: Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

r34220
05-06-13, 09:01 PM
What products you you used to clean/condition your leather? I would like to fine something that doesn't leave a shine especially for the dash.

gohawks63
05-06-13, 10:12 PM
I have used Lexol products for years.

Last year traded in a 2006 Acura RL and a 2004 Toyota Landcruiser with 95,000 and 150,000 miles respectively. The Landcruiser especially endured small kids and 3 dogs for the entire time it served us. Not a crack in the leather.

For the dash I used Meguiar's Interior Detailer. No gloss.

kipsts
05-07-13, 12:31 PM
I have been using Zaino's Z-10 Leather in a Bottle for years on my cars with great success. It keeps the leather soft and protects it while leaving a nice leather aroma. :cool2:

joesboat
05-07-13, 12:52 PM
If you dont want to mail order stuff thats 3x more expensive then just pick up Lexol leather cleaner and the conditioner as well. You'll spend about 5.00 on each bottle and they'll last at least a year. It's good stuff, if you follow the directions you'll notice a cleaner/softer seat within minutes.

r34220
05-07-13, 03:34 PM
Does the Lexol leave a shine? I want to avoid that for the leather dash.

joesboat
05-08-13, 02:13 PM
No, there isn't that dreaded silicone wet shine.

The Lexol stuff gives off a matte, very very light shine. Some would say it's too light and doesn't shine at all but that's how I prefer my interior to look......8 years old, no shine, no cracks, no splits, still soft etc.

My cars are cleaner then anything out there haha.

gohawks63
05-08-13, 05:29 PM
No, there isn't that dreaded silicone wet shine.

The Lexol stuff gives off a matte, very very light shine. Some would say it's too light and doesn't shine at all but that's how I prefer my interior to look......8 years old, no shine, no cracks, no splits, still soft etc.

My cars are cleaner then anything out there haha.

Ditto that!

bthomas22
06-24-13, 09:46 PM
What do you guys reccomend for the XTS with the vented seats?

gohawks63
06-26-13, 09:54 PM
What do you guys reccomend for the XTS with the vented seats?

Same thing I already recommended. My CTS has vented seats.

kipsts
06-26-13, 10:50 PM
I have used Zaino's Z-10 Leather in a Bottle for years on my cars including my STSs with ventilated seats. It keeps the leather soft, no shine and repellant to normal liquids. I particularly like that you put it on (sometimes use my hands to apply it directly) and it gets absorbed without needing any buffing. The post application aroma is just like when your leather seats were brand new. :cool2:

bthomas22
06-27-13, 11:06 PM
Thank you for the recommendations!

TomD1951
07-15-13, 10:58 AM
How often do you recommend treating the leather items?
Can you use it on the steering wheel cover? Of course this is a moot point because i already did it.
I forgot to add this earlier, the top dash pad is leather (not the vent grill) isn't it?

Lizbill
07-20-13, 07:30 PM
I forgot to add this earlier, the top dash pad is leather (not the vent grill) isn't it?

Good question. I know my seats are leather but what about the dash? My dash is kinda brown looking; real good looking, but I don't think it is leather.

rtrgjr
07-20-13, 08:02 PM
I found Griots Leather care the best, does not make slippery and smells great while cleaning and adding back
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/leather+care+spray+35+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks