: pa-15 vette installed on my V? (pic inside)

darien99
05-08-13, 11:41 PM
I bought my car a few months ago from a dealer in Sandusky and after leaving the lot and going through the glovebox it appears that there may be an ipod adapter in the car already. There was documentation for a USA Spec PA-15 Vette (a printed manual) but the problem is that I can't seem to find the ipod dongle, and I've checked all the obvious places.

I know that the best way to figure it out would be to pull the rear deck but I've read into it and it looks like a PITA that I'd like to avoid if I can. Instead I snapped a picture of what comes up on my XM channel 1, would this lead you to believe that there is in fact an adapter hooked up?

mackey
05-08-13, 11:44 PM
pa15 hooks into the xm module under the rear deck next to the woofer. id try to trace it from there

carlson_mn
05-09-13, 12:22 AM
For me I put the interface module under the center armrest with the ipod cable coming up through the bottom. If you can find the black ipod connection cable you can trace it to there. the rear deck is pretty easy if you have a power drill to take those nuts off the long ass bolts that go into the trunk. You'll know what I'm talking about if you do them by hand once.

Also, read the manual about programming those buttons on the right so they don't have XM stations. basically hold the Next track button to the right for 3 seconds and then you can cycle through the 6 ipod control options to assign to those buttons.

darien99
05-09-13, 01:25 PM
Great, I suppose that leaves me with two questions.

1. Before I tear into anything, the above picture seems to point to the fact that there is still in fact a PA-15 hooked up somewhere, right?

2. The only way to find out where the cable was routed is to take apart the rear deck, correct?

jsnm
05-09-13, 01:34 PM
Pop up the lower part of the rear seat,its very easy,check throughout there and see if you can see the cable running through under it somewhere.
I just hooked mine up a couple weeks ago,I ran the wires under the seat and put the unit under it next to the fuse box.
Either way you should see something through there if its still hooked up.