .....hit with $120.00 , forturnatley it was Photo Radar - no points - just cash ....

"fastest" ticket I suppose 130kph in a 110kph zone - Plane Radar - even made the comment look at the Cesna flying back and forth back and forth :banghead: - It was in Topaz suppose I deserved it just for driving that POS :rolleyes2

Guilty as charged on all accounts ......

D148L0
01-12-05, 11:11 AM
that said, i have no right to laugh: i was busted for speeding right in front of a doughnut shop :helpless:
:histeric:

D148L0
01-12-05, 11:17 AM
...but putting troopers in the middle of a lane with speeding traffic was the most assanine thing I had ever seen.
Good story!
Anyway, now in DC news there is the tale of this pentagon trooper that was run over by a guy in a stolen CADDY. The officer stooded in front of the car with his hand out with obvious results. With all the media frenzy, he'll most likely will be given a "hero" treatment, when he was just plain stupid.

LacSeville
01-12-05, 12:40 PM
Shadow... Isn't 25 over wreckless driving? He must have been feeling nice, because that plenty reason enough to stick you in the squad car and tow yours! Maybe that's just in AR?! Dayamn son, that Fleet musta been floating!!

turbojimmy
01-12-05, 12:59 PM
Shadow... Isn't 25 over wreckless driving? He must have been feeling nice, because that plenty reason enough to stick you in the squad car and tow yours! Maybe that's just in AR?! Dayamn son, that Fleet musta been floating!!

In NJ, wreckless is 5 points but you also get 5 points for going more than 30 over the limit. A judge will often suspend your license for a 5-point infraction. I had to appear before a judge on a 75 in a 45 ticket last year. My lawyer got the prosecuter to whack it down to a no-point "unsafe operation" fine. The judge wasn't happy, but he wasn't about to take it up with the prosecuter publicly.

Always go to court to plead your case. On a 102 in a 55 I'd imagine a court appearance is mandatory anyway. If you get a lawyer that specializes in traffic infractions chances are he knows the prosecuters and judges. They do each other little favors here and there.

Jim

Stoneage_Caddy
01-12-05, 01:20 PM
slowing down from 140 in a 55 ..busted at 105 ...cop knew i was doing 140 but couldnt prove it ..could only prove 105 ....

Judge asked "whyd you do it" ...simple reply ..."we all do dumb stuff when we were kids"....Judge said "yup i had a 66 GTO"

41 hours community service , traffic school , no points

MEJIA
01-12-05, 02:07 PM
In the toll road back from Mcallen TX, I got busted by the Mexican State Troopers, these mexican law enforcement agency is really feared, due to the fact that they are the best funded and are pretty well known for not being corrupt (these guys drive American Crown Victorias police spec) so I was doing 110mph in a 60mph zone. He was writing a ticket to someone else when I passed doing 110 mph, I immediately slowed down but 3 mins later he was flashing lights behind me DAMMN, so I pull over, he writes me the ticket takes my registration away, and 3 days later I go to the Department of Transportation to pay my fine. $30 dlls. :thumbsup:

The thing is they are not that hard passenger vehicles, but the DOT focuses on cargo vehicles, I know that for having a tiny lightbulb off in a semi they can fine him with up to $150dlls.

Well that is my experience, eventhough my ticket came cheap it is an unnecessary waste of time.

D148L0
01-12-05, 03:59 PM
In the toll road back from Mcallen TX, I got busted by the Mexican State Troopers, these mexican law enforcement agency is really feared, due to the fact that they are the best funded and are pretty well known for not being corrupt
Also better trained than other corporations. Probably the best enforcement corp in Mexico.

Rolex
01-12-05, 04:30 PM
My worst ticket was 90 in a 55. The fastest I've ever driven was 148 in a 55 in my wife's old car. I'm not sure I would've stopped if I had been gunned at that speed.

Ralph
01-12-05, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure I would've stopped if I had been gunned at that speed.

You can't beat the radio Bud. :tisk: :D

davesdeville
01-12-05, 07:30 PM
That's when you pull off park in front of someones house or nearby building, get the car cover out from your trunk put it on and pray.

ShadowLvr400
01-13-05, 01:10 AM
Always go to court to plead your case. On a 102 in a 55 I'd imagine a court appearance is mandatory anyway. If you get a lawyer that specializes in traffic infractions chances are he knows the prosecuters and judges. They do each other little favors here and there.

Jim

Actually, all I have to do is the class. That's a no contest plea, adjudication (points) withheld, a discount on the fine, and the class. Seems easier than even going to the court deal. (Not mandatory. The cop saw I had total control.)

Sinister Angel
01-13-05, 01:44 AM
You can't beat the radio Bud. :tisk: :D

If you can find an exit before another cop does, you can :D

Spock
01-13-05, 01:52 AM
When my dad and I were driving back from Ontario we were busted in Sask for doing 140+kph in a 100 zone. Now for those of us who've been in Sask...it's flat and you can see for quite sometime. The ONLY place where there was a tree a cop was hiding.

We were in a 1981 Impala StationWagon, and I think we could have pulled the "Well my speedometer doesn't go that high!" defense lol.

The only time to see if that ol' girls still got it, we ending up getting it :(

Ralph
01-13-05, 01:59 AM
If you can find an exit before another cop does, you can :D

I remember a long time ago in my hometown, we saw this motorcycle running from the RCMP down mainstreet. The bike turned off right in front of us to go down another side street. By the time the police turned and saw how far away up the hill the bike was, he actually shut the siren/lights off and slowed down! He actually gave up, and I thought they could radio ahead, etc?!

Another story, just last year in the summer my fiance and I go for a walk every early evening, and there was a white 5.0 L coupe running from the RCMP right past us! The police couldn't do a thing as the Mustang went up and down the same streets, then down the alley, then repeat, then down the next street, the alley, etc! He would NOT give up and the cops couldn't stop him! That Mustang was loud and he probably could have hit us if he lost control. I know that he got away because when we walked down the next block, the police were parked, so I asked him what happened, "did you guys get him?" He firmly responded with a "NO!"

danbuc
01-13-05, 03:39 AM
You have to remember that if you fly by a cop at 140 and don't slow down, they'll have to do about 180 to catch up to you. This is why most probably won't bother. Most people going this fast will tend to slow down out of fear of being caught, when this is usually the decidng factor of whether or not the cop will be able to pull you over.

When I got my ticket for 86 in a 55, the cop was "nice" and lowered it to 84 in 55. That 24mph over instead of 26. It's a big difference in money and points. I set up a court date to speek with the judge and police officer about point reduction. I did this with the first ticket I had and had the point removed from my license. Since it was out of state, only half transfered from NJ to NY onto my license. The others went to insurance. They removed the License points, and I took a course to remove the insurance point also.

I always recommend setting up a court date for any speeding ticket. It shows that you are willing to take responsability for your actions, and it also give you a chance to explain yourself. In most cases, since they give tickets to make money, the will make you pay the fine, but remove at least half if not all the points.

Playdrv4me
01-13-05, 04:27 AM
Ive had an idea to build a trick LCD License Plate cover, that would look like a normal license plate cover when in everyday use, but could be switched to an "opaque" mode INSTANTLY with a switch in the car, much like the bathroom shower windows in many new homes these days. Because obviously, you can fly by doing 150, but if they get your license plate number it doesnt matter how far you get, itll catch up to you eventually.

Tonight there was a story on Inside Edition about some cops that were chasing a guy through neighborhood streets and highways at over 80mph because they THOUGHT he stole a car and had a female victim inside the car. Well, cop keeps rolling through intersections like a wreckless a*sshole, and slams T-Bone style right into two poor girls that were driving through the intersection. Luckily, they both lived, but the one girl on the passenger side may never be able to walk or have children again. I was absolutely ASTONISHED that the girl survived the impact. They are making examples out of these two guys and for the first time EVER are charging them with criminal wreckless driving. So in the end, two cops are on trial, two girls were badly injured, could have been killed, and craziest of all, the guy who originally ran, hasnt gotten a single charge against him. Oh, and the girl that was with him was his friend.

klebrun
01-13-05, 07:02 AM
Ive had an idea to build a trick LCD License Plate cover, that would look like a normal license plate cover when in everyday use, but could be switched to an "opaque" mode INSTANTLY with a switch in the car, much like the bathroom shower windows in many new homes these days. Because obviously, you can fly by doing 150, but if they get your license plate number it doesnt matter how far you get, itll catch up to you eventually.

Tonight there was a story on Inside Edition about some cops that were chasing a guy through neighborhood streets and highways at over 80mph because they THOUGHT he stole a car and had a female victim inside the car. Well, cop keeps rolling through intersections like a wreckless a*sshole, and slams T-Bone style right into two poor girls that were driving through the intersection. Luckily, they both lived, but the one girl on the passenger side may never be able to walk or have children again. I was absolutely ASTONISHED that the girl survived the impact. They are making examples out of these two guys and for the first time EVER are charging them with criminal wreckless driving. So in the end, two cops are on trial, two girls were badly injured, could have been killed, and craziest of all, the guy who originally ran, hasnt gotten a single charge against him. Oh, and the girl that was with him was his friend.

It's funny you should bring that Inside Edition story up because that happened about four miles away from where I live. I live in Overland Park, KS (Johnson County) which is a suburban neighborhood a few miles southwest of Kansas City, Mo. That's been all over the news in this area. The officers involved were two Grandview Missouri police officers that crossed the state line into Leawood Kansas chasing the suspect. Johnson County DA Paul Morrison is the one charging the two officers. One of the problems is that these two cities sit across the state line just a few miles from each other and as far as I know, there is no uniform chase policy between all of the cities and counties in this area. Grandview has stated that the officers followed departmental policy, while DA Morrison says the officers were being wreckless by failing to follow Kansas law which requires emergency vehicles to slow or stop at intersections to make sure traffic is clear.

I normally strongly support a police department's right to chase suspects, but in this case, after seeing the video, I feel the Grandview officers were indeed wreckless. The area they were in is well known throughout the metro to be very busy on Friday and Saturday nights (accident happened at 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov 5th). The girl's view was obstructed by traffic, and she had the green light. The officers never even slowed down.

I will start a new thread entitled "Police Chases...For or Against" in this section so that we don't hijack this thread and will also include a video link.

New thread with video link...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=226898#post226898

klebrun
01-13-05, 09:23 AM
Good story!
Anyway, now in DC news there is the tale of this pentagon trooper that was run over by a guy in a stolen CADDY. The officer stooded in front of the car with his hand out with obvious results. With all the media frenzy, he'll most likely will be given a "hero" treatment, when he was just plain stupid.

That sounds like a pretty sticky issue. I wonder if he is going to be charged with assault, or something similar, as well?

That's what has always scared me when I travel through Missouri. I am a law abiding citizen (other than the occasional 10 or 15 mph over), but you know how it goes. You're in traffic with a posted 70 mph speed limit...most people are doing about 80 or 85 mph, so you go with the flow, mainly to keep from getting run over. To suddenly see any pedestrian, police officer or whoever, standing in the middle of the highway, even if you're doing the posted speed limit, I think is asking for trouble. I've wondered if I were to accidentally hit an officer, and depending on whether he lived or died, would I be charged with assault or involuntary vehicular manslaughter because of this wreckless procedure? Normal police procedure would dictate pulling behind a speeder in a patrol car and lighting them up. How many people would expect to see a person standing in the middle of the highway to pull them over? Those are unusual circumstances that the average Joe wouldn't expect. Not to mention that it unnecessarily puts an officer's life in jeopardy. Police are trained to diffuse a situation, not to add risk to it. But do you think any police department that does this is going to admit that it adds risk to the situation and put a stop to it?

I can understand that if I was running from the law, or driving extremely dangerous and lost control of my vehicle or purposely hit an officer in the process...then you bet I should be held accountable. In that position, I would be putting the officers at undue risk. But for simple traffic enforcement, troopers and police officers standing in the middle of highway traffic to stop a vehicle is they putting themselves at risk.

