: New Saturns

ben72227
01-12-05, 01:33 AM
I know most of you probably aren't interested in Saturn, but I must say that the new Sky roadster they're making is TOTALLY unexpected from Saturn. Also, the new sedan - the Aura, looks WAY too nice for a saturn, especially in the interior.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/SKY_profile1_1024.jpg

http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/data/12181/332aura-concept-09-med.jpg

Playdrv4me
01-12-05, 03:19 AM
S2000 beater? Thats a rediculously nice looking Saturn.

Ralph
01-12-05, 03:22 AM
Looks a little like a Porsche Boxster?

Airbalancer had a good link to pics of this thing.

K2K
01-12-05, 10:04 AM
Had to reread the title to make sure I was really on the Saturn thread

D148L0
01-12-05, 11:34 AM
I don't care about the brand. That is a nice looking car. It SEEMS to be made with quality in mind.

BeelzeBob
01-12-05, 11:46 AM
That's really nice.. I'm very impressed.. I like the front and back much better than the side - even though it's fine from the side..

Just go to the Saturn.com website and follow the "Future Vehicles" (or something like that) option...

El Dobro
01-12-05, 04:00 PM
The Pontiac version is pretty cool looking, too.

ben72227
01-12-05, 04:24 PM
Bob Lutz said that he realized that of all the GM brands, Saturn had become the most neglected and so he decided to develop some good quality vehicles to replace the pitiful L300 and just to add some more vibrance to the brand. The interior (IMHO) just looks gorgeous for a GM car and it gives me hope that they might do something about the rest of the subdivisions of GM (excluding Cadillac of course:histeric:)

Also, I think that both of those vehicles (I know the SKY at least) will be priced around $20,000 and Lutz confirmed that they weren't just concepts at the auto show; he said both cars are actually about to go into production this year as soon as they finish retrofitting the plant where they're built.

S2000 beater?

No, more like Miata beater. The S2000 is 12 grand more than this is supposed to be. I also like the fact that they made the ragtop so that it folds into the car (kinda like how the XLR does with its top). Lutz said that the Saturn version if for people who like standard roadsters (Miata, S2000, etc.) and that the Pontiac version (the Solstice) was for people who like really curvy cars.:rolleyes:

Anyways, its just nice to see that GM is trying to improve the rest of its brands besides Cadillac. If this SKY thing turns out to be reliable, i might just get me one someday:)

Jesda
01-12-05, 11:40 PM
Bob Lutz is my hero.