: plastic gun made from 3 D laser

CadillacCastle
05-07-13, 12:20 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320264/Plastic-pistol-Defense-Distributed-successfully-fires-gun-3-D-printer.html?ito=feeds-newsxml Man from Austin Texas innvents new gun.

BigCadMan_1
05-07-13, 01:01 AM
Now we just need the bullets to be made from 3D laser printer :D

The-Dullahan
05-07-13, 03:42 AM
I recall hearing about this. As I recall, the first several prototypes broke during minor testing (the triggers were not strong enough). The photo in the article seems to suggest this is a common problem with poor designs such as this.

Not sure what the benefits of having a plastic firearm are, aside from I suppose less maintenance, at the sacrifice of durability.

Cadzilla8
05-07-13, 08:38 AM
The purpose is that anyone and everyone can send the file around for the gun plug it into their 3D printer and print themself a gun. Could lead to a lot of problems down the road if they begin producing functioning guns

EcSTSatic
05-07-13, 09:10 AM
The modern day Zip gun

Ranger
05-07-13, 10:49 AM
Not sure what the benefits of having a plastic firearm are, aside from I suppose less maintenance, at the sacrifice of durability.
The big "benefit"/problem is that they are supposedly easy to make and undetectable in a metal detector. Not so in an airport ex-ray machine.

BigCadMan_1
05-07-13, 06:39 PM
The purpose is that anyone and everyone can send the file around for the gun plug it into their 3D printer and print themself a gun. Could lead to a lot of problems down the road if they begin producing functioning guns

Sure, they just need a $30.000.00 dollar plastic image printer & about $3000.00 bucks of polyurethane plastic pellets. $33.000.00 bucks buy a lot illegal guns no matter where you are in the world!

The-Dullahan
05-07-13, 06:53 PM
Exactly. It is not cost effective, it is less durable and seriously, when was the last time that any of you had a near death experience that the only reason you had survived was because you had illegally smuggled a weapon through a metal detector? Never? Yeah...That's what I thought...

dkozloski
05-07-13, 07:32 PM
I've been making rifles and revolvers since I was in high school. I still have a .243 win. made on a Springfield action, a .44 Remington cap and ball revolver from a kit, and a .458 Win Mag made on an Enfield action. In between are a bunch of muzzle loaders and single shot pistols.

Ranger
05-07-13, 09:42 PM
:hmm: What's your point?

dkozloski
05-07-13, 09:51 PM
Anybody can makes guns. Some are better than others.

----------

I was appalled at the introduction of the Nylon 66 by the Remington Arms Company many years ago. They went from precisely machined steel parts to pressed sheet iron and rivets and finished off any semblance of craftsmanship with plastic.

Ranger
05-07-13, 09:59 PM
Anybody can makes guns. Some are better than others.

But the thread is about PLASTIC guns.

BigCadMan_1
05-07-13, 10:25 PM
FP-45 Liberator, cost $2.10

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/madcaddyman/300px-M1942_liberator_zps56da043f.jpg (http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/madcaddyman/media/300px-M1942_liberator_zps56da043f.jpg.html)

Ranger
05-07-13, 10:30 PM
But it's not plastic or made from a laser printer.

I'd be afraid to shoot it.

BigCadMan_1
05-07-13, 10:39 PM
I feel safer with this one!

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii535/madcaddyman/CAV0JO4MCALSXPG4CAQFBDTMCAGXLBA3CANMMFE3CAMBB8QDCA FNLUXLCAIBGBUMCASCT241CAKFZIJFCA4TMJ98CAYIS1U5CAPT BWHYCALEAKLJCA92E4N4CA5M_zpsc766bc49.jpg (http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/madcaddyman/media/CAV0JO4MCALSXPG4CAQFBDTMCAGXLBA3CANMMFE3CAMBB8QDCA FNLUXLCAIBGBUMCASCT241CAKFZIJFCA4TMJ98CAYIS1U5CAPT BWHYCALEAKLJCA92E4N4CA5M_zpsc766bc49.jpg.html)

EChas3
05-07-13, 11:18 PM
Human beings have been dreaming up new ways to kill for many years. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most hadn't been killed over just how many years it's been.