In my case, I hadn't established that I was going to run from the police. I would have pulled over if they had lit me up. That's what has always confused me about this procedure. If you clock a speeder, and you attempt to pull him over in a patrol car, one of two things is going to happen. He is either going to pull over or he's going to run. If he pulls over, fine. But if he runs, would you really want an officer to physically get in front of a fleeing vehicle that has now established that he has no regard for police authority?

I'm not justifying speeding. I have the utmost respect for the police. If I get caught speeding, then that's on me, I don't give them any grief. But I see no advantage in standing in the middle of a highway to stop a speeder over using a patrol car or other means. There are many ways to stop a speeder. Putting a human body in front of a speeding vehicle is not one of them.

D148L0
01-13-05, 11:47 AM
That sounds like a pretty sticky issue. I wonder if he is going to be charged with assault, or something similar, as well?

That's what has always scared me when I travel through Missouri. I am a law abiding citizen (other than the occasional 10 or 15 mph over), but you know how it goes. You're in traffic with a posted 70 mph speed limit...most people are doing about 80 or 85 mph, so you go with the flow, mainly to keep from getting run over. To suddenly see any pedestrian, police officer or whoever, standing in the middle of the highway, even if you're doing the posted speed limit, I think is asking for trouble. I've wondered if I were to accidentally hit an officer, and depending on whether he lived or died, would I be charged with assault or involuntary vehicular manslaughter because of this wreckless procedure? Normal police procedure would dictate pulling behind a speeder in a patrol car and lighting them up. How many people would expect to see a person standing in the middle of the highway to pull them over? Those are unusual circumstances that the average Joe wouldn't expect. Not to mention that it unnecessarily puts an officer's life in jeopardy. Police are trained to diffuse a situation, not to add risk to it. But do you think any police department that does this is going to admit that it adds risk to the situation and put a stop to it?

I can understand that if I was running from the law, or driving extremely dangerous and lost control of my vehicle or purposely hit an officer in the process...then you bet I should be held accountable. In that position, I would be putting the officers at undue risk. But for simple traffic enforcement, troopers and police officers standing in the middle of highway traffic to stop a vehicle is they putting themselves at risk.

In my case, I hadn't established that I was going to run from the police. I would have pulled over if they had lit me up. That's what has always confused me about this procedure. If you clock a speeder, and you attempt to pull him over in a patrol car, one of two things is going to happen. He is either going to pull over or he's going to run. If he pulls over, fine. But if he runs, would you really want an officer to physically get in front of a fleeing vehicle that has now established that he has no regard for police authority?

I'm not justifying speeding. I have the utmost respect for the police. If I get caught speeding, then that's on me, I don't give them any grief. But I see no advantage in standing in the middle of a highway to stop a speeder over using a patrol car or other means. There are many ways to stop a speeder. Putting a human body in front of a speeding vehicle is not one of them.
I agree with all of the above.
How is this going to end? I suppose it's up to the influence of the media, as always. That sucks.

HotRodSaint
01-13-05, 11:58 AM
slowing down from 140 in a 55 ..busted at 105 ...cop knew i was doing 140 but couldnt prove it ..could only prove 105 ....

I was caught doing 110 uphill in a '76 VW Rabbit. The cop knew I was going over 100, but wrote me up for 95.

I almost got caught on the way to Las Vegas. I was up to 138mph and was coming back down, when I looked to my left and saw a CHP staring at me shaking his head. And that was it, he turned around! :halo:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-13-05, 01:09 PM
110 up hill in a rabbit ?????

by he way the 140 was in that G20 i had ....I verified the lame 108 speed limiter in the caddy once ....

HotRodSaint
01-13-05, 01:28 PM
110 up hill in a rabbit ?????

That was my first car, and the one of the worst years to own for reliability.

But it sure was fun to drive. I haven't lifted the inside rear wheel in a turn on any other car since then, no matter how hard I tried. And I've tried! :lildevil:

I'd like to find a US 1st Gen GTI one day as a second or third car.

But Rabbits are rarer than Bugs now days. And forget about finding a 1st gen Scirrocco, a VW Thing is in more supply.

Maybe the early water cooled VW's were all junk? :hmm:

Rolex
01-13-05, 06:12 PM
A college buddy of mine passed an Arkansas trooper doing 140 in a 55. The trooper flipped on him and turned his blue lights on, and my buddy finally got stopped about a mile and 1/2 down the road. When the cop caught up he told my buddy that if he hadn't stopped he'd have never caught him. The top speed on those Grand Marquis (sp) is only 125. This was in a more rural area....much the same kind of area I was in doing 147 in my wife's old car. One trooper may be the only cop for miles.

SHERIFF
01-13-05, 06:57 PM
Estimated 152 in a 70 mph zone. Estimated because the speedometer stopped at 140. But, I was driving a police car. :D

illumina
01-13-05, 09:17 PM
can't outrun the motorolla folks...at least not all of the time.

davesdeville
01-13-05, 10:39 PM
http://www.gryeyes.com/breakroom/images/abqchopper1.jpg
Hard to outrun one of these. Not impossible but with any traffic 150mph isn't easy.

Adam
01-13-05, 10:41 PM
well, i havent been pulled over for speeding (knock on wood) but i have been pulled over numerous times for driving a lowrider. damn racist cops. i wasnt even doing anything, just driving.

HotRodSaint
01-13-05, 11:03 PM
http://www.gryeyes.com/breakroom/images/abqchopper1.jpg
Hard to outrun one of these. Not impossible but with any traffic 150mph isn't easy.

A long stretch of highway for a good head start, followed by a twisting high mountain road would do the trick! :lildevil:

davesdeville
01-14-05, 12:47 AM
The twisting mountain road would let the helicopter catch up. Better hope you're on a really long and straight-as-an-arrow road and your limiter's over 150. Any curve and they'll cut through it and stay right on top of you.

Spock
01-14-05, 12:49 AM
A long stretch of highway for a good head start, followed by a twisting high mountain road would do the trick! :lildevil:

Or a nice Aston Martin with all the extra options...

