: Help, Squeaking when I hit small bumps in the back.

SpyShops NY
05-06-13, 12:49 AM
This is been going on for a while when I am driving and I hit small bumps I hear a noise coming from the rear right. I heard someone had replaced the rear shocks and still it didn't work. I am suppose to take my car to the dealer next week but I don't want to buy rear shocks if it doesn't cure the problem.

Alpha.Romeo
05-06-13, 01:16 AM
Hi

Well i had a squicking noise coming from the rear right...
In my case it was the rear cover that had been broken and that was tubing against the window...
I was searching for nearly 2 months until I found out what it was. It was freaking me out to search for such a long period. And it was chance that mad me find the problem... I was once closing the rear door and heading backwards and as the door slammed in and I passed by the rear window I heard the sound... So maybe you check that first
Greetings from Munich

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-09-13, 08:24 AM
This is been going on for a while when I am driving and I hit small bumps I hear a noise coming from the rear right. I heard someone had replaced the rear shocks and still it didn't work. I am suppose to take my car to the dealer next week but I don't want to buy rear shocks if it doesn't cure the problem.

Hello SpyShops NY,

I would wait to purchase any vehicle parts until after your dealership visit. Please update us after your vehicle diagnosis!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Ozzy12
05-10-13, 07:56 AM
This is going to sound stupid but I had a squeak on my brand new '13 and it was driving me nuts. Sounded like a mouse chirping in the rear when you'd hit imperfections in the road. Here it was when you have the third row seat upright, the shoulder of the seat rubs against the pillar and it was enough to squeak. Been rolling around now for four weeks with the seat backs flipped down(not the seat all the way flipped up as that causes other rattles) and its been all good.

SpyShops NY
05-10-13, 08:55 PM
I had the third row seats out and it happens from the right rear, I don't want to buy shocks bc they are good. It comes and goes as well.