The-Dullahan
05-08-13, 02:40 AM
^The problem is that with the inclusion of the Firearm, a weapon that any retard with a pair of eyes and hands can use, the art behind learning to fight is mostly forgotten. Perhaps what upsets me most about moving away from home is the lack of appreciation and displayable talent in art in the Outlands. Martial Arts are among these. The same reason why the Crossbow was banned by The Pope across Europe (for being an effective weapon to kill an enemy in a cowardly, long-range fashion, without any true skill or training, thereby tipping the scales horribly unevenly) is what the firearm actually came along and was even BETTER at doing.

I like "gun people" for the most part. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can take the time to actually sit down and study any subject, even those that do not interest me (such as cars, but I get along with "car guys" all the same)

However, I occasionally come across these people who feel that because of the extreme talent they possess with a firearm, they are some type of unstoppably killing machine...yet they never have the ability to fight without their precious weapon. It actually makes me very sad to see so few people today know how to fight (be it unarmed or armed melee combat) and that is only ONE type of art. It makes me wonder what the **** they spent their childhood learning when they are unable to properly display any artistic ability.

But you see, these Gun people. Some of them are true artists in their trade. A personal friend of mine (one of my best friends) we have just sort of decided owns "three of everything" so far as firearms go. She also makes and modifies them and caps her own ammunition. Her living space is essentially a futon, some simple furniture here or there throughout the rooms, tables blanketed in specialized equipment and projects being worked on and shelves, lockboxes and drawers full of neatly kept, neatly sorted firearms of all shapes, sizes and vintages. This same kid however, has excellent prowess in martial arts. While not the greatest with a melee weapon (though trained fully in two such arts) she is very well versed in hand-to-hand combat (which is of course, as with most friends, how I met her to begin with). Some of these Gun people can create or study their passion as an artist. But...for the most part, this is maybe 2% of these hardcore gun people.

In spite of advice to acquire one from many people, including the state attorney, I do not need a firearm. I am licensed to carry a weapon and I can get one any time I like (In fact, I already know this same friend, as well as several others, have nice weapons they would willingly give to me) but I don't. If I ever do, I have an assortment of friends with firearms. They can do the bang-bang-shoot-em-up part for me.

All of that being said. I have been shot at dozens of times. Seldom has it been that only single shot was fired. Most times, there were LOTS of bullets fired and on probably a third of them, there were shots coming from more than one person. In spite of this, no one has ever managed to actually hit me, which my friends and relations joke about (Though in recent months, the phrase "They haven't made a bomb big enough to kill Chamus." has become more favourable). Yet most times people have tried to attack me from close-range, they have at least had mild success and landed a hit (not counting the people who I knew would hit me, because they were sparring, fighting professionally, training with me, or perhaps that one drunk guy at a party who wants to fight, but you know better than to hit first) and I wear scars from many of these encounters to this day.

I believe part of the reason for this is that one one truly learns a discipline and invests their life (literally, YEARS of their life) into developing it and making it their own, thereby becoming an Art, in the purest sense of the world, that they will only naturally be far better at it than if they are simply the type of person who does something like collecting a variety of guns and taking them to the range every so often.

Then again, maybe it is because most people training with hand-based weapons or hand-to-hand combat practice against live opponents, instead of a paper target hanging on a hook.

Rant over.

Aztec ETC ECS
05-08-13, 05:17 PM
Bullets will not make it through a metal detector!
I had a single .22 in the lining of my jacket that went through a hole in my pocket.
Didn't know about it. Went through at a courthouse, alarm went off, guard checked me with the wand. It went crazy when he hit the area. I felt the bullet. Luckily, there was a zipper in the same area and I played it off. Nothing further happened except for me needing a change of draws.

talismandave
05-09-13, 12:28 AM
Lucky break, in todays screwed up anti-gun climate, you could have gotten life!

vincentm
05-09-13, 01:39 AM
^The problem is that with the inclusion of the Firearm, a weapon that any retard with a pair of eyes and hands can use, the art behind learning to fight is mostly forgotten. Perhaps what upsets me most about moving away from home is the lack of appreciation and displayable talent in art in the Outlands. Martial Arts are among these. The same reason why the Crossbow was banned by The Pope across Europe (for being an effective weapon to kill an enemy in a cowardly, long-range fashion, without any true skill or training, thereby tipping the scales horribly unevenly) is what the firearm actually came along and was even BETTER at doing.