Tractor Boy
01-14-05, 01:25 AM
naw, you got it all wrong there Spot, I got pulled over in my Stang for 130 in a 50, got lucky, local cop, no ticket, no fines, no points

HotRodSaint
01-14-05, 01:46 AM
The twisting mountain road would let the helicopter catch up. Better hope you're on a really long and straight-as-an-arrow road and your limiter's over 150. Any curve and they'll cut through it and stay right on top of you.

True. But if the chase was long enough, they would need to be a refueled.

And the twisties are really to outdrive the police cruisers anyway.

I was hoping that high altitude and fuel consumption would have dropped the helicopter. And the stolen airplane on the otherside of the mountain is to get me far enough away to switch vehicles and drive back home! :lildevil:

I watch too many movies. :bonkers:

I used to love the old show To Catch a Theif. :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 01:47 AM
That was my first car, and the one of the worst years to own for reliability.

But it sure was fun to drive. I haven't lifted the inside rear wheel in a turn on any other car since then, no matter how hard I tried. And I've tried! :lildevil:

I'd like to find a US 1st Gen GTI one day as a second or third car.

But Rabbits are rarer than Bugs now days. And forget about finding a 1st gen Scirrocco, a VW Thing is in more supply.

Maybe the early water cooled VW's were all junk? :hmm:

i can vouch for 3 youll never own , i persoanlly was part of the process of turning them into racecars for the SCCA IT-3 class

I leanred how to port and polish on an 8v sciracco head .....ahh thoses were the headdy days of my youth .....most people spent friday night with there girls .....me ....i was doing racecars with my boss after my other job working on brittish cars ...working 2 jobs at once will never be as much fun

HotRodSaint
01-14-05, 01:48 AM

Yea, an oil slick for that crucial apex! :devil:

Ok, maybe I also watched too much Speed Racer too. :p

HotRodSaint
01-14-05, 01:51 AM
i can vouch for 3 youll never own , i persoanlly was part of the process of turning them into racecars for the SCCA IT-3 class

That's what I really want, is some form of low cost club racer. But for street and Autocross.

I'm actually considering a Miata. I'd like to strip it of all of it's non-essentials, like carpet! ;)

klebrun
01-14-05, 10:44 AM

And a post-chase bottle of Dom Perignon '53 chilled below a temperature of 38 degrees Farenheight.

http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/Stories/1407-1.shtml

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 01:58 PM
That's what I really want, is some form of low cost club racer. But for street and Autocross.

I'm actually considering a Miata. I'd like to strip it of all of it's non-essentials, like carpet! ;)

call me crazy but ive been wanting a 89-90 miata , and install what should have been in it from day 1 ....the 13b turbo from the 1990 RX7 ....the later 13bs made a bit too much power for the miata , would upset its balance ...but the 6 speed out of the 99+ cars would be a welcome addition ..oh and like you said ...NO NOTHING !!!! hell id even get rid of the vert top and side windows to save weight ....who needs a water tight interior when it doesnt have carpet or stock seats ? plus at 55 mph water doesnt fly inside in rainstorms

One of the few cars in the world that you can leave the shifter assembly alone and never ask for beatter....they only more satisfying tranny is the m21 muncie with detroit iron hangin on its imput shaft

CoupeDevilleRob
01-14-05, 02:57 PM
My friend just got busted doing 86 in a 45. His defense is there were no speed limit signs. My response was where in the world beside Germany is it legal to go 86. I got no response. He is screwed, even if he gets to keep his license his insurance company is going to rape him.

MEJIA
01-14-05, 03:20 PM
And a post-chase bottle of Dom Perignon '53 chilled below a temperature of 38 degrees Farenheight.

http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/Stories/1407-1.shtml

After such a chase, you deserve some fine champagne......

davesdeville
01-16-05, 05:42 PM
Last night my friend got pulled over doing 84 in a 65, officer marked it down as 75, $60 ticket, he's taking it to court so at least the city doesn't make money off tickets. Good thing I hollered for him to slow down when I saw the cop, could've been doing about 90 otherwise.

D148L0
01-16-05, 08:25 PM
Last night my friend got pulled over doing 84 in a 65, officer marked it down as 75, $60 ticket, he's taking it to court so at least the city doesn't make money off tickets. Good thing I hollered for him to slow down when I saw the cop, could've been doing about 90 otherwise.
He was doing 84 in a 65.
The officer was nice enough to mark it down to 75.
And your friend is taking it to court? :annoyed:

That is low. You break the law and get caught? Take your medicine like a man.

davesdeville
01-16-05, 08:31 PM
Taking it to court is taking your medicine like a man, it would be easier to just pay the $60 and get it over with but thats not the route he chose to go. The officer wasn't actually doing any favors by marking it to 75, he was just trying to make us think he was. The ticket would've been the same in the 10-20 over bracket. I don't think he likes the idea of giving the city money through tickets, that would encourage them to write more tickets. It's like the red light cameras, they just put 2 in to see how it goes, people are making sure they don't run those lights to keep the city from installing one at every light and stop sign because it will make them money.

Tractor Boy
01-16-05, 08:34 PM
I just got busted to day in the PIMPillac, 72 in a 50, he knows I am leavin for boot camp and wont be around to fight it, so he tagged me

HotRodSaint
01-17-05, 12:40 PM
hell id even get rid of the vert top and side windows to save weight ....

I thought of removing the top too. But I'd leave the windows since I want it to be street legal. I would also be running a hard top to stiffen the body.

The '94-'95 Miata R package is what I'm looking for. Tighter suspension, limited slip diff, no a/c and no power steering with manual windows make it a good starting point.

Rolex
01-17-05, 06:12 PM

That cop is being a nice guy. Had he written a ticket for 85 in a 65 it would probably be a "must appear in court" ticket. The cop cut your friend a break. The Missouri trooper who wrote me a ticket a few years back did the same thing for me. I paid the ticket and considered myself lucky to have been stopped by a cool cop.:yup:

Tractor Boy
01-17-05, 06:15 PM
yeah, cuz there aint many like that, <what he said>:)

D148L0
01-17-05, 06:53 PM
That cop is being a nice guy. Had he written a ticket for 85 in a 65 it would probably be a "must appear in court" ticket. The cop cut your friend a break. The Missouri trooper who wrote me a ticket a few years back did the same thing for me. I paid the ticket and considered myself lucky to have been stopped by a cool cop.:yup:
This is what I'm talking about. Be a man and pay your ticket.

