: Wheel fitment?

HoustonBussa
05-09-13, 03:12 AM
Looking at getting some 22's... So I'm pretty sure on the size I'm going to get. The question is what width can be put under there.. With out ripping out the wheel well when you turn all the way. Most of the rims I've looked at are 22x9.5.

Also what's a good offset. I'd like either a flush fit or just barely past the wheel well. I guess I need to figure out the width on my wife's 2003 Suburban, because I LOVE the stance her truck has.

sprink60
05-11-13, 09:45 PM
Looking at getting some 22's... So I'm pretty sure on the size I'm going to get. The question is what width can be put under there.. With out ripping out the wheel well when you turn all the way. Most of the rims I've looked at are 22x9.5.

Also what's a good offset. I'd like either a flush fit or just barely past the wheel well. I guess I need to figure out the width on my wife's 2003 Suburban, because I LOVE the stance her truck has.

I took a set of factory 22" off a 2012 EXT...no issues at all on my 2005 EXV after 10K miles.

HoustonBussa
05-12-13, 09:47 PM
I took a set of factory 22" off a 2012 EXT...no issues at all on my 2005 EXV after 10K miles.

I'm going fir something with a bit more of a lip on it.

sprink60
05-12-13, 11:45 PM
If you move the center of the wheel away from the hub you will have interference problems at some point. I studied this quite a bit many years ago and learned from a GM suspension engineer that the big risk in doing this is over loading the outer wheel/axle bearing. He made me aware of a landmark law suite where deaths were caused by wheel bearing failure due to using too much reverse off set. The plaintiffs in the suit ended up with nothing and the auto insurance company was not required to pay off the claim. Be careful with this and make sure you use only SEMA certified wheels and rims on your truck...they work all of the fitment calcs and know what will and will not work.

HoustonBussa
05-16-13, 08:12 AM
Thanks. Some SERIOUS food for thought. I haven't seen and fitting Giss on here as of yet. I know I want a 22, deep dish lip, but need to find what width and offset is doable, so of anyone knows...

Silent_Assasin
05-16-13, 01:19 PM

Also what's a good offset. I'd like either a flush fit or just barely past the wheel well. I guess I need to figure out the width on my wife's 2003 Suburban, because I LOVE the stance her truck has. I personally think 22's look like 18's on a big truck! It would take a REAL big tire to have any rubbing issues on tiny 22's with the huge wheel wells! :alchi: