: P0161 engine code

CaddyEscalade
05-05-13, 10:12 AM
My caddy has tripped this code. From a google search looks like o2 sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have stock exhaust system, what sensor do I need to replace? Is there a way to test them?

Thanks!

the cadillac man
05-05-13, 11:41 AM
My caddy has tripped this code. From a google search looks like o2 sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have stock exhaust system, what sensor do I need to replace? Is there a way to test them?

Thanks!

I think there is four o2 sensors you will need to find out which one it is that needs replacing
Try unplugging them one at a time and if there is a extra code or not

Sentinelist
05-05-13, 01:14 PM
A quick search looks like your Bank 2 Sensor 2 sensor. I'm going through this myself (see other thread)... not sure which side this is on yet myself, but they are easily accessible under the truck.

the cadillac man
05-05-13, 02:23 PM
A quick search looks like your Bank 2 Sensor 2 sensor. I'm going through this myself (see other thread)... not sure which side this is on yet myself, but they are easily accessible under the truck.

Bank 2 is right side bank 1 is left side

CaddyEscalade
05-06-13, 12:01 AM
I reset the code and will see how long it takes to come back, are the o2 sensors important? Maybe they should all be replaced? I have about 170k kms. Are they all the same? Thanks for the help!

the cadillac man
05-06-13, 02:19 AM
I reset the code and will see how long it takes to come back, are the o2 sensors important? Maybe they should all be replaced? I have about 170k kms. Are they all the same? Thanks for the help!

If you want to you can replace all four (as far as them being the same I am not sure as I have never had to replace one)

CaddyEscalade
05-31-13, 06:52 PM
Update... It was just a broken wire on passenger side rear o2 sensor.

the cadillac man
06-01-13, 12:03 AM
Update... It was just a broken wire on passenger side rear o2 sensor.

Wow simple and cheap fix
Glad to hear you got it fixed