Ralph
01-17-05, 06:59 PM
I don't think he likes the idea of giving the city money through tickets, that would encourage them to write more tickets.

I don't understand this logic.

City revenue allows for city garbage pick-up, parks maintenance. snow removal, parking meter revenue helps support city workers keeps the city clean. Since I heard that garbage removal is a private affair in the U.S., what does your city use the extra revenue for and why is your friend so against this?? I mean, you are practically paying NOTHING for taxes as it is, and he is "up in arms" about it??!! :annoyed:

I agree, pay the damn ticket, who needs the hastle and he is just wasting City resources and time. This is how lawyers get rich and everyone complains about it. People fight everything and do not accept punnishment for act.

That cop was probably being nice because he could have towed the car away!

Tractor Boy
01-17-05, 08:56 PM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Git em, Ralph! He has got a point, its stupid to fight somethin like that, you should reallychoose your friends a littl more wisely also, friends like that usually get you in trouble. Just my advice, but really think about who your friends are.

davesdeville
01-18-05, 12:40 AM

Thing is... IT WAS 84. Cops can't increase the ****ing speed :annoyed: . The cop didn't do shit for us, the ticket is the SAME fine at 84 as 75.

We pay for garbage pickup, Ralph. No snow. A cop can not have your car towed for a 10-20 over speeding violation, I don't know what the **** Canada does but that doesn't fly down here. Maybe for wreckless driving, definately for DWI, but not for speeding.

I agree with his decision to fight it. I don't want the city to think "hey this is a good way to make money, lets get all our cops to sit there radaring people until they meet a rediculously high quota so we can make money we can embezzle."

davesdeville
01-18-05, 12:42 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Git em, Ralph! He has got a point, its stupid to fight somethin like that, you should reallychoose your friends a littl more wisely also, friends like that usually get you in trouble. Just my advice, but really think about who your friends are.

You're one of those holier than thou mother****ers aren't you. **** off, you don't know my friends or me, judge yourself before you tell me who to hang out with. Since there's no big middle finger emoticon I'll use these 2. :mad: :annoyed:

Ralph
01-18-05, 01:05 AM
We pay for garbage pickup, Ralph. No snow. A cop can not have your car towed for a 10-20 over speeding violation, I don't know what the **** Canada does but that doesn't fly down here. Maybe for wreckless driving, definately for DWI, but not for speeding.

You're right, they don't normally tow for speeding, but if you give them attitude or have been drinking, etc. Or if someone was being difficult with the cop, THEN they COULD tow it. They could also tow it if they think you are a danger on the street/highway. "Public safety" is there excuse. I thought maybe your buddy threw some beer bottles at the cops while speeding or something? :lildevil: :shhh:

One thing that bothers me though is occasionally they raise the price for parking and the city workers get an unnecessary raise every year when they alreeady make over $60,000 per year or more.

davesdeville
01-18-05, 02:35 AM
If we had been drinking... well that's DWI like I said they'll arrest you real good for that, New Mexico has had a big DWI problem so our laws are getting a lot tougher. They'll only tow it if the person is being so unruly that they get arrested or they'll have you move it if it's in the street. We were on Interstate 40 but we got off at the next exit and pulled into a parking lot.

klebrun
01-18-05, 10:28 AM
You're one of those holier than thou mother****ers aren't you. **** off, you don't know my friends or me, judge yourself before you tell me who to hang out with. Since there's no big middle finger emoticon I'll use these 2. :mad: :annoyed:

Dave, some friendly advice. Judge yourself before you go giving out that advice. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28620 You had no problem judging those you don't know as being nerds because they like something you don't.

As for holier than thou ,you and your friend are acting like the poster children for that attitude when you get caught speeding and want to blame it on the police and the court system for some reason. Are you and your friend above the rest of us for getting tickets for speeding? Fighting it isn't taking it like a man, unless your friend was wrongly accused. Fighting it when you've been flat cold busted is trying to lie your way out of it, pure and simple. It's not going to work. Does your friend seriously think that he's going to come up with something the judge doesn't hear on a daily basis?

You take the chance of getting caught when you speed. If you and your friend don't like the consequences of your actions, then don't drive. You knew the rules when you started playing the game.

If you disagree with someone, try and discuss it with them instead of going off on some cuss filled rant. If you can't do that, then maybe we can have one of the administrators add a middle finger emoticon for you.

turbojimmy
01-18-05, 10:56 AM
IMO, you should ALWAYS fight your ticket - any ticket. You don't just bend over and pay. It's all about revenue - a ticket is just another way for a municiplaity to levy tax. They're wasting my time and resources by pulling me over and handing me a ticket for some BS violation (artificially low speed limit, crossing a white line, "careless driving"). It's just a tax. How much of a tax you pay is always negotiable. They'd like you to simply sign it and mail it in. It costs them very little that way and you pay the maximum fine. Perfect.

When I got written for the 75 in a 45 I called a couple of friends on the force (a lieutenant detective and a sergeant). Both spoke to the cop (the sergeant was actually the patrolman's boss) but he would only let me plead down to careless, which is a smaller fine and half as many points. I talked to my lawyer and he said we could do better. We did. I got no points and an equivalent fine.

I go to court for all of my tickets - no matter what they're for. It's very rare (never happened to me) for you to come out worse than when you went in.

I'm all for acknowledging your mistakes and paying the piper, but HOW MUCH you pay is negotiable and only negotiable in court.

Jim

klebrun
01-18-05, 11:19 AM
I can't disagree with that. I've been there and negotiating it is part of the game. However, in the court system, fighting it is usually a plea of not guilty. Negotiating it is usually a plea of guilty to a lesser charge and double the fine. I was referring more to the attitude that they seem to be displaying that they shouldn't have gotten the ticket at all. There is a point where the line has to be drawn as to what is acceptable driving and what isn't, otherwise you have people going nuts out there.

