: 2009 CTS-4 Wipers

JT101
05-09-13, 02:34 PM
Hello All,

My first post! I’m the owner of a 2009 Cadillac CTS-4 I bought early last year from Lexus of Edison (NJ). So far I'm very happy with it.

My wipers started to go recently, so I went to Pep Boys to get a new set.

Unfortunately the only wipers they have replace the existing “sexy” looking wiper blade with this horrendous, skeletal-looking monstrosity.

It wouldn’t be so bad if there was some sort of cover you could get to hide the joint area (and the newly exposed part of the main metal wiper arm) but as is it looks really bad.

I even tried to disassemble the new wipers and “thread” the rubber part onto the existing blade – no go, they just don’t fit right and causes them to bulge outwards.

Is it possible to KEEP the existing blade and just change the rubber INSERTS? Doe anybody sell just the INSERT part?

arw1510
05-09-13, 02:42 PM
your best bet is to go to a dealer and buy the oem part. Who cares if its gonna cost you an extra $20, its worth it

JT101
05-09-13, 02:48 PM
your best bet is to go to a dealer and buy the oem part. Who cares if its gonna cost you an extra $20, its worth it

True, I just thought I could save a few bucks by getting just the rubber part. But thank you for the informative AND fast response, I do appreciate it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-09-13, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

My first post! I’m the owner of a 2009 Cadillac CTS-4 I bought early last year from Lexus of Edison (NJ). So far I'm very happy with it.

My wipers started to go recently, so I went to Pep Boys to get a new set.

Unfortunately the only wipers they have replace the existing “sexy” looking wiper blade with this horrendous, skeletal-looking monstrosity.

It wouldn’t be so bad if there was some sort of cover you could get to hide the joint area (and the newly exposed part of the main metal wiper arm) but as is it looks really bad.

I even tried to disassemble the new wipers and “thread” the rubber part onto the existing blade – no go, they just don’t fit right and causes them to bulge outwards.

Is it possible to KEEP the existing blade and just change the rubber INSERTS? Doe anybody sell just the INSERT part?

Hello JT101,

Yay for your first post :) Glad to hear you are happy with your vehicle. I advise you buy your wipers from the dealership like arw1510 stated; even though it may be a few more bucks, it will be worth it.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

sandcracker21
05-09-13, 03:58 PM
Yes you can buy only the insert from the dealer. I buy the whole new thing because at my dealer it's like 2 bucks more.

wmillar
05-09-13, 05:41 PM
Part# 1589-0064 RT. 1589-0062 LT.

Merge
05-10-13, 08:17 AM
OEM are by far the best.