: What coating for cowl vent grille, steps and all exterior black trim

gabe8496
05-08-13, 01:38 PM
What do you all use on your Esky's? I've used Armor All in the past on my Mustang and Envoy and I think that was the biggest mistake I've ever made as they rubber material around the windows either cracked or sun dried.

I want to prevent it from fading as much as possible. On the Envoy, i've used the tire coating from Turtle (Spray) on the steps and gives them a nice rich, grey color and last for quite some time. Slipper at times but not tooo bad.

Just want to prevent as much fade as possible. The fender vents already show some fading as they have areas that look grey instead of black.

hemiwin6.2
05-08-13, 02:26 PM
303 protectant

Rich08
05-08-13, 02:47 PM
I use meguiars ultimate black plastic restorer for all my plastic and also on the window black trim that fades. It works for weeks unless it rains for while but it still keeps a little dark after that. Someone at work told me to use a heat gun on the plastics but I prefer to wait until my plastic is really grey.107722

Blackedoutlt3
05-08-13, 03:44 PM
Just started posting in here. About to get a 10 Esky, But right now I have a black 07 Tahoe. The best products out there are Adams Polishes. They have a product called VRT for black vinyl trim, wheels and anything for trim. It is great doesn't leave a grease behind and also has UV protectent in it. I am a detailer and love all their products.

MrHolland
05-09-13, 12:25 AM
I also like 303

tony abbott
05-13-13, 09:52 PM
I've had success with Meguires rubber/plastic rubber protectant. I use it on tires, the door steps, even under the hood. Lasts for weeks and helps hide the scratches on the step sills.