: Mositure in P/S headlight

bbbeast1
05-06-13, 09:02 AM
Hi,
Just like the subject states, I have moisture collection on the lens(inside) of the passenger side headlight.

Does anyone know of an easy fix, I can try?

Thanks,
Don

thebigjimsho
05-06-13, 12:01 PM
How much? If its a little foggy, it is normal. If there are water droplets forming, that's not normal.

baabootoo
05-07-13, 12:43 AM
I just had that too, but it dried up. There are vent holes and sometimes it takes a while. The dealer told me that they don't even look at it if it's not over half covered.

bbbeast1
05-08-13, 09:25 AM
Yea, its just alill foggy say, a 3rd of the way up from the bottom.

TheDarkKnight
05-09-13, 07:56 PM
You can take the light out, run a bead of clear latex around the whole outside

mpouls1
05-09-13, 11:52 PM
I had condensation, decent size droplets that would not dry/clear up for almost a week even with temp. changes and humidity. It ran about 1/3 up the housing. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. Some members have condensation and have had the dealership look at it and say it is normal. My S/A took one look and said we'll replace it. Depends on dealership I guess and how bad it is. The housing is SEALED.

dr.duct_mossburg
05-10-13, 02:42 PM
Same here. Passenger side was fogged up a little out of the blue like 2 week's ago. Dealer replaced it.

baabootoo
05-11-13, 02:03 PM
My dealer also swears it has drain/vent holes in it to. Either way, I have my DRLs off, so the lens doesn't see much heat, and it dried up on it's own great during a warm/dry spell.

bbbeast1
05-20-13, 09:29 AM
Yea, it's cleared up, for now. We'll see how it develops over the next few weeks.

Thanks for the replies.