: Quick KW V3 Installation Question

FuzzyLogic
05-07-13, 08:45 PM
Hey, the KW Variant 3 installation instructions seemed sparse with respect to the rear springs. Is it true that there's no mounting attachment for the threaded part of the rear spring mount? Spring tension is all that holds that thing up there?

I'm coming from a Ground Control setup and still have some of the original pieces that I could slap back on there. Based on the few pictures I could find, it appears that you don't recycle any of the lower spring mount pieces--just jam that purple adapter in the bottom hole. Is that right?

AAIIIC
05-07-13, 09:06 PM
Yes and yes. The upper spring perch is retained in position the same way the stock spring was - by a rounded cone that's sticking down, and the upper perch is recessed to go around that cone. The stock spring had a rubber sombrero (http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/Suspension%20and%20Chassis/KW%20coilovers/KW%20-%20rear%20-%20stock%20upper%20perch.jpg) seated on that cone, but there wasn't anything solid holding that in place.

Manofmetal01
05-07-13, 11:04 PM
^ correct. It makes adjusting the rears a bit easier id think as well...I just undid the lower control arm bolt and end links off the sway bar...fairly quick, easy and simple.

FuzzyLogic
05-08-13, 01:05 AM
Thanks, both of you! I should have a whole bunch of driving impressions and pictures soon!

thebigjimsho
05-08-13, 11:14 AM
It's why I could change a rear spring in seconds once the wheels were off...

liqidvenom
05-12-13, 10:24 PM
I am going to install my LG coilovers when i have a chance, if i recall there is a bearing of sorts in the front shock tower area. Do we normally have to replace that or do we reuse it again? If so what is that part #