: Metal Taillight Fillers 77-79?? Do they exist?

lacville78
05-09-13, 03:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone ever made light metal aftermarket fillers for the old cadillacs. It seems like it would serve the same purpose of crinkling during a minor wreck, without the uv weakness. I need to replace one of mine, and would love to get a metal one if possible.

pompste
05-09-13, 05:01 AM
No metal fillers that i know of.Only aftermarket fiberglass,or if you`re lucky,the original polyurethane fillers.
I`ve got aftermarket fiberglass rear fillers on my '78 Deville----got lucky and they match up perfect,but if anyone ever rear ends me they will crack.

1980coupe
05-09-13, 07:28 PM
The only metal ones I have seen were for 80-92 rwd brougham, 80-84, coupes and 80-85 brougham coupes. Some guy on layitlow was making them but I dont think he ever sold one. He had pictures on the thread topic but was getting a lot of negative feedback about it doesnt line up and blah blah...price was outrages but I guess seems fair considering the time taken to shape them...
You're better off with original fillers if you can get those, aftermarket sucks...

brougham
05-09-13, 09:35 PM
Metal ones would be pretty pointless, except for the holding up thing. The whole reason they are flexible is so that if the bumper gets bumped the fillers will flex instead of denting like they would if they were metal. Go for whatever replacements you can find, if you find original ones make sure they are still flexible or else they'll jsut crack and fall apart again.