: OnStar Trial Period

stone425
05-06-13, 02:56 PM
I recently purchased a 2012 SRX dealer demo with 11,500 miles. I'm the first registered individual owner for this vehicle. The state tax commission assessed me the new car tax for the tag. The SRX window sticker says "12 months Onstar Directions & Connections" but my Onstar account shows it expires in June. I called OnStar and they said I need to talk to the dealer. The dealer said Onstar considers my SRX a used car because of the mileage. Any comments or suggestions?

Submariner409
05-06-13, 03:15 PM
It IS a used car - regardless of who owned/drove it. You can push the OnStar button on the mirror, log on the Internet, or call an OnStar rep to set up your own account. What's the build date of your car ? - on the driver's door sticker. I think that's the beginning of the one year "trial". After that, you (or whomever the car is titled to/owned by) are responsible for the bill.

I have never had a second's trouble with the system, even during/after my car's conversion from the analog to digital system in 11/07. Because I am a repeat subscriber I get 500 minutes a year - free - for the handsfree phone feature.

Hoosier Daddy
05-06-13, 08:20 PM
I recently purchased a 2012 SRX dealer demo with 11,500 miles. I'm the first registered individual owner for this vehicle. The state tax commission assessed me the new car tax for the tag. The SRX window sticker says "12 months Onstar Directions & Connections" but my Onstar account shows it expires in June. I called OnStar and they said I need to talk to the dealer. The dealer said Onstar considers my SRX a used car because of the mileage. Any comments or suggestions?
I would tell the dealer you expected a year of OnStar and want them to pony up for it. If they refuse and you don't agree with their reasoning, PM or call Cadillac Customer Services. If they agree with you, they might be able to help.

EChas3
05-06-13, 09:56 PM
Demo's 'In-service' date is the date the buyer accepts delivery of the car. If this has changed, the GM is screwing Demo buyers & dealers. That includes all new car features.

Be polite but firm. If necessary, ask the key question. "Do you ever want to sell me another car?"