: Glacier blue metallic w/ black wheels. Barf?

spearfish25
05-07-13, 07:45 AM
Has anyone seen a glacier blue metallic with black wheels? I have one shot at a new v-wagon and its GBM, black wheels and red calipers. It's out of state so I'd have to buy sight unseen. Any thoughts on the appearance if you've seen something similar would be appreciated.

neuronbob
05-07-13, 07:58 AM
Only seen it in pix on this forum. Doesn't look bad at all to me. If you don't like that type of blue, don't buy it....even if it's rare, if you don't like it, you'll have buyer's remorse.

VMoose
05-07-13, 08:48 AM
Make the dealer take a picture and email it to you. I don't think there is any rush, they are making V wagons one more year last I heard...

Random84
05-07-13, 12:53 PM
Make the dealer take a picture and email it to you. I don't think there is any rush, they are making V wagons one more year last I heard...

+1

Ask the salesman to either email them to you or to use his freaking phone and text them. I wouldn't buy a vehicle without photos on principle alone.

spearfish25
05-07-13, 12:58 PM
Got the photos. Actually think it looks good in the wagon. There's another thread but all recent info says no more V-wagon for 2014.

Me Wanna A V
05-07-13, 01:06 PM
I think that looks really great....

If it has the options you want, u should jump all over that!!!!!

spearfish25
05-07-13, 01:10 PM
Agree. It's all in the works now. Hopefully you guys will see a lot more of me around the forum. I've been a big contributor to the The370 forum, but it's shaping up that my 370Z days are coming to a close :).

Me Wanna A V
05-07-13, 01:16 PM
Where do u live?

I see the car is in Cali.....Just wondering what state u live in...

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 01:26 PM
That is a perfect WTP00P? car...

spearfish25
05-07-13, 01:42 PM
Where do u live?

I see the car is in Cali.....Just wondering what state u live in...

I'm in Illinois. Car is gonna get shipped.

----------

That is a perfect WTP00P? car...

I really do like the sleeper quality of the v-wagon. The blue says 'old person' and then the black wheels and red calipers say 'maybe not...'.

VMoose
05-07-13, 02:55 PM
There's another thread but all recent info says no more V-wagon for 2014.

I'd like to see where you are pulling this information from...

spearfish25
05-07-13, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see where you are pulling this information from...

OK. I just spoke with a woman at GM North America. She definitively confirmed the V-wagon will be offered in 2014. Orders start on June 10. When I told the dealer I've been working with, he called GM N/A to check and conceded it's true. So great news. Sorry about the brief misinformation, but that's what 3 dealers told me yesterday!

Random84
05-07-13, 06:38 PM
It looks a lot better than I thought it would. Very light color that might look almost pink in a certain light.

Snotty Boom Body
05-07-13, 09:41 PM
Don't ship it
Fly out and drive it home
Great way to have it all broken in by the time you get home.

spearfish25
05-07-13, 09:52 PM
Don't ship it
Fly out and drive it home
Great way to have it all broken in by the time you get home.

I'd love to but my wife is delivering our first baby today! I'm grounded.

timg
05-07-13, 11:04 PM
I didn't know how the Glacier Blue would look, but that looks great!

OK. I just spoke with a woman at GM North America. She definitively confirmed the V-wagon will be offered in 2014. Orders start on June 10. When I told the dealer I've been working with, he called GM N/A to check and conceded it's true. So great news. Sorry about the brief misinformation, but that's what 3 dealers told me yesterday!

That seems odd. Ordering for the 2013's ended in April and the 2014's won't start until June even though the 2014 models just finish up the production run of the 2nd gen CTS. I can't believe they would freeze all CTS ordering for 1.5-2 months.

Tim

pat2t2f
05-08-13, 06:41 AM
Spearfish,

Congrats and good luck on the baby.

Kluch
05-08-13, 02:36 PM
I'd love to but my wife is delivering our first baby today! I'm grounded.

Nice push present dude! I like the baby blue too! What does your wife get?

spearfish25
05-08-13, 05:47 PM
Thanks everyone. I opted to hold off on the glacier blue wagon and I'll order a 2014 when the ordering starts. While the glacier is better than I thought, it's just not exactly what I'd like. Does ordering commit me to paying MSRP or can I still get a lower price?

