: how many of you have painted calipers?

wangstarr03
05-08-13, 11:07 PM
Just curious if you upgraded the entire brake system, added painted calipers and/or drilled/slotted rotors for the look, etc. would love to see some pics as I am thinking of undertaking this mod; I think red calipers would look great on my white truck and between the spokes of my stock 22's. Any insight/suggestions would be appreciated and again, pics please, thanks!

----------

thread inadvertently submitted twice; mods please feel free to remove

KBoxer
05-09-13, 11:38 AM
Running the Baer Plus 1 slotted and drilled rotors that come with brackets to move out the stock calipers. 24" wheels. Have my calipers painted black. I think painting them red might be a little much as they are just cast steel calipers with a rough finish. They are not the oversized aluminum caliper type that you'd normally want to draw attention too.

roadog1aj
05-09-13, 12:49 PM
Here is a link to a thread discussing caliper covers: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/259089-caliper-covers.html
My reply is about half way down. It has a brief description of how I went about painting my calipers, and also has pics showing before, during, and after shots of the calipers. It has been almost exactly a year ago when I painted my calipers, and they still look like I just painted them! Surprisingly, I have received more parking lot compliments for my calipers, than i have for the truck itself!! I could never imagine installing caliper covers that are not really covers at all....just very expensive plates. You can still easily see the rest of the untreated caliper through your rims. I have 22" rims and my calipers are easily viewed. Your 24" rims would make it even more easy to see flawed calipers. I would recommend a few hours cleaning and painting them, or spending the $$ to install pre-painted or powder coated calipers. (Wayyyy too expensive for my blood!)