I like "gun people" for the most part. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can take the time to actually sit down and study any subject, even those that do not interest me (such as cars, but I get along with "car guys" all the same)

However, I occasionally come across these people who feel that because of the extreme talent they possess with a firearm, they are some type of unstoppably killing machine...yet they never have the ability to fight without their precious weapon. It actually makes me very sad to see so few people today know how to fight (be it unarmed or armed melee combat) and that is only ONE type of art. It makes me wonder what the **** they spent their childhood learning when they are unable to properly display any artistic ability.

But you see, these Gun people. Some of them are true artists in their trade. A personal friend of mine (one of my best friends) we have just sort of decided owns "three of everything" so far as firearms go. She also makes and modifies them and caps her own ammunition. Her living space is essentially a futon, some simple furniture here or there throughout the rooms, tables blanketed in specialized equipment and projects being worked on and shelves, lockboxes and drawers full of neatly kept, neatly sorted firearms of all shapes, sizes and vintages. This same kid however, has excellent prowess in martial arts. While not the greatest with a melee weapon (though trained fully in two such arts) she is very well versed in hand-to-hand combat (which is of course, as with most friends, how I met her to begin with). Some of these Gun people can create or study their passion as an artist. But...for the most part, this is maybe 2% of these hardcore gun people.

In spite of advice to acquire one from many people, including the state attorney, I do not need a firearm. I am licensed to carry a weapon and I can get one any time I like (In fact, I already know this same friend, as well as several others, have nice weapons they would willingly give to me) but I don't. If I ever do, I have an assortment of friends with firearms. They can do the bang-bang-shoot-em-up part for me.

All of that being said. I have been shot at dozens of times. Seldom has it been that only single shot was fired. Most times, there were LOTS of bullets fired and on probably a third of them, there were shots coming from more than one person. In spite of this, no one has ever managed to actually hit me, which my friends and relations joke about (Though in recent months, the phrase "They haven't made a bomb big enough to kill Chamus." has become more favourable). Yet most times people have tried to attack me from close-range, they have at least had mild success and landed a hit (not counting the people who I knew would hit me, because they were sparring, fighting professionally, training with me, or perhaps that one drunk guy at a party who wants to fight, but you know better than to hit first) and I wear scars from many of these encounters to this day.

I believe part of the reason for this is that one one truly learns a discipline and invests their life (literally, YEARS of their life) into developing it and making it their own, thereby becoming an Art, in the purest sense of the world, that they will only naturally be far better at it than if they are simply the type of person who does something like collecting a variety of guns and taking them to the range every so often.

Then again, maybe it is because most people training with hand-based weapons or hand-to-hand combat practice against live opponents, instead of a paper target hanging on a hook.

Rant over.

I studied Wing Chun from Sifu Eddie Chong. Direct descendant from Bruce Lee's teacher, Ip Man back home in Sacramento. He also teaches a rare form called White Eyebrow, pretty brutal, but practical and simple art, 90% hands, 10% kicks.

Hoosier Daddy
05-09-13, 10:01 AM
Yeah, nothing beats martial arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc#t=7

Aztec ETC ECS
05-09-13, 11:24 AM
Lucky break, in todays screwed up anti-gun climate, you could have gotten life!
I will perform a full strip search on myself ahead of time before going through again!
(Also had a razor blade in my wallet that they didn't appreciate.)

EcSTSatic
05-09-13, 01:05 PM
I will perform a full strip search on myself ahead of time before going through again!
(Also had a razor blade in my wallet that they didn't appreciate.)

Before we flew last week, I had to remember to remove a credit card knife I keep in my wallet and leave it home.

http://www.boker.de/us/images/large/01bo010.jpg

Aztec ETC ECS
05-09-13, 01:26 PM
Yea, they tend to frown on that.

mackey
05-09-13, 02:01 PM
i like how theyre an anarchist group.

dkozloski
05-09-13, 02:11 PM
But it's not plastic or made from a laser printer.

I'd be afraid to shoot it.It was made by the OSS for distribution to partisans and guerilla fighters in WWII and was entirely safe

The-Dullahan
05-09-13, 04:57 PM
Huh. Of my many court appearances, I never accidentally smuggled weapons into the building. I did however attend court many times with my boots, which contain more metal than any other material. Most of it is sharp. Same with my belt which has a rather large buckle as it is so wide or my wallet chain, which is a cut down industrial tow chain. Never had a problem bringing any of that in, though it would of course set the detectors off and would naturally need to be looked over by the officers present.

I have never been through a metal detector without setting it off (nor will I ever). Usually, I set them off multiple times too. :)

CadillacLuke24
05-10-13, 09:53 PM
yeah, nothing beats martial arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dzcocyhdqc

:lol: DAMN RIGHT!

Tony Alvarado
05-12-13, 06:08 AM
It's good to be armed in the world today. I was actually STABBED last June for no reason... in my neck and wrist area. I'm not a street person, I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've lost some feeling in my hand and neck. If all the right people were armed at all times, we wouldn't have to worry about these punks out there that are waiting to hurt us and the people we care about. I almost lost everything that night. My girlfriend was 6 months pregnant with my first child, my daughter Ava. I thank god for every day I spend with her, and I wish these cowards didn't feel so comfortable running up on innocent people like that. If the two guys that attacked me seen a pistol in their face, then all three of us could have went home unharmed. But, it didn't go down that way....

drewsdeville
05-12-13, 11:25 AM
These cowards that hurt innocent people...they aren't afraid to die. They usually have nothing to lose, which is why they do what they do. Whether you were carrying or not, you most likely would have been stabbed anyway, unfortunately. Perhaps it would have been easier to retaliate after the fact if you were carrying, but it wouldn't have changed the damage you incurred. Any weapon, including guns, aren't crime deterrents... That said, I'm not against carrying, but I wouldn't expect to see significant dropping of crime rates due to everyone being armed.

orconn
05-12-13, 12:33 PM
The crime rate in the US has been falling for the last couple of decades. While I doubt this has anything to do with proliferation of multiple gun ownership, it is a fact.

Tony Alvarado
05-17-13, 07:20 AM
It's a tough call to make. Maybe they would have walked away. Maybe the courts would have a hard time convicting a man for shooting two stab happy meth heads. Either way I'd rather take my chances with a pistol, maybe I should just carry everywhere I go...
Though it would be a pain in the ass...

talismandave
05-17-13, 11:39 AM
I carried daily for about 15 years. It really isn't that hard if you get the right weapon/holster set-up. It takes a lot of trial and error to get the best fit. Can't go cheap on the holster, it is your key to happiness/comfort.
With all the new concealment items on the market today it is probably much easier today than when I carried. Still would limit some clothing choices, but worth it if your work or lifestyle requires it.

CadillacCastle
05-17-13, 03:57 PM
what a dummy , yes lets use martial art instead of giving our soldiers guns. That would be real smart. What an idiot you are. LOL

Rant over.

MoistCabbage
05-17-13, 04:31 PM
what a dummy , yes lets use martial art instead of giving our soldiers guns. That would be real smart. What an idiot you are. LOL

??? How did you get that out if what he typed?

The-Dullahan
05-22-13, 06:18 AM

This kid is ****ing dense. When you grow up and you're a little and you're older, maybe you'll get it.

On top of your being blatantly intolerant of people's religious or life choices, a known and proudly outspoken racist and a general douchebag, it turns out you're illiterate as well.

Good on ya. Your Mum must be proud.

Call it intuition, but I feel we won't be hearing much from you for a while.

----------

??? How did you get that out if what he typed?

I swear, this kid must be on drugs.

----------

I was actually STABBED last June for no reason. I've lost some feeling in my hand and neck. I almost lost everything that night..

Welcome to my life. Feeling is highly over-rated anyhow, you just have to make sure NOT to sit on the radiator in your friend's apartment when it is on, because you'll never notice...funny story.

Still though, I must agree with Drew. Having a firearm may not have had any difference, unless you had the foresight to know that they had planned to pull weapons on you or the time between the actual incident began and the stabbing itself to draw your own weapon. While they would have likely fled then, this is only if it happened that way (not sure if it did or not, as you haven't explained that part). If it did, then yes, but if not, the firearm still however may have ended the event sooner, as had you been stabbed the first time, you would have likely had time to remove your weapon before the second.

talismandave
05-22-13, 10:19 PM
Even if they get all their "stabs" in, you can still plan on tagging them before you release them. Makes identifying them much easier.