: Can I put a 2006 STS 4.6l N* in my 2005 STS w/o any issues with ecm or install?

Katmann
05-05-13, 01:35 PM
Ive been told there are no issues on using the two different ears and engines...but of course this is coming from the person selling the 2006 N* engine. Ineed to know asap :cookoo::suspect::cynic::wisdom:

1BadCadSTS
05-05-13, 01:47 PM
Same motor.

Will work just fine.

Charles Warren
05-05-13, 02:56 PM
nosey me, what happened to the original??

Katmann
05-05-13, 04:56 PM
Well i still have it, unfortunately I allowed it to go into camel mode several times, in other words it has got very very hot and Im getting 20 plus codes coming up when scanned. most of which are sensors . Which I had planned to slowly replace as I could afford, until recently I have come across a 2006 N* with 58000 miles on it and the only need it has is to have the oil pan resealed in order to stop a slow leak. The price I am able to get the complete engine with half the miles of my engine is less than the cost of the maf, coolant temp sensor, and knock sensor. So I feel it is better to replace the old with the newer. and then sell the 2005 to offset my repair cost. The 2005 is still sound with no coolant in oil and still runs even with all the codes .

EChas3
05-05-13, 05:41 PM
Make sure the 2006's leak is really the oil pan and not a leak from the mating of engine halves. Not a lot of members have reported it, but it is one of the few issues that still get reported with noticable frequency.

1BadCadSTS
05-05-13, 06:14 PM
Well i still have it, unfortunately I allowed it to go into camel mode several times, in other words it has got very very hot and Im getting 20 plus codes coming up when scanned. most of which are sensors . Which I had planned to slowly replace as I could afford, until recently I have come across a 2006 N* with 58000 miles on it and the only need it has is to have the oil pan resealed in order to stop a slow leak. The price I am able to get the complete engine with half the miles of my engine is less than the cost of the maf, coolant temp sensor, and knock sensor. So I feel it is better to replace the old with the newer. and then sell the 2005 to offset my repair cost. The 2005 is still sound with no coolant in oil and still runs even with all the codes .

How did you let it overheat several times?

orange57
05-06-13, 01:54 AM
How did you let it overheat several times?

that's my question too...

Katmann
05-14-13, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately where the overflow hose attaches to the radiator had been broken by the previous owner and quik fixed by using jb weld to adhere the nipple that the hose attaches to. After sometime I guess the heat broke the jb weld down and the entire piece fell off during driving so I had nothing to attach my overflow hose to. My neighbor came up with a solution, or so it seemed involving some two way vacuum connectors and some rtv gasket covered by some waterproof epoxy. This did not work for long and as I was driving I lost all my coolant and another two gallons of coolant driving ten miles to get to work. I stopped and thought I had repaired it enuf to get to work, but apparently not. On the way home is when it cameled out and now makes clanging noise when started.