I do agree that there are some overzealous cops out there, and at times the fines don't seem to fit the crime. It is one big money making machine, and I too have been put through the wringer. Obviously, if they were truly interested in solving the problem, they would resort to other means besides fines. The best way not to pay their ransom for your freedom, is to either not speed, or invest in a good radar detector.

turbojimmy
01-18-05, 11:38 AM
I can't disagree with that. I've been there and negotiating it is part of the game. However, in the court system, fighting it is usually a plea of not guilty. Negotiating it is usually a plea of guilty to a lesser charge and double the fine.

I think states vary on this, but in NJ you need to plead not guilty to get on the court roster. Then the negotiations with the prosecuter begin. Unless you get off the hook entirely, there is always a guilty plea to something (as you mentioned). Hopefully the guilty plea is to a lesser charge (but not necessarily double the fine).

Jim

davesdeville
01-18-05, 02:40 PM
Dave, some friendly advice. Judge yourself before you go giving out that advice.

If you disagree with someone, try and discuss it with them instead of going off on some cuss filled rant. If you can't do that, then maybe we can have one of the administrators add a middle finger emoticon for you.

Friendly advice my ass. You just told me the same thing I told him. His BS was un called for. "ooh your friend's a bad person because he speeds I'm a better person and I must live my life free of sin blah blah blah" I'm not going to discuss anything with someone who thinks that, they'll always end up thinking they're superior and it just gets me more frustrated.

Ralph
01-18-05, 03:54 PM
IMO, you should ALWAYS fight your ticket - any ticket. You don't just bend over and pay.
I go to court for all of my tickets - no matter what they're for.

What's the point of having laws then? Do you believe in laws? I'm no dummy, I know that laws are only for law-abiding citizens, however, are they not a guideline to try to help save lives by not having people smash into each other going over 100 mph? I know there are MANY other reasons for laws and one may include revenue, but still.

I'm not arguing with you but it sounds like you don't like to admit when you are in the "wrong" like receiving a ticket, even when guilty.

How are you supposed to argue a ticket when the cop SHOWS YOU the radar gun and the speed you were doing. (here, they have to do that or you can get off in court if you fight it, or so I've been told)

RBraczyk
01-18-05, 04:02 PM
My philosophy is this, you can go as fast as you damn well please under 100 mph, but the second you endanger someone elses life, you damn well pay the consequences. If you are cruising on a desolate highway at night going 95mph, its not the same as trying to do 70 weaving in and out of traffic.

Speed limits are there because they cannot afford to enforce what they want to.

klebrun
01-18-05, 04:06 PM
Friendly advice my ass. You just told me the same thing I told him. His BS was un called for. "ooh your friend's a bad person because he speeds I'm a better person and I must live my life free of sin blah blah blah" I'm not going to discuss anything with someone who thinks that, they'll always end up thinking they're superior and it just gets me more frustrated.

Thank you for proving my point. I won't waste any more of my time discussing this with you either.

klebrun
01-18-05, 04:21 PM
I think states vary on this, but in NJ you need to plead not guilty to get on the court roster. Then the negotiations with the prosecuter begin. Unless you get off the hook entirely, there is always a guilty plea to something (as you mentioned). Hopefully the guilty plea is to a lesser charge (but not necessarily double the fine).

Jim

Ya, you're right. The states do vary on these things. Were I live, you are assigned a court date when the cop issues you a ticket. You can then plead guilty and mail in the ticket and fine for basic violations. Or you can go to court, plead guilty, no contest, or not guilty. But if you plead not guilty, you need to have proof beyond just your statement that you were wrongly accused. If you plead guilty to a lesser charge, you usually have to pay double the fine, which is the more expensive way to go. The only advantage to going that route is to keep the infraction off of your driving record. In some instances, if you plea to a lesser charge and get caught again for the same infraction in a set period of time, then the court will recharge you with the previous infraction plus the new infraction, basically hitting you with both barrels. Generally speaking, of course.

turbojimmy
01-18-05, 04:34 PM
What's the point of having laws then? Do you believe in laws? I'm no dummy, I know that laws are only for law-abiding citizens, however, are they not a guideline to try to help save lives by not having people smash into each other going over 100 mph? I know there are MANY other reasons for laws and one may include revenue, but still.

I'm not arguing with you but it sounds like you don't like to admit when you are in the "wrong" like receiving a ticket, even when guilty.

How are you supposed to argue a ticket when the cop SHOWS YOU the radar gun and the speed you were doing. (here, they have to do that or you can get off in court if you fight it, or so I've been told)

I believe in laws. I also believe in exercising my right to a trial, or at least to face my accuser. I'm not naive enough to believe that all laws are for the good of the people or were even created with "the people" in mind. The purpose of most traffic laws is to protect stupid people from themselves and to protect others from stupid people. Many other laws are blatant revenue generators. Why do you think NJ has a careless driving statute with a 2-point penalty and fine as well as an unsafe driving statute with the same definition but no points and just a fine? Give up? It's so the municipalities can collect their revenue and drivers can feel better about pleading down to it because they don't get any points.

Again, my point is that you need to separate the crime from the punishment. The fact that I've committed a crime is indisputable. I know it, the cop knows it, the judge knows it. What I pay for that crime is largely up to what I am able to negotiate. My 75 in a 45 was on radar - plain as day. I was still able to negotiate it down to a no-point ticket and a fine. I paid for my "crime", I just didn't pay what someone who just signed and mailed the ticket in would've paid.

To be able to go to court and face your accuser is a unique right that a lot of people in other countries don't have. You should exercise it. Plus municipal court is pretty entertaining - and scary when you realize what people are doing in your town.

Jim

Ralph
01-18-05, 04:46 PM
What I pay for that crime is largely up to what I am able to negotiate. My 75 in a 45 was on radar - plain as day. I was still able to negotiate it down to a no-point ticket and a fine.

You'd be good to take along when buying a new car!!! I don't believe in paying full price for a new car, but when I do wrong I will accept the consequences society deems appropriate unless there is a discrepancy or I'm being unfairly processed, etc.

