: Group buy BNR/TRIFECTA TUNE/CABLE Group buy

Pages : 1 [2]

BNRacing
06-19-13, 04:41 PM
A quick note for some of you- Anybody that has a VIN starting with 1G6AA, has an automatic transmission, has the 2.0T engine, and purchased during the BNR ATS Group Buy should contact us for an update.

We've recently made some new advances on those particular tunes and are also going to include some new GM updates. Please PM me here to get the update.

pissedoffwookiee
06-21-13, 07:11 AM
Had a fun idea for BNR.....is there any way the tune can unlock competitive mode for us non MRC owners, that would be so sweet, and just the push i need to go buy a new laptop so i can buy and implement the tune....just a thought

romanats
06-21-13, 09:33 PM
Jerry just send you PM to get my updated file

Siren05
06-21-13, 10:27 PM
Jerry just send you PM to get my updated file
Your gonna love it!

romanats
06-21-13, 10:46 PM
much improved ?

Siren05
06-22-13, 07:20 AM
^^^^^^
Night and day

romanats
06-22-13, 08:44 AM
still waiting for my file from BNR

Siren05
06-22-13, 08:59 AM
Keep in mind.these are OTS tunes every car takes them different.

ATS_maxblack
06-24-13, 06:56 AM
The new tune update made the biggest difference for me. Must be something about the specific VIN cars. BNR care to elaborate? Happy thus far.

bungee91
06-24-13, 08:41 AM
Are any of these GM updates or advancements applicable to manual transmission vehicles?.. Just wondering.

MyersBalls
06-30-13, 03:33 PM
Just loaded the updated tune and there is a noticeable difference. After a bit more driving I will share more details. I do like that I can now see the gear I'm in on the dash display.

Curious about the hp and torque ratings others are seeing.

TX_ATS
07-05-13, 09:56 PM
BNR, any chance you can start up another group buy? I'm pretty sure there are quite a few members ready to pull the trigger now, myself included.

ATScape
07-07-13, 12:18 PM
Are any of these GM updates or advancements applicable to manual transmission vehicles?.. Just wondering.

This. BNR can you shed some light on what this magic fix is and why it doesn't apply to manual cars? Seems like we are missing out on something that would make us a lot happier...

BNRacing
07-07-13, 06:55 PM
There is nothing new for the manual trans, it was just some stuff Trifecta updated in the tune to get the auto guys to the same power the manual trans guys have had since the beginning. Also they rolled in some new GM TCM updates.

Hoosier Daddy
07-07-13, 07:38 PM
There is nothing new for the manual trans, it was just some stuff Trifecta updated in the tune to get the auto guys to the same power the manual trans guys have had since the beginning. Also they rolled in some new GM TCM updates.
I don't recall. Did the auto trans guys know when they ordered they were getting significantly less power than the manual trans tune buyers were getting?

Siren05
07-08-13, 11:19 AM
Nope. But my power is good now.tune updated

Hoosier Daddy
07-08-13, 12:15 PM
I don't recall. Did the auto trans guys know when they ordered they were getting significantly less power than the manual trans tune buyers were getting?

Nope. But my power is good now.tune updated
Thanks. I was asking to get a feel for how forthcoming a company is about that kind of thing.

To BNR: Can you explain why you didn't inform automatic transmission customers they weren't getting the same power as the manual trans customers?

TIA

donavo
07-08-13, 01:40 PM
Thanks. I was asking to get a feel for how forthcoming a company is about that kind of thing.

To BNR: Can you explain why you didn't inform automatic transmission customers they weren't getting the same power as the manual trans customers?

TIA

i personaly think everyone got the same ammount of power in the beginning, but the new update ppl got even more power with the recent update.

Hoosier Daddy
07-08-13, 01:48 PM
There is nothing new for the manual trans, it was just some stuff Trifecta updated in the tune to get the auto guys to the same power the manual trans guys have had since the beginning.

i personaly think everyone got the same ammount of power in the beginning, but the new update ppl got even more power with the recent update.
Donavo, BNR say's that isn't the case. They clearly said the auto trans buyers originally got less power than the manual trans customers did. Later the auto trans customers (only) got an update that made them even. And the auto trans customers said it was a MAJOR increase.

donavo
07-08-13, 02:22 PM
Donavo, BNR say's that isn't the case. They clearly said the auto trans buyers originally got less power than the manual trans customers did. Later the auto trans customers (only) got an update that made them even. And the auto trans customers said it was a MAJOR increase.

not all auto trans guys got updated though. some of them had the power from the first tune. but Siren says the updated tune is night and day compared to the tune he got first. that makes me wonder if the tune he got first was anything at all....because for it to be night and day comparing old tune vs updated tune, then the old tune might as well be stock. cuz for me right now, tune to stock is not even night and day. on top of that, at the end of the group buy when everyone got their tunes, everyone pretty much was very happy with the tune. meaning it was definitely better than stock. what im saying is that basically i think everyone got about the same power boost. now this updated tune for a certain people seems to be a bit better. so if u follow me so far, i do think everyone got the same exact power boost with the first tune, and now a certain number of people have the updated, better tune. thats just my opinion though.

Siren05
07-08-13, 10:07 PM
not all auto trans guys got updated though. some of them had the power from the first tune. but Siren says the updated tune is night and day compared to the tune he got first. that makes me wonder if the tune he got first was anything at all....because for it to be night and day comparing old tune vs updated tune, then the old tune might as well be stock. cuz for me right now, tune to stock is not even night and day. on top of that, at the end of the group buy when everyone got their tunes, everyone pretty much was very happy with the tune. meaning it was definitely better than stock. what im saying is that basically i think everyone got about the same power boost. now this updated tune for a certain people seems to be a bit better. so if u follow me so far, i do think everyone got the same exact power boost with the first tune, and now a certain number of people have the updated, better tune. thats just my opinion though.

Hey all

Dunno but I have seen to separate STIs both bone stock take OTS(off the shelf) MAPS/tunes on dyno with a 20-30 awhp difference on back to back dyno pulls. Unless you get a protune or datalog and update tune not every car gets dialled in the same way.

BNRacing
07-08-13, 10:30 PM

TIA

I honestly don't know. My understanding from Trifecta is that there isn't a commanded torque or anything that we're trying to hit, it was just something that was causing them not to make the same power. It wasn't planned that way and we weren't purposely giving people less power than other people or anything. I personally think it may have been something in the way the auto limits the torque, they must have found something to change to make the same power come in and stay in. And then they also said they rolled in some TCM updates that were put out by GM. I really don't know more than that, but really it doesn't matter as everyone is making great power now it seems. This only affected 4-5 people from what I understand, and it was taken care of. Maybe it was something in those particular car's OS, who knows.

And donavo IS making good power. I'm showing 300HP and 340TQ even though his intake temps are over 150*F

Nite_Hawk
07-08-13, 11:51 PM
And donavo IS making good power. I'm showing 300HP and 340TQ even though his intake temps are over 150*F

This at the wheels or Crank?

BNRacing
07-09-13, 12:17 AM
It's as calculated by the ECM. Probably crank. It would be a good bit higher if it wasnt 150 degree air

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

EnvoyBu
07-09-13, 01:02 AM
Did you upgrade the 3.6L tune?

Chuck C
07-09-13, 09:57 AM
I apologize if this has been asked, but does the trifecta tune negatively impact fuel efficiency?

BNRacing
07-09-13, 10:58 AM
Did you upgrade the 3.6L tune?

No, only certain VINs with the auto and 2.0T were updated

----------

I apologize if this has been asked, but does the trifecta tune negatively impact fuel efficiency?

Nope, fuel economy will either go up a couple MPGs or remain the same (most likely will go down at first as you won't be able to keep your foot out of it!)

Hoosier Daddy
07-09-13, 02:37 PM
I honestly don't know. My understanding from Trifecta is that there isn't a commanded torque or anything that we're trying to hit, it was just something that was causing them not to make the same power. It wasn't planned that way and we weren't purposely giving people less power than other people or anything. I personally think it may have been something in the way the auto limits the torque, they must have found something to change to make the same power come in and stay in. And then they also said they rolled in some TCM updates that were put out by GM. I really don't know more than that, but really it doesn't matter as everyone is making great power now it seems. This only affected 4-5 people from what I understand, and it was taken care of. Maybe it was something in those particular car's OS, who knows.
Thanks. I'm glad to hear it was an unforeseen issue.