Trapspeed
05-08-13, 06:03 PM
Ordering doesn't bind you to jack as far as MSRP. Just make sure to write in incentives as part of the deal.

Jinx
05-08-13, 09:49 PM
spearfish25, thanks for reporting on info closer to the source -- it's hard for dealers to stay up-to-date on every detail.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

What color & configuration will your wagon be?
Do your best to make sure your dealer has allocation.

neuronbob
05-08-13, 10:11 PM
Congrats spearfish25 on the new baby.

pat2t2f
05-09-13, 06:47 AM
I ordered my wagon and got it for $500 above invoice and after other incentives it was $1,500 below invoice. As trap said, have them write on the order that if better deals come around between ordering the car and delivery you get the better deal.

Random84
05-09-13, 07:00 AM
I ordered my wagon and got it for $500 above invoice and after other incentives it was $1,500 below invoice. As trap said, have them write on the order that if better deals come around between ordering the car and delivery you get the better deal.

+1

I was $500 below invoice (NOT MSRP!), but of course there were no incentives at the time of delivery; however when I ordered there were a few things going on that I was expecting. Some people have been able to negotiate in the incentives available when they place their order - I was not (as they are not guaranteed). But everyone's situation is a little different so keep that in mind.

It IS kind of annoying when you already have a 2011 CTS, order a 2013 CTSV new and can't get a freaking $1,000 "loyalty" rebate because they decided to discontinue it the month after you order. : /

spearfish25
05-09-13, 06:51 PM
Because nothing is certain with ordering in a few months (purchase price, delivery time, options, etc) and the glacier blue 2013 is just sitting there ripe for the picking, I changed my mind and I'm pulling the trigger on it.

Hopefully will have it in the driveway later next week. Then I'll post pics and you guys can tell me if I got a terrible looking color or not :). She'll go out for some window tint ASAP.

I was going to say that the wife gets the baby and I get the car. But having the baby in my arms, looks like it's win win for me.

Belairlover
05-09-13, 07:04 PM
Great decision, I have a GBM as well,6-MT, roof and yellow calipers, is yours a 6-MT? By my count, only 3 out there in wagon form, but again buy it because you like the color.

spearfish25
05-09-13, 07:57 PM
Yep, 6MT with red calipers. I flat out refused to consider a slushbox. Drove an auto sedan and didn't like it at all. Would love to see some pics of yours if you don't mind. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this car 'manly' enough with some tint, selective blackouts of various bits, etc. People love to find a 1989 Taurus with a similar blue and then claim it's terrible. But there are similar light blue metallic 458 Ferrari Italias that look incredible.

Belairlover
05-09-13, 08:20 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2013-cadillac-cts-v-general/284553-almost-3-months.html#post3254033

Jinx
05-09-13, 08:25 PM
Having seen the color in person on an ATS, IMHO blackout is the wrong way to go. Ditch the dark wheels for a set of polished ones -- shouldn't be hard to find someone willing to make that swap -- give it a subtle window tint if weather dictates, and then leave the looks be. Better to "own" the color than try to compensate for it. If money is just begging to be spent on the car, spend it on more speed.

All the sharp edges in the styling and all the horses under the hood -- it's plenty manly.

Belairlover
05-09-13, 08:28 PM
no " compensation " here, not feeling the light color wheels on any color

http://www.ocbuickgmccadillac.com/new/CADILLAC/2013-CADILLAC-CTS-V-e840dc720a0d048e011514b2f14eaf12.htm

to each his own

spearfish25
05-09-13, 09:25 PM
Well, the one I'm buying has the satin wheels already, so I'll feel them out before doing anything dramatic. Moving to Florida shortly so tinting it is pretty much mandatory.

spearfish25
05-09-13, 09:34 PM
This is why I laugh when people cringe at the Glacier Blue and liken it to some old POS that has the same color. This F430 is bada$$. Granted the historic Cadillac stigma doesn't help the cause though.

Trapspeed
05-09-13, 10:09 PM
so tinting it is pretty much mandatory.

Understatement of the decade. Especially with summer coming.

Jinx
05-09-13, 11:06 PM
I see the glacier blue metallic and I think of Ricardo Tubbs's 64 DeVille Convertible. Big and sharp and badass.