The problem is that we all don't know someone on the force like a Lt. or Sgt. to get the fine reduced, if you do, well that's good for YOUR situation, but I don't think that's the norm for everyone else. The rest of us have to "suck it up" and pay the fine, as we don't have police in our pockets. ;)

I still want to know what the revenue is used for and why you guys are so against this.

davesdeville
01-18-05, 05:59 PM
Thank you for proving my point. I won't waste any more of my time discussing this with you either.

See there you go acting like you're not going to 'bring yourself down to my level.' Just another arrogant, holier than thou person who thinks they're gods gift..

klebrun
01-18-05, 06:43 PM
You'd be good to take along when buying a new car!!! I don't believe in paying full price for a new car, but when I do wrong I will accept the consequences society deems appropriate unless there is a descrepancy or I'm being unfairly processed, etc.

The problem is that we all don't know someone on the force like a Lt. or Sgt. to get the fine reduced, if you do, well that's good for YOUR situation, but I don't think that's the norm for these situations. The rest of us have to "suck it up" and pay the fine, as we don't have police in our pockets. ;)

I still want to know what the revenue is used for and why you guys are so against this.

I'm in total agreement with you that there should be laws to control bad drivers. They are bad enough with the laws in effect, I can't imagine what it would be like without them. There are instances, however, where you think that you could just go to court, pay a respectable fine, and be on your way. Not always. For example...

Back in the late '80's, when the American economy went into the tank, I lost my job and was unemployed for several months. During that time period, I was unable to pay for my car insurance, and the company cancelled my policy.

They then notified the state of Kansas that I no longer had insurance. The state of Kansas sent me a letter asking for proof of insurance from another carrier. If I was unable to provide proof, they would suspend my license. Being unable to provide proof, my license was suspended.

During that time, I found a job and was in the process of saving the money to buy insurance. I still had to drive back and forth to work. I was working late hours. It's not unusual for police to follow late night drivers and run their tags. I had a police officer run mine while I was at a stop light. My license came up suspended, and I was pulled over and given a ticket for driving on a suspended license. In Kansas, when you get a ticket, the officer radios in for a court date. It is then written on the back of the ticket. For this particular offense, I was obligated to go to court and not able to just mail in the fine and avoid the court appearance.

I was able to get insurance, file what's known as an SR-22, and get my license back. All that was left to do was to show the judge that I had obtained insurance, had my license reinstated, plead guilty to driving on a suspended, pay the fine and go home...so I thought.

When I appeared before the judge, I showed him that I had taken care of the problem and wanted to plead guilty to driving on a suspended. I was told by the judge that driving on a suspended carried a fine of up to $100 and a possibility of 5 days in jail. He then advised me that even though this was my first offense, that he could in addition to the fine, go ahead and sentence me to 5 days in jail, and asked me if I was willing to take that gamble. I said that I didn't want to go to jail, so he told me to get an attorney and continued the case to the following month. I obtained an attorney. On the court date, my attorney negotiated with the prosecuting attorney and got me to plea to a lesser charge ( I forget what ) and pay a fine of $250. In addition to that, I had to pay the attorney another $150. So even though I was willing to plead guilty and pay the fine, the judge sized me up and the deal was made. The $250 was the carrot, and the 5 day jail sentence was the stick if I didn't negotiate a higher price with them.

There was also a story on the news a few months back about a guy from Kansas City, Missouri who had 16 tickets in 2 years...and still had his drivers license. He must have had money, because he negotiated every one of those tickets down and basically had a clean driving record.

I also knew a guy with 4 dwi's who still had his license. He had the money to negotiate his way out of losing his license. He was however, on the verge of going to jail.

I'm not saying that it's this way everywhere, I just don't know. Maybe in the beginning the laws were designed to protect people from bad drivers and to some point, most of them still do. But somewhere along the line, politicians found out how much of a cash cow this is, and made adjustments accordingly.

As to where all of the money goes...that's a good question.

There was a television writer who wrote an episode for the Rockford Files based on this practice in the judicial system. The only difference is that he wrote about a small town police force and mayor framing people for rape and murder, and allowing them to pay their way out of it. I wonder if he was inspired by a traffic ticket?

klebrun
01-18-05, 06:48 PM
See there you go acting like you're not going to 'bring yourself down to my level.' Just another arrogant, holier than thou person who thinks they're gods gift..

And there you go again playing the victim. Why don't we just stop this pointless argument and get on with the thread.

Ralph
01-18-05, 06:51 PM
During that time period, I was unable to pay for my car insurance, and the company cancelled my policy.

I find this interesting because it would NEVER happen in Canada! Want to know what I pay for plates (insurance combined with a 700 dollar deductable) $720 per year! We get obligatory insurance included with the Provincial govt. when we buy the plates, but we don't have to buy private auto insurance if we don't want to. I do pay another $120 per year for a 200 dollar deductable and that gives more liability coverage also.

I bet you guys only pay a couple hundred for a years worth of tags.

I would want to know where the revenue goes before complaining about paying the ticket. If it went to widows of police killed on the job, or for improving highways, or more visable road signs, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That's why I asked. There has to be some sort of consequence if you break the law, or it sends a signal to everyone that it's a free for all.

davesdeville
01-18-05, 09:36 PM
And there you go again playing the victim. Why don't we just stop this pointless argument and get on with the thread.

My point is mind your own damn business.

Rolex
01-18-05, 09:37 PM
lets get all our cops to sit there radaring people until they meet a rediculously high quota so we can make money we can embezzle.

Yeah...that sounds reasonable....I guess. :hmm: If you got as pissed off at the cop about being stopped as you did at me posting 85 instead of 84, I can see why you got a ticket. :chill:

The last ticket I got read: <5, 5-10, 10-20, and >20. I thought (and still think) the cop was cutting you a break. Either way your buddy was speeding. I agree he should go to court....maybe he can work out a deal to keep the points off of his record.

klebrun
01-18-05, 10:42 PM
My point is mind your own damn business.

Okay, let's try this again.

#1. I will post whenever and wherever I please. If you don't like people commenting on your business, then don't put it on the internet for all to see.

#2. There are rules on this forum about how to behave towards one another. If one member starts to cuss out another member, it can lead to a big argument. Then the administrator has to step in and quite possibly close down the thread. Then your behavior becomes everyone's business because the one's that are conducting themselves accordingly end up paying the price for your misconduct.

