: speedometer quit 05 Escalade

Nrubkcalb
05-06-13, 10:50 PM
The speedometer on my 05 Escalade dropped to zero while driving about 30mph. I thought I heard a slight squeak or noise just before it happened. What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill

the cadillac man
05-07-13, 12:35 AM
The speedometer on my 05 Escalade dropped to zero while driving about 30mph. I thought I heard a slight squeak or noise just before it happened. What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill

Most likely the stepper motor took a crap(common problem)

But if you know how to soldier you can replace it easy

Nrubkcalb
05-09-13, 02:33 PM
OK I've had a spontaneous recovery. For some reason the speedo has started working again. Do stepper motors fail once and permanently or could this be a loose wire? What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill

grayparatrooper
05-09-13, 03:32 PM
check cl there are a couple local that fix the whole thing for like 50-100

the cadillac man
05-09-13, 03:45 PM
Here is a site for repairs

www.gmgaugeguy.com lifetime warranty also

RippyPartsDept
05-09-13, 05:33 PM
official repairs are from specmo, united radio, etc ... GM extended the warranty on these for certain years

might be worth checking with a dealer to make sure you are or aren't covered

Caddy2004X
05-14-13, 05:02 AM
Stepper motors can be purchased on eBay for pennys. If you know how to solder it's very easy to do. I would suggest replacing all of them at one time. No their is no wire. The recall is for 70,000 miles or less. anything more to 80,000 miles you will have to pay labor. I was told for one replacement 700-950 at the dealer. three beers later it was back in the truck and working great. Their is a video on youtube as well. So easy to do and the cash you save. By the way there is no reprogramming involved either. After you watch the video the guy showes you how to regauge each dial. Very easy to do. I actually replaced eachas they went out, then I just did 6 at one time. Now they work great, did it in my kitchen on the counter with 5 beers. If you need more detail send me a message. I actually give you answers unlike some of these folks, quick to say take it to the dealer.

kdbvulcan
05-23-13, 09:19 AM
whats the youtube video called...i need to replace my stepper motor and dont want to screw nuthn up worse then wat it is already