: Changed out my shocks today

allpedal
05-05-13, 01:12 AM
We converted my 2007 back to regular shocks today using the kit from Rock Auto. I took pics and will be doing a write up on it.

The ride is great whether its me or six of us in it.

MrHolland
05-05-13, 01:13 AM
Look forward to the write up!!!

darkknight1999
05-14-13, 12:24 AM
Do you have more info on the parts you purchased? I need to swap out my front shocks and I was looking into converting my electronic back to passive. As I find $600 bucks a shock to be just totally insane. I was looking at the Arnott front conversion setup. But if there is another option I'd like to check that out as well, since I might be selling or trading in my current Escalade for a new one at some point this summer/fall... depending on what the 2014 looks like.

BEarle
05-14-13, 08:45 AM
The 2015 ain't do out until summer 2014, hold tight haha.

darkknight1999
05-14-13, 10:59 AM
Too bad... Maybe I'll keep mine for a little longer then... no probably not.. lol

blackex
05-14-13, 11:03 AM
I would like to see this write up. I'm currently looking to replace my front struts with Arnott's or another brand because I can't take the noises anymore that they are making.

Whiterob
05-15-13, 11:41 AM
Very interested as well. Just picked up an escalade that has horrible bump steer

allpedal
05-15-13, 01:27 PM
Sorry guys, I'll get on it soon. Been insanely busy!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-13, 09:10 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to reach out to everyone and say hi. That is awesome advice you are willing to share with everyone allpedal. I hope everyone is enjoying their Escalade, I would love to drive one around :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Whiterob
05-16-13, 01:52 PM
rather than having to make you write a full review since I would like to order something soon, how about just rate the ride from 1-10..

And for comparison, let's just say that a stock good suspension escalade is an 8.

I am VERY curious about this kit as the price is so good.

Thank you in advanced.

allpedal
05-17-13, 02:31 PM
I'm really kind of undecided on this kit. My problem was I had the compressor go out a while ago and we replaced it. Then find out there was a leak causing the compressor to burn up.

So, I got the kit from Rock Auto as I found it was the best price. I honestly have NO idea how it used to ride because it was messed up for so long.

I does ride much better than before but there is no way it rides as good as factory. I'm also not sure I have enough air in the rear shocks either to be fair. I've noticed quite a bit of bounce in the rear so I think it's because it's low on air.

My original plan was to swap it out and do a writeup for my site and then I was going to lower it but I need to find out what lowered shocks to use.

blackex
05-17-13, 02:40 PM
What do you mean by low on air? Aren't the rear shocks converted to non-air shocks now?

Whiterob
05-17-13, 02:53 PM
EDIT*** corrected myself.. from the website

"Front and Rear; Conversion Kit Converts a Four Corner Electronic Adjustable Suspension to a Four Corner Conventional Passive Suspension While Maintaining the Air Leveling on the Rear. Requires One Kit Per Vehicle."