Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V-wagon Rear Overhang Height

917 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  spearfish25 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm a moment away from completing a deal on a 2013 V-wagon but I have one minor detail I need to iron out. My garage is 187" deep and then there is a step up of about 8" before it extends another 3 feet. Given the wagon is 192" long, the car won't fit in the garage unless the rear overhang (back into the garage) will fit over the 8" step up. Can someone with a V-wagon run out to the garage and measure the rear overhang height? I just need the ground to bottom of the exhaust or other lowest point height. I move in 2 months, so it shouldn't stop the purchase, but I'm not excited to park the new car on the street for a couple months.

#2 ·
I just measured my 2013 V-Wagon. You will be fine with about 1" to spare but you will want to get help the first time backing in and setting up stops for the tires on the floor because if you get in too far clearance starts to drop and you could get in a little trouble.

#8 ·
spearfish25 said:
Thanks Doug. How far do you think I could back up over the step before I'd get into trouble? Every inch is going to count. Otherwise it's off to Home Depot to build a little ramp to back onto.
Probably could get in up to 5 more inches. It was tough to judge as the height slopes down to the mufflers and I had not assistant to hold the tape. A ramp/ wheel stop would make a good safety net though. As I said before get some help the first time and use a gentle touch. Then mark the sweet spot and build whatever fail safe you need. The point is you can do it without using a jack hammer. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.