: Help me with a weird vibration in my '91 LeSabre.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-09-13, 10:43 AM
Just recently, my '91 LeSabre started to shake at certain speeds. It does it in the 40mph range as well as the 55mph range. It doesn't matter if I'm accelerating, cruising or braking or if I've got the wheels turned or straight. I can feel it in the steering wheel and in the floorboards.

My first thought is my tires are off balance, which is no worry. Am I right in thinking it's the tires, or does it sound more severe?

Ranger
05-09-13, 11:11 AM
Tire balance would be my first guess.

HAZZARDJOHN
05-09-13, 11:15 AM
easy way to tell if it is the tires, rotate them. If the vibration changes it's more than likely the tires or in need of an alignment. If it doesn't change it could still be the tires or an alignment issue but if it changes it gives you a good place to start. Plus it's free.

EcSTSatic
05-09-13, 01:08 PM
My first thought is my tires are off balance, which is no worry. Am I right in thinking it's the tires, or does it sound more severe?

You can think that but you won't know unless you try something as suggested.

Aron9000
05-11-13, 06:24 PM
Check if you're missing any wheel weights. The old style ones that clamp to the edge of the wheel don't generally fall off, but those newer stick on types are known for it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-12-13, 08:46 AM
I have the older clamp-on style ones still attached. Maybe I had the stick on ones as well that fell off without me knowing it.

truckinman
05-12-13, 11:14 AM
How old are your tires? Could be uneven wear on one of the tires due to over or under inflation. Do you feel it in the steering wheel, or just a resonating vibration through out the car?

----------

Just read it again and saw you feel it in the steering wheel too. Lol. Yea I'd def say one of your fronts is off balance either due to lost weight or uneven wear

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-12-13, 11:22 AM
I'll get them rotated at work this week. It's due for that and an oil change too.