: Driver Awareness Package on 2008+

stevenriz
05-08-13, 10:24 AM
Hi, anyone have this option on their STS? I am looking at a 2010 that is 1SG and DWP. Cross Lane Traffic, Bind Spot Detection and Lane Departure.

How cool is it? Do all these warnings show up on the HUD?

I have 1SG and don't think I can live without it. Anything more will just be better!

1BadCadSTS
05-08-13, 12:30 PM
2010 no rain sense just FYI

ddalder
05-08-13, 12:31 PM
The three grouped into this package are Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone Alert and Head-Up Display. The Lane Departure Warning uses a green indicator on the instrument cluster when the camera is detecting road markings. When the system believes you are drifting from your lane (when you aren't using your signal light), it will illuminate the amber warning on the cluster and beep three times from either a left or right front dash speaker depending on your direction of drift. The Size Blind Zone Alert uses a visual indicator on each outside mirror. It will illuminate solid on the side that detects someone in your blind spot. If you are signalling to that same side, it will flash rapidly warning you of your plan to move into the affected area. There is no audible warning for this system. Neither of these systems provide warnings through the HUD.

Ludacrisvp
05-08-13, 01:05 PM
The only warnings you get in the HUD are from the Front Collision Avoidance system that is paired with the Adaptive Cruise control system. Where it shows / flashes a little red crash symbol and emits a high pitched rapid beep from the front speakers. Not sure if ACC is available on the model you are looking at.
and the generic 'check gauges' for other issues that pop up on the DIC

EChas3
05-08-13, 08:21 PM
I think the collision alert is a bit too sensitive. But I love ACC & won't easily choose another car without it.

Hoosier24
05-09-13, 09:45 AM
The three grouped into this package are Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone Alert and Head-Up Display. The Lane Departure Warning uses a green indicator on the instrument cluster when the camera is detecting road markings. When the system believes you are drifting from your lane (when you aren't using your signal light), it will illuminate the amber warning on the cluster and beep three times from either a left or right front dash speaker depending on your direction of drift. The Size Blind Zone Alert uses a visual indicator on each outside mirror. It will illuminate solid on the side that detects someone in your blind spot. If you are signalling to that same side, it will flash rapidly warning you of your plan to move into the affected area. There is no audible warning for this system. Neither of these systems provide warnings through the HUD.

What he said. The lane departure can get a little annoying at times, especially on a narrow road, but, all in all, a nice option.

ddalder
05-09-13, 12:51 PM
I've found the lane departure warning to be a little sensitive on roads with a lot of tar filled crack repairs running the same direction as the road markings. The camera tends to see these as markings as well and will alert despite being within the actual markings.

Ludacrisvp
05-09-13, 07:15 PM
Yeah I've noticed the same thing.

Hoosier24
05-10-13, 09:52 AM
Oh, and don't wear polarized sunglasses if you want to see the HUD. Wife got me a nice pair of Maui Jims for my birthday took me a week to figure out why my HUD wouldn't work during the day. Felt like an idiot, still do.