: Stupid question: What brakes do I have?

bigoh
05-08-13, 11:02 PM
I just picked up an ATS turbo standard with CUE. I love it. I was wondering what brakes I have as the calipers look the same at the brembo ones , mine are grey and have the cadilac written on the calliper? I thought only the performance and premium have the better brakes? I can post a pic.

Hoosier Daddy
05-09-13, 12:04 AM
I just picked up an ATS turbo standard with CUE. I love it. I was wondering what brakes I have as the calipers look the same at the brembo ones , mine are grey and have the cadilac written on the calliper? I thought only the performance and premium have the better brakes? I can post a pic.
I read somewhere all the front calipers are Brembo. Marketing just doesn't mention that for the base. But I also seem to recall that the rotors on the base may be smaller.

bigoh
05-09-13, 12:14 AM
oh so am not nuts that they are the brembo callipers. sweet. seems like the base turbo with the cue is a good bargain then

pissedoffwookiee
05-09-13, 01:52 AM

all ATS models have Brembo front calipers except the base standard 2.5 with the standard wheel, but if you opt for the polished wheel on that model you get the Brembos.

the turbo standard w/CUE is rapidly becoming the sweet spot from a price/performance/features perspective.

bigoh
05-09-13, 08:29 AM
yeah, here in Canada (montreal) a 328xi would have run me about $150 more a month to lease. The fake leather seats are also not bad at all can hardly tell. The main lease for the CUE for me was the backup up camera but I am starting to really like it.