: GM expands warranty coverage to certified pre-owned Cadillacs

flatrockguy
05-07-13, 10:53 AM
Good news for anyone buying a certified used V...

GM expands warranty coverage to certified pre-owned Cadillacs
The Detroit News

5/6/2013
Page Content

General Motors Co.'s said Monday it is expanding warranty coverage to Cadillac's certified pre-owned vehicles and is adding benefits to enhance the program and attract new buyers to the luxury brand.

Bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage on certified pre-owned Cadillacs is being extended from the original factory warranty of four years or 50,000 miles up to six years or 70,000 miles.

Buyers of a Cadillac certified pre-owned vehicle also will be offered free 24-hour road service, courtesy transportation if their Cadillac needs warranty repairs and a three-month subscription to OnStar and SiriusXM radio.

The luxury brand expects lease returns to double this year.

"Enhancing the certified pre-owned program adds valuable benefits for customers and the entire Cadillac brand," Chase Hawkins, vice president of Cadillac U.S. sales and service, said in a statement. "Improving certified pre-owned supports the ongoing long-term increase in resale value and is another tool that will enable us to attract new customers."

Cadillac owners of 2011 and newer vehicles — except for Florida residents — also can buy Cadillac's premium care maintenance package that covers oil changes, air and cabin filters, tire rotation and recommended vehicle inspections

MD-11
05-07-13, 11:04 AM
so going from 6 years 100000 miles to 6 years 70000 miles is an improvement gotta love the cool-aid. But a quick read of the warranty they might be a full bumper to bumper again.

RippyPartsDept
05-07-13, 11:18 AM
the bumper to bumper looks to be extended an extra year and 20,000 miles ...
looks like that means that CPO period of 6/100 is gone
but they're extending the b2b the extra year and 20k miles

it's a trade-off but it should work out better for owners since the b2b is better than the CPO which didn't cover a bunch of things that the b2b did

Jinx
05-07-13, 11:48 AM
They're reducing their exposure to whiny diffs and rattly blowers and clicky wheels.

austin
05-07-13, 01:30 PM
Good news for anyone buying a certified used V...

GM expands warranty coverage to certified pre-owned Cadillacs
The Detroit News

5/6/2013
Page Content

General Motors Co.'s said Monday it is expanding warranty coverage to Cadillac's certified pre-owned vehicles and is adding benefits to enhance the program and attract new buyers to the luxury brand.

Bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage on certified pre-owned Cadillacs is being extended from the original factory warranty of four years or 50,000 miles up to six years or 70,000 miles.

Buyers of a Cadillac certified pre-owned vehicle also will be offered free 24-hour road service, courtesy transportation if their Cadillac needs warranty repairs and a three-month subscription to OnStar and SiriusXM radio.

The luxury brand expects lease returns to double this year.

"Enhancing the certified pre-owned program adds valuable benefits for customers and the entire Cadillac brand," Chase Hawkins, vice president of Cadillac U.S. sales and service, said in a statement. "Improving certified pre-owned supports the ongoing long-term increase in resale value and is another tool that will enable us to attract new customers."

Cadillac owners of 2011 and newer vehicles — except for Florida residents — also can buy Cadillac's premium care maintenance package that covers oil changes, air and cabin filters, tire rotation and recommended vehicle inspections

I bought my certified V about 4 months ago.... I just asked my dealer about this, and if it applied to me....,, He said it was good for only new certified sales.

RippyPartsDept
05-07-13, 02:01 PM
correct ... only going forward... they can't change the warranty already in effect on a car

Snotty Boom Body
05-07-13, 04:17 PM
But to have a Certified car doesn't that include Buying the extended warranty, it's not something they give you for free or at least they don't tell you that it's tacked onto the price of the car, a $1,900 addition to price, more or less.
That's what one dealer told me, don't know if it's true or not anyone have any idea?

RippyPartsDept
05-07-13, 04:55 PM
the CPO costs the dealer so they pass that along to the new owner ... i think this is much better deal than the previous CPO since it didn't cover interior trim or exterior lamps

extending the bumper to bumper the extra year and 20k miles is a better deal than just the extra year and the extra 50k miles with but not having the full b2b warranty

ddivinia
05-08-13, 02:28 AM
I bought my on 5/3/13. I guess I got right under the wire.

D.

MD-11
05-08-13, 02:46 AM
To me with the miles i drive 1 year and 50k is better. I would much rather have expensive drive train and suspension parts covered than trim and bulbs.

RippyPartsDept
05-08-13, 09:10 AM
drive train is covered to 100k already by the drive train warranty

HUGN*RDS
05-08-13, 09:17 AM
darn my bumper to bumper expires on the 22nd of this month, I am the original owner too. It's unfortunate that they aren't extending this for any previously made sales like dd above (or mine!). gmpp major guard it is.. :/

MD-11
05-08-13, 10:44 AM
Straight from Cadillac's site and one of the reasons i bought a 12 and not a 13

WARRANTY PROTECTION WARRANTY PROTECTION

Cadillac’s Powertrain Warranty offers more years and miles standard than BMW and Mercedes-Benz with 6 years or 70,000 miles8 for 2013 and newer models (5 years or 100,000 miles8 for 2012 and older models)

RippyPartsDept
05-08-13, 10:57 AM
interesting ... thanks for the info

ptrd
05-08-13, 06:54 PM
dang I bought my 11 wagon 1 month ago...at least I have cpo