: Base radio (non-CUE) issue cant be fixed?

AmerLux
05-07-13, 11:28 PM
I've had a handful of "gremlins" since I got this ATS in Dec. it's been to the dealer three times and most of the issues have been addressed, they always give me a rental GM car and keep it for a couple days, the staff couldn't be more professional and easy to deal with. That said they CAN NOT get it totally right.
When I get in and start the car the radio is silent. Just about every time i start it up, so at least 4 times a day. Increase the volume, no dice. Turn the car off/back on doesn't work. I have to toggle through the XM/FM/AM/AUX and then I have sound. It's like it has MUTE as a default setting upon start up, though the mute icon isnt illuminated. The dealer said there have been no reported issues like this from GM (they called GM while I was there today) therefore they don't know what else to do. They've already replaced the radio unit and tried multiple other fixes.
I don't imagine I should have to live with this issue for the rest the time I have this car, anyone have some advice?
This is my second Cadillac, had a CTS before this, so I'm loyal to the brand but I'm no apologist fan boy who shouts down folks on this forum when they have a legitimate gripe.
Those thinking I should shut up and deal with it/ Suck it up and appreciate the car for what's right with it, Please don't post in this thread. This is a every day issue that just isn't right for a car at this price point.

Fraggy
05-08-13, 10:04 AM
That makes perfect sense, just like when I have to make a phone call, each one in initiates at a volume of 28, that's just absurd. It should remember the last chosen call volume and go from there, but it does not. I have not taken my car in for this and several other small problems, I'm just hoping for an update.

AmerLux
05-08-13, 03:21 PM
I've got that phone volume issue as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-13, 07:15 PM
AmerLux,
We're sorry that your ATS experience is not fully satisfactory at this point. Have you already been in contact with Customer Assistance on this matter? If we can check into this situation further for you, please contact us via private message here on the forum with more information (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a brief summary of the situation).

Regards,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Care