: Those who have done z06 endlinks, where to get 15/32 drill bit?

danrob0123
05-08-13, 04:45 PM
Hello all,

I''m in the process of installing my Hotchkis bars and z06 endlinks. Got the rear one installed yesterday. Went to 4 different stores and called a few more, (Home depot, local hardware store, Lowe's, O'rielly's, Autozone) and no-one carries the drill bit I need for this install. I ended up picking up the right size from Lowe's but it is an all purpose light-duty bit not intended for metal. After about a half-hour of drilling I was about halfway through one swaybar hole. Will a 1/2 bit work? If not, do I order one online?

Thanks guys

rand49er
05-08-13, 05:04 PM
It's been a while, but I managed to find one without too much difficulty. Seems to me it was either an old-fashioned hardware or possibly an auto parts store.

Good luck!

OneFast V
05-08-13, 05:38 PM
do you have a harbor freight nearby? If so, i would call them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog/product/view/id/282/category/425/

Manofmetal01
05-08-13, 06:46 PM
Move to canada...just one of the many included in any drill bit kit.

NCOGNITO
05-08-13, 10:48 PM
+1 for Harbor Freight - it looks like there are 3 of them in the Long Island area. Northern Tool, Sears would definitely have one. I can't recall what size the hole is originally, but a decent set of step-bits will really help keep the bit centered while you're enlarging it.

The bit on the left has 15/32 as the next to last step and they're pretty cheap at $12 --> http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-titanium-nitride-coated-high-speed-steel-step-drills-91616.html. Irwin makes these, but they're 3X as expensive at Lowes/HomeDepot.

lollygagger8
05-09-13, 02:42 PM
I found mine at local hardware store.

I could never move to Canada.....one word.....Nickleback. lol

brack86svo
05-09-13, 03:06 PM
I found mine at local hardware store.

I could never move to Canada.....one word.....Nickleback. lol

Don't forget justin beeber

ls6v
05-11-13, 10:51 AM
Don't forget justin beeber