: Anyone here almost lose their V?

Oh5V
05-07-13, 06:56 PM

Just saw this, came very close, Possibly some damage but wow.
East Hanover NJ

They are saying the garbage truck driver "sneezed" and lost control...

(yea, its not my car, just another V here in NJ)

Its amazing how the truck even got at that angle, strange...

KaMaSuTrA
05-07-13, 07:03 PM
Wow!

H-town_V
05-07-13, 08:04 PM
WTF that's crazy. I'm so glad your V was spared tho. Did it suffer any real damage?

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 08:53 PM
I don't think its his V...

M5eater
05-07-13, 09:01 PM
bullshit, he fell asleep.

odla
05-07-13, 09:06 PM
Wow! lucky v.

ahahnu
05-07-13, 09:06 PM
Nothing like that but I came out of work once to find the lock popped. When I turned it on the screen flashed "attempted theft"

H-town_V
05-07-13, 10:17 PM
I don't think its his V...

Yea I realized that after I read it twice.

rand49er
05-07-13, 11:16 PM
"Sneezed" my butt!

AAIIIC
05-08-13, 01:08 AM
Not the same thing as nearly getting demolished by an out-of-control garbage truck, but like ahahnu I almost lost mine to theft a few years back. I was on deployment, and a buddy was keeping an eye on my place and driving my cars occasionally. The V's battery was on its last legs, and it died while I was gone. So, his wife went to the dealership and got a new battery and had it in her car.

Just a couple/few days before I returned from deployment, someone broke into my place. When my buddy and his wife went to check on the house (one final check, knowing I would be returning in a couple days), they found the V in the garage, hood up, keys in the ignition. Fortunately, the new battery was still in my friend's car, otherwise I would've come home to a really, really shitty homecoming. 4 years later it still makes me angry to think about it, even though the car wasn't actually stolen!

ahahnu
05-08-13, 08:26 AM
Not the same thing as nearly getting demolished by an out-of-control garbage truck, but like ahahnu I almost lost mine to theft a few years back. I was on deployment, and a buddy was keeping an eye on my place and driving my cars occasionally. The V's battery was on its last legs, and it died while I was gone. So, his wife went to the dealership and got a new battery and had it in her car.

Just a couple/few days before I returned from deployment, someone broke into my place. When my buddy and his wife went to check on the house (one final check, knowing I would be returning in a couple days), they found the V in the garage, hood up, keys in the ignition. Fortunately, the new battery was still in my friend's car, otherwise I would've come home to a really, really shitty homecoming. 4 years later it still makes me angry to think about it, even though the car wasn't actually stolen! Yikes!!

CoolMomMobile
05-08-13, 09:13 AM

Just a couple/few days before I returned from deployment, someone broke into my place. When my buddy and his wife went to check on the house (one final check, knowing I would be returning in a couple days), they found the V in the garage, hood up, keys in the ignition. Fortunately, the new battery was still in my friend's car, otherwise I would've come home to a really, really shitty homecoming. 4 years later it still makes me angry to think about it, even though the car wasn't actually stolen!

WOW!! Someone up above was looking out for you!

lollygagger8
05-08-13, 09:46 AM
I'm glad the V didn't get hit, and I hope nobody got hit by a garbage truck inside the house!

If that guy hit my house, I'm pretty sure the police would have to figure out why the garbage truck driver hit his face on the windshield mulitple times for only one crash.

thebigjimsho
05-08-13, 11:16 AM
Yeah, just ignore your burning house, sure...

KaMaSuTrA
05-08-13, 11:17 AM
More details:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/East-Hanover-New-Jersey-Garbage-Truck-House-Fire-206428531.html