: Service Engine Soon Light, Headlight Out, CUE sucks, Wind deflector is bug collector

jlukavsky
05-08-13, 03:36 AM
Aside from CUE and the wind deflector, does anyone else have any of these issues?

Service engine soon light blink on and off for about 30 seconds and then turns off, I've had that happen twice about 1k miles apart.

Today a message came up that the right low beam was out, but looked like it was fine to me....

There is some annoying noise coming from the plastic area where the garage door opener is located, I push it up and it goes away for a couple minutes, then comes back.

Noticed that when I drive through a parking garage so I can hear the exhaust that there is a 'rattle' type sound when I give it a decent amount of gas.

CUE still reboots, loses settings, slow as ever.

Wind deflector for the sunroof has collected about 14 bugs so far.

6500 miles on this car, for $50k, not impressed at all anymore.

Put 120,000 miles on my 08 Pontiac G6 in 3 years, 2 burnt out headlights, and 3 burnt out indicator lights were the only things that i had to deal with in that car.

donavo
05-08-13, 04:25 AM
I'm very impressed with that Pontiac... Wow

danscrim
05-08-13, 12:19 PM
Today a message came up that the right low beam was out, but looked like it was fine to me....

There's an update for this. I got that error once pretty early on. Haven't seen it since I received the latest and greatest fixes... and I'm at 7500 miles. Maybe getting the latest updates will resolve some of your frustrations with CUE as well?

jlukavsky
05-08-13, 12:22 PM
I'm very impressed with that Pontiac... Wow

Haha yeah apparently I should've kept it, but this is my 3rd car since then, didn't like the other 2, I like this one but it seems like there is a new issue every week with it.

----------

There's an update for this. I got that error once pretty early on. Haven't seen it since I received the latest and greatest fixes... and I'm at 7500 miles. Maybe getting the latest updates will resolve some of your frustrations with CUE as well?

I took it in for service in mid/late March, AFAIK that was the last CUE update? The one where they gave out the $50 gift card?

JSATS
05-09-13, 07:28 AM
Bring it back to the dealer. I have found that my dealer is very helpful and I know for a fact that Cadillac will do anything and everything to make its owners happy.

bluecrayon
05-09-13, 10:26 PM
Aside from CUE and the wind deflector, does anyone else have any of these issues?

Service engine soon light blink on and off for about 30 seconds and then turns off, I've had that happen twice about 1k miles apart.

There is some annoying noise coming from the plastic area where the garage door opener is located, I push it up and it goes away for a couple minutes, then comes back.

Noticed that when I drive through a parking garage so I can hear the exhaust that there is a 'rattle' type sound when I give it a decent amount of gas.

CUE still reboots, loses settings, slow as ever.

Wind deflector for the sunroof has collected about 14 bugs so far.

6500 miles on this car, for $50k, not impressed at all anymore.

Put 120,000 miles on my 08 Pontiac G6 in 3 years, 2 burnt out headlights, and 3 burnt out indicator lights were the only things that i had to deal with in that car.

I hope you get these issues figured out. A huge pet peeve of mine is stupid noises and rattles in a car, especially a $50,000 car, I would expect it to be perfect! I only have 500 miles on mine and thankfully no problems so far but we'll see.

Illini333
05-11-13, 08:31 PM

When I was at the dealer a month ago with the same issue, I was told GM has not figured out the right low beam failure message. I'll try again next time I drop off the car.

sqkid89
05-12-13, 03:37 PM
I got a check engine light on the morning I was dropping my car off at the dealer for the CUE update. Turned out to be a bad Mass Air Flow sensor. Swapped it out when they did my recall services and first factory oil change. No problems since

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 05:16 PM
I got a check engine light on the morning I was dropping my car off at the dealer for the CUE update. Turned out to be a bad Mass Air Flow sensor. Swapped it out when they did my recall services and first factory oil change. No problems since

Hi sqkid89,

Glad to hear you were able to get the issue taken care of while going in for your CUE update. Thanks for sharing this information with other community members. Happy your vehicle is running smoothly with no issues. Continue to enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 08:13 PM
Bring it back to the dealer. I have found that my dealer is very helpful and I know for a fact that Cadillac will do anything and everything to make its owners happy.

Hello JSATS,

Glad to hear you find your dealership to be helpful. Enjoy driving your ATS around :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service