: 95 fleetwood project

Timika_Lac
05-04-13, 11:16 PM
hello everyone i have finally buckled down and bought a 95 fleetwood and it came with all sorts of problems but since its my project car i will face them 1 at a time until its right the way i want it but my question is how do i get to the wiper motor? is there a special tool that i use to take off the wiper/ wipers etc to get to the motors? i never took off wipers before just changed the blades the problem that i am having is the driver wiper works fine but the passenger doesnt ...any help would be greatly appreciated even pics if any body has any thanks alot

jayoldschool
05-05-13, 12:02 PM
The wiper motor is right out in the open. You don't remove anything to get to it.

Its the silver canister next to the red trans dipstick handle. Has the flat electrical connecter on the front.

http://www.butchthecat.com/94caprice/cap13.jpg

Your problem isn't the motor, however. The passenger side arm is either loose, stripped, or disconnected. Look at the arm. At the end where it pivots, there is a plastic cap, pry it off (careful, they break easy). See the nut? Start the car, put the wipers on. Look at the shaft in the middle of the nut. Is it moving and the wiper arm isn't? If yes, you found your problem. Simply tighten the nut. Hopefully the arm isn't stripped. If this doesn't fix it, you'll need to look at the linkage for a loose part. That involves removing both wiper arms and pulling the shield underneath them. Once you do that, it should be very obvious where the issue is.

Timika_Lac
05-05-13, 08:50 PM
thanks for that info i will be checking it in the morning i really appreciate the help

Timika_Lac
05-06-13, 07:49 PM
alright well jay you were right i pulled the cap and i had to tighten the bolt down to the arm and it worked like a charm. thanks alot i appreciate it very much now to the next problem which is my car idling to high i think a hose may be loose or pcv valve is probably gone bad what may be some other symptoms i could test or check out

jayoldschool
05-06-13, 08:38 PM
Glad it was something simple!

You can access a tachometer function in the HVAC control unit to see what the RPM actually is. The idle is set by the PCM, so it may not actually be too high. Check the FAQ sticky up top to see how to access the tach (and lots of other cool info).

Timika_Lac
05-14-13, 10:52 PM
alright just a brief update i havent check the idle yet...but im going to get it tested this weekend i been busy fixing the windows in my deville but so far all is still well with the car i will be posting up pics soon

YoshiMan
05-14-13, 11:04 PM
Groovy! can't wait to see!

Timika_Lac
05-24-13, 09:00 PM
alright yall its been a little minute but im back with a question or 2 i was wondering where was this plugged hose running too?? and i found another hose that was disconnected by the battery...(this is how i bought the car)...if this a good or bad thing that these are disconnected....109978 109986

Timika_Lac
05-26-13, 10:12 PM
does anyone know??