: 2007 DTS models??

07dtscaddy
05-07-13, 07:14 PM
I am trying to find out as much as I can about what I bought. I see that there are 5 or more models of 2007 DTS'. Base, Luxury I, II and III and performance. How do you tell what model you have?

ral1960
05-08-13, 12:39 PM
It depends on which groups of options it has. Only a few options were available individually.

Performance has 18" wheels instead of 17". It will have a "9" in the eighth (engine) digit of the VIN. All other models have a "Y" there. It drives differently because of the lower gearing and stiffer suspension.

Pretty sure the following is correct in 2007:
If it has a wood segment on the steering wheel, then it's real wood veneer. This was standard on II & III, optional on I. Cooled seats were not available on the base model, standard on all Luxury models. Luxury III had chrome wheels, folding mirrors, rear sun shade.

07dtscaddy
05-08-13, 01:45 PM
Have 17" chrome wheels and a number "8" for the engine digit. It seems to have every option. Wood on steering wheel, dash, doors, console. Elect rear shade, Bose/Nav, rain sensing wipers, the garage door thingy, elect folding mirrors, cooling for seats, even a massager for the front seats. Seems to be some sort of control for the rear seats too. Thanks for your reply.

Superjim
05-08-13, 03:51 PM
Have 17" chrome wheels and a number "8" for the engine digit. It seems to have every option. Wood on steering wheel, dash, doors, console. Elect rear shade, Bose/Nav, rain sensing wipers, the garage door thingy, elect folding mirrors, cooling for seats, even a massager for the front seats. Seems to be some sort of control for the rear seats too. Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like you have a LUX lll... Nice automobile... :)

07dtscaddy
05-10-13, 07:33 AM
How silly of me. Had the answer in front of me. On the option code sticker is the option 1SD which translates to Luxury II. Sorry about that.

hazcaddy
05-10-13, 01:04 PM
Actually 1SD is Lux III. For some reason on all of the GM products I have owned (all except Saturn) the model grades always went up from 1SB, perhaps one of the gang here knows what became of 1SA and why.

ral1960
05-11-13, 06:48 PM
1SA is probably the base model. Lux I is 1SB, II is 1SC, III is 1SD, Performance is 1SE.

AtlantaGuy00
05-16-13, 10:40 PM
Hey. Have all those options! All this time. Thought I had a Lux II but I must have a Lux III

Dadillac
05-17-13, 10:40 AM
It is my understanding that in 2006 There was Lux 1, Lux 2, Lux 3, and Performance. then in 2007 there was base, Lux 1, Lux 2, Performance.

Don