#3. If someone says something that you take as an insult, why don't you ask them to clarify themselves and let them know that you took offense? If you had told Tractorboy that in a nice way, maybe he would have apologized and you all could have become friends instead of enemies. If you start making enemies on this website, it is bound to carry over into other threads, and they too can be shut down. We all try to police ourselves on this site, and sometimes a third party might step in and say cool it so that it doesn't get out of control. All I can say is that if you can't control yourself, maybe you ought to take a break and come back when you've cooled off. Let's just call a truce and try to get along, alright?

davesdeville
01-18-05, 11:58 PM
You should've let tractorboy respond because I was talking directly to him. He made a comment that whether intended or not enflamed me, you didn't until you interjected afterwards - jumping in and giving me crap isn't going to make the situation any better.

davesdeville
01-19-05, 12:03 AM
Yeah...that sounds reasonable....I guess. :hmm: If you got as pissed off at the cop about being stopped as you did at me posting 85 instead of 84, I can see why you got a ticket. :chill:

I didn't say a word to the cop. My friend handled it in a very business like manner. You know as well as I do that they can't write down a higher speed, and it made no differance that he wrote down a lower speed in the same bracket.

Rolex
01-19-05, 12:50 AM
I didn't say a word to the cop. My friend handled it in a very business like manner. You know as well as I do that they can't write down a higher speed, and it made no differance that he wrote down a lower speed in the same bracket.

I get the point already....the cop didn't help your friend out, it's the same fine, blah blah. :chill:

Out of curiosity, how is it that you are so certain of the exact speed the cop gunned your friend at anyway? Did he tell you, show you, or are you just guessing? I'm trying to understand why: if it didn't help your buddy out why would the cop give him a break on the recorded speed. It doesn't add up IMO. As to whether or not cops "can't write down a higher speed," I don't see why that couldn't be possible. IF it happened it would be his/her word against a seventeen year old....and in the eyes of a judge, well you know who is more credible. :rolleyes:

I hope your buddy can get out of the points by community service or probation, or whatever. You might do well to relax and lighten up a little. I'm not trying to bust your balls and you seem a little hostile. :annoyed: ;)

davesdeville
01-19-05, 02:00 AM
He told us he clocked us at 84. It would be a real shame if a cop could pull you over for no reason and write down that you were speeding.

And the only people I've been hostile towards are klebrun and tractor boy.

klebrun
01-19-05, 11:01 AM
Here you go, Ralph...

A Chicago-area couple began the New Year by racking up an impressive $1,400 in speeding tickets.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144790,00.html

Got a question for ya. Are you able to choose between different insurance carriers, or does the Canadian government only allow one choice?

Ralph
01-19-05, 04:44 PM
Got a question for ya. Are you able to choose between different insurance carriers, or does the Canadian government only allow one choice?

Of course, we can buy any insurance we want from private companies. However, to buy plates ("tags" as you say) we have to buy from the Provincial government (SGI=Saskatchewan Government Insurance) and as I mentioned, the plates come with a 700 deductable. I cannot speak for Ontario, as they are more set up like the U.S. imo. Some people find 700 dollars too high and like me, go to a private insurance broker and pay for better coverage and a lower deductable.

turbojimmy
01-19-05, 04:55 PM
Of course, we can buy any insurance we want from private companies. However, to buy plates ("tags" as you say) we have to buy from the Provincial government (SGI=Saskatchewan Government Insurance) and as I mentioned, the plates come with a 700 deductable. I cannot speak for Ontario, as they are more set up like the U.S. imo. Some people find 700 dollars too high and like me, go to a private insurance broker and pay for better coverage and a lower deductable.

So what do you do for plates if you go to an independent broker? The way it works here is that you pay the state to register the car - they issue the plates. This does not mean, however, that you are insured. You have to get insurance from an independent insurance company. You need proof of insurance to get plates from the state (though NJ doesn't really check as long as you provide a policy number). If you cancel your insurance, the insurance company is obligated to remind you that you have to turn your plates in or get other insurance but they don't rat you out to the state.

Jim

Ralph
01-19-05, 05:03 PM
So what do you do for plates if you go to an independent broker? The way it works here is that you pay the state to register the car - they issue the plates. This does not mean, however, that you are insured. You have to get insurance from an independent insurance company. You need proof of insurance to get plates from the state (though NJ doesn't really check as long as you provide a policy number). If you cancel your insurance, the insurance company is obligated to remind you that you have to turn your plates in or get other insurance but they don't rat you out to the state.

Jim

Got this in the mail TODAY!!! Looks like my plates are due next month and here is the breakdown. I can buy them for a full year ($699) or 3 months at a time is the shortest duration at a time.

When we buy plates, we get basic insurance with them, it's included. This is ADDED or increased if we buy private insurance. We don't require proof of anything and it's all included. If I had a crappy car, I wouldn't bother buying the private insurance because the car may not be worth the 700 (plate included) deductable.

Here's the breakdown for my Cadillac this year. I got a good driver discount because it used to cost about $859 for plates. If you have plates you are covered insurance wise regardless if you go private or not.

A lot of money every year, eh??

turbojimmy
01-23-05, 07:32 PM
It's a lot, but I think it's more in NJ. I pay $2,500 insurance per year for 2 cars (includes liability, comprehenisve (theft, vandalism) and collision. Registration varies depending on the type of vehicle and the number of years you register it. My van was $81 this year, I think the car was $60-something. The GN is only $250 per year for insurance and $40-something to register (plus a $25 collector-vehicle fee every 2 years) but that's a limited-use (2k miles per year) insurance policy.

It would be a lot cheaper for me if I could stay out of trouble. But I can't, so I pay.

Jim

Tractor Boy
01-24-05, 12:26 AM
GODDAM davesdeville, calm the **** down and stop jumpin on peoples shit, just cool it haus. Listen here mofo, dont make me come down there and give you an ass whoopin, Roy D Mercer style(those who know what I'm talkin about, thas pretty funny) . See Yall in 6 months, be back around June 25, ttyl