: Stiff Ride on 2010 CTS 4

Rick Vogt
05-05-13, 06:27 AM
New to the site and I recently traded in a 99 Eldorado Touring Coupe for 2010 CTS. I find the ride to be a bit stiff for my liking and I'm not comfortable with dropping the tire pressure from 35 to 33 overall. Anyone have advice on this? Thanks

arw1510
05-05-13, 10:17 AM
No advice. Did you test drive the car? The cts is available with 3 different suspensions and different wheel packages. All of which are going to affect the ride. Going from 35-33 won't make that big of a deal anyway. The car is marketed and advertised as a "sports" sedan. So you can't expect it to be silky smooth

Rick Vogt
05-05-13, 10:33 AM
I did test drive it and mentioned to the dealer it felt a bit stiff but that it was not a deal breaker. I was told by several other Caddy owners I know that it would never ride like the Eldorado and I'm ok with that. One of them mentioned I could drop the air pressure so I thought to get some other opinions. Thanks for your help.

arw1510
05-05-13, 09:15 PM
I did test drive it and mentioned to the dealer it felt a bit stiff but that it was not a deal breaker. I was told by several other Caddy owners I know that it would never ride like the Eldorado and I'm ok with that. One of them mentioned I could drop the air pressure so I thought to get some other opinions. Thanks for your help.

Gotcha. But I don't think you'll really feel that difference in the psi. What size wheels do you have on there? What tires Came on it? What suspension do you have? Fe1, fe2 or fe3? You can check the rpo codes under the spare tire cover for the suspension