Follow up question: Do you or Trifecta now know whether the same thing could happen to new auto trans customers? So basically, is it a known cause that has been eliminated from new tunes or something a customer won't know until they install it and then need to get it fixed somehow?

And if Trifecta now knows what cars would have been affected, do you know if it was cars built early, late or certain date range or maybe some specific option on the cars? I realize this last question is mostly an academic one so not really on-topic.

frankc5r
07-10-13, 09:21 AM
I have a gauge that reads out delivered torque so I can see the day to day differences in power and they are BIG. Intake temps change the power a lot. I talked to Vince and did some logging for him for the tcm and he said 10 deg intake makes a difference. I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak. I see 350ft# with 75 deg ambient and no heat soak. The Solstice IC was poor, not sure about ours as I have not looked closely at it yet but a new one and an intake would help BUTan intake needs to be tuned so one from BNR or Trifecca would be best.

roadpie4u
07-10-13, 10:58 AM
I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak.
Interesting that there is so much of a difference with heat soak without even going to the desert... i wonder what the stock tune did about heat - was it tuned from GM to just work around it, or is the intercooler (or airflow over it) undersized for 350hp, making an intercooler upgrade nearly a "must have"? Frank, you should convince Pfadt to let you borrow one of their FMICs for unbiased data logging. Lol.

I wonder if the intercooler setup on the ATS-V will have a single inlet or a dual inlet...

mpower22
07-19-13, 08:59 AM
Any chance we can get another goup buy going? I'm looking for this in the next month

Nite_Hawk
07-19-13, 09:20 AM
I wonder if the trans has torque management tuned in like on f-bodies or the tbss? You can reduce it through a tune.

mikesul
07-19-13, 11:43 AM
I have a gauge that reads out delivered torque so I can see the day to day differences in power and they are BIG. Intake temps change the power a lot. I talked to Vince and did some logging for him for the tcm and he said 10 deg intake makes a difference. I see as much as 30 to50 ft# difference in torque on a cold start vs driving for awhile and stopping and having car heatsoak. I see 350ft# with 75 deg ambient and no heat soak. The Solstice IC was poor, not sure about ours as I have not looked closely at it yet but a new one and an intake would help BUTan intake needs to be tuned so one from BNR or Trifecca would be best.

The stock ATS turbo I-C is located sandwiched between the radiator and the A/C condenser. Not a very good place to put it make it efficient. Pfadt's FMIC will solve that problem. They also may offer an upgraded I-C that goes in the factory position.

malaka1
07-23-13, 08:56 AM
Can I still get a deal on this?

BNRacing
07-30-13, 10:00 AM
It's too late to get in on this one as it's been over for a while. We may do another sale sometime later this year but can't promise anything. It's well worth it even at full price though!

Bryce2.0T
07-30-13, 04:49 PM
Do you guys have a mailing list for news? Email is way faster than checking this everyday. I dont want to miss this again

BNRacing
07-31-13, 11:14 AM
Yes we do, if you head over to our website- www.badnewsracing.net, you can sign up on our mailing list. Any time we have big sales or specials we send out emails. We usually send out one email per month or less, so it's not like we spam you with crap.

TX_ATS
12-01-13, 02:33 PM
BNR - Any chance you can do another group buy? I know we may be cutting it close for the holidays, but I'm sure there are at least 9 more out there that can add a tune and cable to their Christmas list.

romanats
12-01-13, 09:16 PM
BMR how come I tried contacting you numerous times through email and phone regarding the incident I had with my car I had last week that might be related to the tune and still no call back?

donavo
12-01-13, 09:38 PM
BMR how come I tried contacting you numerous times through email and phone regarding the incident I had with my car I had last week that might be related to the tune and still no call back?

cuz theyre not bmr...theyre bNr....bad NEWS racing. ive tried contacting them 2 and as far as i know hes rly busy. im not pushing it atm but he told me that hes been rly busy.