Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Has anyone heard this noise?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Coupe. I have just started to hear a noise that sounds like a high pitched rubbing sound from what sounds like below the engine somewhere. It seems to be at speeds over about 45 and up and gets louder when I press on the gas and sometime shows up when letting off the gas while slowing down. It is intermittent in that it does not do it all of the time but when it does it seems to be getting louder.
Any comments/advice is appreciated.

#5 ·
Hello fogey0,

I recommend taking your vehicle into your local Cadillac dealership and discussing this concern with the service advisor. The service advisor will take your vehicle for a test drive to diagnose this concern; I recommend you sit in your vehicle during this test drive as well so you can tell the service technician at which speed and circumstances the vehicle creates this noise for you. Let me know what your plan of action is. I want to continue to stay involved throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#7 ·
I agree it sounds like the rear end. Next time you take your car out while its still cold listen with the windows down for a grinding/clunking sound when you make a relatively sharp turn, preferably at low speed 8-15mph. I had a rear end issue which was resolved with a trip to the dealer and a bottle of friction modifier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.