: Park sensors

DTurmel
05-06-13, 08:41 PM
This happened twice in the past week: put car in reverse and park sensors turn on and beeps correctly. Put the car in drive from reverse, the park sensors should stay on until a certain speed is reached but found they turned off as soon as I put in drive.

Anyone has seen this before? Anything I can reset or other quick fix? I doubt the dealer won't be able to do anything unless the problem happens ....I'll still ask them to take a look at next service.

jcarlilesiu
05-08-13, 04:15 PM
Are you sure that the sensors turned off, or was there just no obstruction in front of you?

Near the gear selector, when you put it in reverse the park assist light will light up. Does that light go out as soon as you put it in drive?

If so, that is an issue.

DTurmel
05-08-13, 09:21 PM
Are you sure that the sensors turned off, or was there just no obstruction in front of you?

Near the gear selector, when you put it in reverse the park assist light will light up. Does that light go out as soon as you put it in drive?

If so, that is an issue.

I like to back in the garage, close the door and use the sensors to get closer to the door to get more space at the back - the two times it happened I didnt hear the beeps when moving forward and saw the light went out when I put it in drive - I agree it shouldn't do this. Was wondering if anybody else has seen this.

Thanks