: Getting rid of the Caddy........

Blackout
01-11-05, 09:45 PM
Well its that time. I've decided to get rid of the 1990 Deville. And what car will be replacing the Deville you say? Well at first I was looking at a Buick Regal GS but there wasn't any in my price range and I wanted to go back to RWD. So the new car for me is none other then a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. Yes I've switched over to the darkside but its everything I wanted in a car and then some. And mostly to knock my dad AKA Katshot off his perch once i play around with it. I should be getting the car within the next day or two so once I get it I will take some pics of it. But the car has 91k miles on it and is in perfect condition inside and out. Katshot doesn't like the interior that much but the main thing I cared about was the exterior color. Its the pearl color and I wanted either that color or a black one. But I got the car for $4500 so you can't beat that with a stick and the best part is is that motor. Today was the first time I driven one on the road and me, Katshot, and the guy who dropped the car off for us too look at it were in it and we got on the highway and I hit and once that thing downshifted that thing took off like a bat out of hell. I was very impressed with its performance and the ride quality was also quite surprising as well. But just though I would let you all know! :D

Playdrv4me
01-11-05, 09:53 PM
Well its that time. I've decided to get rid of the 1990 Deville. And what car will be replacing the Deville you say? Well at first I was looking at a Buick Regal GS but there wasn't any in my price range and I wanted to go back to RWD. So the new car for me is none other then a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. Yes I've switched over to the darkside but its everything I wanted in a car and then some. And mostly to knock my dad AKA Katshot off his perch once i play around with it. I should be getting the car within the next day or two so once I get it I will take some pics of it. But the car has 91k miles on it and is in perfect condition inside and out. Katshot doesn't like the interior that much but the main thing I cared about was the exterior color. Its the pearl color and I wanted either that color or a black one. But I got the car for $4500 so you can't beat that with a stick and the best part is is that motor. Today was the first time I driven one on the road and me, Katshot, and the guy who dropped the car off for us too look at it were in it and we got on the highway and I hit and once that thing downshifted that thing took off like a bat out of hell. I was very impressed with its performance and the ride quality was also quite surprising as well. But just though I would let you all know! :D

Disclaimer: Thread unofficial until pics posted :D

I think there were actually AC POWERED Xenon lights in a FEW mid 95 or 96 examples, maybe you got one!

illumina
01-11-05, 09:57 PM
i'll race your mark VIII :sneaky: ...i beat one before (many mods on mine) ...

anyways they're fine cars and it is not going to the dark side IMO. going to honda now would be just plum wrong.

have you considered the FWB? or are you actually trying to beat katshot (right?) with something different? i would think the mark VIII is quite mod-able.
have fun dude :cool:

Ralph
01-11-05, 10:21 PM
Right on Blackie, those are beautiful cars!! I love that Pearl color and I also like how the interior trim (wood) wraps right around from the door ends through the dash and onto the other door! Very cool.

I'm assuming the 4.6.

Katshot
01-11-05, 10:30 PM
Yeah, go ahead and pump his ego up so when I lay the smack-down on his candy-ass, it'll hurt that much more! ;)
Ok, I just HAD to say that. Truth be told, the car is really pretty, and in great shape. I know he's real excited about the car, and he should be. I'm sure he'll make a nice car even nicer. Who knows, he might even be able to spend enough to make it faster then my FTS! ;)

davesdeville
01-11-05, 11:14 PM
I'll race it too.

I was considering buying a Mark VIII recently, but there aren't too many around at a good price. I had to decide between a Mark and an Eldorado, I wanted RWD and like the Ford 4.6, but I think the Eldo looks a ton better and since it's going to be my daily driver without mods the northstar is great for that so I went for the ETC.

BeelzeBob
01-12-05, 01:33 PM
Is this the LSC version? Either way, the Mark's have been a favorite of mine for a long time. Before my ETC, I had an '88 Mark VII. I wanted a Mark VIII but got the Eldorado instead - and never looked back. Still, the Mark VIII is much better for modding - and it's a hot car. I'm more into the 97 and 98, but they're a little "softer" riding and a little less sporty..

Do post some pictures! Pearl white is nice... :)

Stoneage_Caddy
01-12-05, 02:09 PM
95 mark ...that was the year i fell in love with them .....

very nice cars ...still got the HUGE brochure for it somewhere ...pearl was the best color ....

i too enjoy the first ones the most ,but i liek the neon taillamps ont he last ones..too bad no one has grated the tailights to the 95s thatd be a neat car as the nose on the 95s looked alot beatter than the pineapple up the arse look of the last cars

D148L0
01-12-05, 02:37 PM
...pearl was the best color ....

Never! black rules... nice car, BTW.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-12-05, 02:50 PM
Never! black rules... nice car, BTW.

sorry its a florida thing , black gets nasty hot and fades to fast ...otherwise a favorite color of mine .....Pearl however ....

evilrussian
01-12-05, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the Mark :thumbsup: My mom's friend, this old lady, asked me to do a tune up on her '93, so I had it for a couple of days. That car was so sweet, I wanted to get one of those too. It was pearl with light beige leather and it had a body and spoiler kit (dealer installed) It rode soo smooth, you'd never think it'd get up and haul ass. The only thing that spoiled the fun was traction control but otherwise if you open it up on a freeway or just rolling it'd plant you in a seat like a muscle car. That 4.6 QOHC got my respect ever since.

Blackout
01-12-05, 08:48 PM
Well I picked her up tonight and no pics for tonight. By the time I got home it was dark and its foggy and raining out here. So tomorrow I'll have some pics of it and it next to the old Caddy and maybe even next to our Mark VII LSC we have also. But I lined up next to Katshot tonighton the highway and I hit it and I pulled him a little bit until he let off but I'm not taking that as any type of serious race but it was cool to see how it stacked up next to his car for a brief little race. So i'm hoping I will have pics for you all tomorrow

Ralph
01-13-05, 08:49 PM
Hey Blackout, here is a pic of one my friend almost bought a few years ago. Can't remember the year of it, but it rode nice enough.

EDIT: I think it says 1996 on the window sticker?

illumina
01-13-05, 08:56 PM
i liked the last couple of years of them the best, but all of the mark VIII's are pretty good looking cars IMO: