: Caddy at AutoX

kmb32687
05-05-13, 11:39 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/jetta32687/475015_453873344699016_485876684_o1_zps3efba1c1.jp g (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/jetta32687/media/475015_453873344699016_485876684_o1_zps3efba1c1.jp g.html)

2nd gear is too short for autox. I wish the 2nd gear ratio is lower than 2.62. 2.20 would be perfect. Oh well, just have to get use to it.

Other than that, it was fun! Great car for autox.

Stevo Supremo
05-05-13, 11:43 PM
very cool! gonna be taking mine to the track in june, cant wait!

M5eater
05-06-13, 10:00 AM
My dream! How big is your parking lot? Ours is slightly smaller than a football field, although if I go up to richmond, we're talking mall-sized spaces.

IE, the smaller one might let me stay in second.

kmb32687
05-06-13, 11:04 AM
My dream! How big is your parking lot? Ours is slightly smaller than a football field, although if I go up to richmond, we're talking mall-sized spaces.

IE, the smaller one might let me stay in second.

The size is about medium. The fastest I could go is around 50 to 55. Just keep your eyes on RPM.

thebigjimsho
05-06-13, 03:53 PM

IE, the smaller one might let me stay in second.You should come up to MA. Our local course is on a defunct airfield at Devens. Nothing like a 1.5 mile autocross course.

M5eater
05-07-13, 09:39 AM
You should come up to MA. Our local course is on a defunct airfield at Devens. Nothing like a 1.5 mile autocross course.
I may start doing that here shortly(heading toward Richmond, MA is a stretch..) . The people down here have to double back into the course, and as you might imagine it's a jumbled nightmare most of the time.

You know it's a bad course when the freaking course designer manages to run off-course. Then, naturally, I get false 'off course' calls because no one else really knows where the hell they're supposed to go. I could go on... basically though the only good qualities of this place is that you never have to run far to pickup a cone :D

/rant over.

kmb32687
05-07-13, 01:28 PM
Forgot to tell you, the tires sucks. I was sliding the whole time. The tires we have is not design for autox.

Really need a sticky tires for AutoX. Just be careful and don't hit any cones!

M5eater
05-07-13, 02:01 PM
Are you on the allseason runflats or the summers?

I don't even know what they use for the all seasons, I think the summers are bridgestone RE050s? I've had RE050's before, I always found them 'adequate' but when you've got a sentra with brand spanking new Rivals 3 wheeling all the time.. they comparatively suck bawlz. They feel a lot like the sport Comp2's I have on the corvette Now.

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 02:15 PM
I may start doing that here shortly(heading toward Richmond, MA is a stretch..) . The people down here have to double back into the course, and as you might imagine it's a jumbled nightmare most of the time.

You know it's a bad course when the freaking course designer manages to run off-course. Then, naturally, I get false 'off course' calls because no one else really knows where the hell they're supposed to go. I could go on... basically though the only good qualities of this place is that you never have to run far to pickup a cone :D

/rant over.

True, our course is so huge I'm ready to pass out after the session with snagging cones. That's what I'll miss most about the V2. It was so nice to drive home...

xtheunknown
05-07-13, 04:07 PM
The size is about medium. The fastest I could go is around 50 to 55. Just keep your eyes on RPM.
OK, what is this and how do I particpate? I am within striking distance of Devens!

thebigjimsho
05-07-13, 05:14 PM
OK, what is this and how do I particpate? I am within striking distance of Devens!

There are a number of groups that run at Devens. I'll get you some info. There's one group I run with. I know the guy who runs it. It's a nice motley crue of cars. It's a relatively safe, fun way of exercising your car. It's around $50-75 for the day and you get about 6-8 runs of a 1.5 mile course full of twists and turns.

You'll be running in 2 groups and you help out by shagging cones when you're not driving. But its a lot of fun, you get a lot of cool cars to look at and cool people to meet.

kmb32687
05-07-13, 06:04 PM
Are you on the allseason runflats or the summers?

I don't even know what they use for the all seasons, I think the summers are bridgestone RE050s? I've had RE050's before, I always found them 'adequate' but when you've got a sentra with brand spanking new Rivals 3 wheeling all the time.. they comparatively suck bawlz. They feel a lot like the sport Comp2's I have on the corvette Now.

Yes, I was running allseason runflats tires. Just terrible!

FYI, my tires and rims are for sale. I would like to trade in with 18 inch rims. The one that came with performance package. PM for more info!

M5eater
05-08-13, 11:50 AM
If the all-seasons are equivalently both mediocre and now 7 years old, I can see why people have traction issues with them.

I really have no idea why they're using a tire at the max-end of it's life in a car they want to tout as at the leading edge in it's market.

but then again, I'm full of logic and stuff. Silly me.

xtheunknown
05-08-13, 01:17 PM
There are a number of groups that run at Devens. I'll get you some info. There's one group I run with. I know the guy who runs it. It's a nice motley crue of cars. It's a relatively safe, fun way of exercising your car. It's around $50-75 for the day and you get about 6-8 runs of a 1.5 mile course full of twists and turns.

You'll be running in 2 groups and you help out by shagging cones when you're not driving. But its a lot of fun, you get a lot of cool cars to look at and cool people to meet.
Sounds like fun.

jph
05-10-13, 03:26 PM
2nd gear is too short for autox. I wish the 2nd gear ratio is lower than 2.62. 2.20 would be perfect. Oh well, just have to get use to it.

what speed does 2nd gear on the MT top out at?

J.

kmb32687
05-11-13, 10:53 PM
what speed does 2nd gear on the MT top out at?

J.

Around 50mph I think.

avizandum
06-02-13, 11:01 AM
Around 50mph I think.

61 mph at 7k - manual

67 mph at 7k - automatic

Jroca64
03-27-14, 09:31 PM
Devens is great I ran plenty of Porsche events up there, awesome site. Taking the caddy this weekend for its first event

Jerzeyboy730
03-30-14, 06:50 PM
Running my first cross in a few weeks!!!!

M5eater
04-14-14, 11:02 AM
I just ran the slushbox at a local medium sized course, I have to admit, I'm very surprised at the PAL shifting in the car. It kept me in the right gear 95% of the time, or was fast enough to get me there without hesitation or upsetting the car, vast improvement over the 6L90E language in the CTS-V and a complete character reversal of when it's in touring mode, which is to say, it sucks in touring mode. This trans LOVES to shift fast and hold gears when it's being thrown around. I actually just let it do it's thing all 6 runs which was great given it was a double backing and let me concentrate in not going off course.

I'm having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment actually, in whether I will want a 6MT in an ATS-V. It was that good.

M5eater
04-14-14, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLX-wkTRqo&feature=share&list=UUwTs-9J4UHC0DL6SlvUjYxw

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_0392.jpg (http://s813.photobucket.com/user/blmlozz/media/DSC_0392.jpg.html)

transam00
04-21-14, 09:07 PM
I'm jealous .

Jroca64
05-20-14, 08:47 AM
I ran my ATS 3 weeks ago at a autocross at the NJ Meadowlands, I held my own in D class, it was a fast course with close to 70 MPH, The car is well balanced, trans ,and brakes are excellent, but it is still a big car compared to almost everything else auto crossing. I found the throttle modulation to be the toughest as thelag time can become a problem, the car is also heavy again compared to almost everything out there. Still all in all I had a great time, and managed to beat some lighter and faster cars, the 19 inch wheels with 275, and 245 were a big help. Next event in 2 weeks back at the Meadowlands.

Aonarch
05-20-14, 05:57 PM
I've only had mine for a week, but I am an SCCA member and plan on doing quite a few autoxs.